Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 25 of 25
Like Tree11Likes
  • 1 Post By jenks5150
  • 5 Post By cjcampbell
  • 1 Post By notfanboy
  • 1 Post By Cesare21
  • 1 Post By cjcampbell
  • 1 Post By dentynefire
  • 1 Post By THBW
  1. jagrlover's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    608 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    bbecause it's bbetter
  2. jenks5150's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    469 Posts
    Global Posts
    477 Global Posts
    #2  

    Default

    Man. Jeff Gadway makes this guy look like a clown.

    -Lock screen shows more than just social networks

    - They're called Active Frames, not 'panes'.

    -So many gesture fails

    -"We've got to remember that security is something that is...quite..interesting"......? Brutal.

    Let Gadway and Vivek do all the demos.
    Remember to RTFM.
    aminrajabi likes this.
  3. xSt0rmTroop3Rx's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    244 Posts
    PIN
    Why so serious?
    #3  

    Default Re: Clear video of new icons in english

    How exciting!!!
    ***One cannot get anywhere in life unless they are willing to steal the tiger's wallet.***
  4. Bobcat665's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    395 Posts
    #4  

    Default

    I knew there was going to be a type of translucent effect when it comes to the icons! Plain grey backgrounds? What are people smoking?
    You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because you're all the same!
    Storm 9530 -> Pearl 9100 -> Torch 9860
  5. amjass12's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,537 Posts
    #5  

    Default

    The guy keeps saying we, as if he is employed by RIM or has a direct affiliation to them, yet his demonstration is not good... He also has the terminology wrong...

    Is it a hoax or p*ss take video???

    Still, the icons look much better, and the blackberry hub is looking sexy!
  6. cjcampbell's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    5,887 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,891 Global Posts
    #6  

    Default

    Aside from seeing the icons, this is a horrible demo. RIM should, if they can, get this video taken down as it's a VERY poor representation of what's coming.
  7. leejayh's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    636 Posts
    #7  

    Default

    take this down!
  8. jenks5150's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    469 Posts
    Global Posts
    477 Global Posts
    #8  

    Default

    Agreed. I think/know that a lot of us CB members could give a more compelling, thorough, and competent demonstration of BB10 without even having held it before.
    Remember to RTFM.
  9. jenks5150's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    469 Posts
    Global Posts
    477 Global Posts
    #9  

    Default

    Good god that last sentence is such a train wreck.
    