Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 19 of 19
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By howarmat
  • 2 Post By Masahiro
  1. malingering's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    288 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default closing app in bb10 wlthout going into active frame state? - just wondering

    is that possible? as I remember.. the leaked videos only show when u'r opening an app and u swipe up, it will become an active frame.. is it possible to directly close an app that we open in bb10? anyone with dev alpha may be?
  2. howarmat's Avatar

    Posts
    23,690 Posts
    Global Posts
    24,263 Global Posts
    PIN
    24DA0A39
    #2  

    Default

    from what i saw you tap the active frames in the corner on the "x" and they will close fully

    closing app in bb10 wlthout going into active frame state? - just wondering-bb10-homescreen-210-100.jpg
    ~Matt
    Nexus 5, Z10 LE, White Lumia 521, 32GB Nook HD+ & 16GB PB, 32 GB Dell Venue 8 Pro
    @howarmat
    ichat likes this.
  3. malingering's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    288 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

    Default Re: closing app in bb10 wlthout going into active frame state? - just wondering

    I see... so there's no direct closing.. it must be in active frame and then tap the corner like it used to be on playbook... thx for the answer..:thumbup:
  4. crozyBB's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    81 Posts
    #4  

    Default

    There is no current generic method to close an app unless going into the active frame state. However, it is possible to program a method into the app to terminate itself (i.e. a close button).
  5. Masahiro's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,264 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    #5  

    Default

    On a similar note, I'm wondering if BB10 apps can run in the background and the active frame state is optional...?
    Blatant placeholder signature.
  6. malingering's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    288 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

    Default Re: closing app in bb10 wlthout going into active frame state? - just wondering

    Quote Originally Posted by Masahiro View Post
    On a similar note, I'm wondering if BB10 apps can run in the background and the active frame state is optional...?
    actually sumtimes I was imagining that I can drag my app window on playbook to the upper left hand corner and put it there as a minimized running in backgorund app...
  7. joeldf's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,268 Posts
    #7  

    Default

    How about this - is it possible to not have Active Frames active at all? Maybe an option to just not use it.
    ___________________

    Joel
  8. cfx_will's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    138 Posts
    PIN
    28317186
    #8  

    Default

    I REALLY REALLY don't like pressing on that X to close the active frame. There should be some sort of swipe that removes/closes the active frame. Pressing is such an ancient gesture control. everything else on BB10 uses swipes. In fact, even android swipes their frames away. Why does active frames make you click the X???
  9. berryaddictnoza's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    790 Posts
    Global Posts
    803 Global Posts
    #9  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cfx_will View Post
    I REALLY REALLY don't like pressing on that X to close the active frame. There should be some sort of swipe that removes/closes the active frame. Pressing is such an ancient gesture control. everything else on BB10 uses swipes. In fact, even android swipes their frames away. Why does active frames make you click the X???
    I agree. It would be nice to be able to "swipe away" an app you're using to close it, without having to go into active frame view. One of the things I dislike about iOS is having to go into the active app bar to close an app.
  10. Xopher's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,053 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,723 Global Posts
    PIN
    BBM & Kik (ask)
    #10  

    Default Re: closing app in bb10 wlthout going into active frame state? - just wondering

    Programmatically, developers can build into the app an exit routine. It will exit the app without going to an active tile. But, the user will have to exit the app by the exit button or menu option. If you swipe up, it will always go to an active tile.

    I don't remember if the same swiping motion from the PlayBook will be in BB10, where you swipe up on the tile to close. I don't think you can do that on the Dev Alpha, but that could change.
    RuneCryption - Unique memory game for PlayBook & BB10, now "Built for BlackBerry".
  11. malingering's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    288 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  

    Default Re: closing app in bb10 wlthout going into active frame state? - just wondering

    Quote Originally Posted by berryaddictnoza View Post
    I agree. It would be nice to be able to "swipe away" an app you're using to close it, without having to go into active frame view. One of the things I dislike about iOS is having to go into the active app bar to close an app.
    yep... I think swipe would be more suitable for the "flow" concept...
  12. Masahiro's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,264 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    #12  

    Default

    Come on guys. Think about it. If you could swipe away apps, how many times would you end up accidentally closing apps when you mean to scroll up and down the active frames screen? Also imagine if it were something important you were working on.
    Last edited by Masahiro; 11-17-2012 at 08:45 PM.
    Blatant placeholder signature.
    bluetroll and r0v3rT3N like this.
  13. FunktasticLucky's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    699 Posts
    Global Posts
    702 Global Posts
    #13  

    Default

    I'm pretty sure it would be like now. Swipe over the menu and then exit or close app. No active frame.
  14. NFLPLAYBOOK's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    934 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,063 Global Posts
    #14  

    Default

    I'm hoping there's an option like there is in W8 where you can make an active tile static.
    BB10 Powered by QNX RTOS.
  15. Qaxl's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    332 Posts
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    #15  

    Default

    I think it would be great to be able to close an app without having to go through the Active Frames and making it a 2 step process.

    I just came up with the idea to have a gesture for this and it would work in a similar fashion to the gesture for entering the Hub after a peek.

    So you just Swipe up from the Bezel like a simple Peek, and then instead of moving to the right to enter the HUB, you just continue upwards until you reach the third quarter of the screen at which point there will appear a trash can at the very top of the screen continue your gesture and reach the top Bezel to accomplish Closing an app without having to go through Active Frames.

    What do you guys think ?
  16. howarmat's Avatar

    Posts
    23,690 Posts
    Global Posts
    24,263 Global Posts
    PIN
    24DA0A39
    #16  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xopher View Post
    Programmatically, developers can build into the app an exit routine. It will exit the app without going to an active tile. But, the user will have to exit the app by the exit button or menu option. If you swipe up, it will always go to an active tile.

    I don't remember if the same swiping motion from the PlayBook will be in BB10, where you swipe up on the tile to close. I don't think you can do that on the Dev Alpha, but that could change.
    i have this issue with my playbook all the time during gaming. It really irritates me to the point i will we didnt have gesture control. I actually like my other tabs or my nexus better most times because of this huge annoyance.
    ~Matt
    Nexus 5, Z10 LE, White Lumia 521, 32GB Nook HD+ & 16GB PB, 32 GB Dell Venue 8 Pro
    @howarmat
  17. Masahiro's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,264 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    #17  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by howarmat View Post
    i have this issue with my playbook all the time during gaming. It really irritates me to the point i will we didnt have gesture control. I actually like my other tabs or my nexus better most times because of this huge annoyance.
    I read on these forums (can't find the thread) that game developers for BB10 have the option of disabling or restricting the swipe gestures.
    Blatant placeholder signature.
  18. howarmat's Avatar

    Posts
    23,690 Posts
    Global Posts
    24,263 Global Posts
    PIN
    24DA0A39
    #18  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Masahiro View Post
    I read on these forums (can't find the thread) that game developers for BB10 have the option of disabling or restricting the swipe gestures.
    i am sure they do but most dont seem to disable it. Playing games like shadowgun always have me moving the damn window, thus pausing the game and such
    ~Matt
    Nexus 5, Z10 LE, White Lumia 521, 32GB Nook HD+ & 16GB PB, 32 GB Dell Venue 8 Pro
    @howarmat
  19. GTiLeo's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,282 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,283 Global Posts
    #19  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cfx_will View Post
    I REALLY REALLY don't like pressing on that X to close the active frame. There should be some sort of swipe that removes/closes the active frame. Pressing is such an ancient gesture control. everything else on BB10 uses swipes. In fact, even android swipes their frames away. Why does active frames make you click the X???
    if its anything like the playbok there is a feater to swipe up and toss the app and close it

Similar Threads

  1. One thing is clear: need more iOS apps in BB10!
    By gng11 in forum PlayBook Apps & Games
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 12-08-2012, 08:39 PM
  2. Phone app won't go into landscape
    By sbudaj in forum BlackBerry OS Apps
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 11-11-2009, 08:18 AM
  3. help closing an app in background?
    By tbdbuckeyeitl in forum BlackBerry OS Apps
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-10-2009, 10:19 AM
  4. Going into standby mode in a holster
    By BigL013 in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xx
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-24-2009, 10:04 AM
  5. HELP!So my apps dont go into a download folder...
    By BLAKEDIAMOND in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-23-2008, 06:24 AM

Posting Permissions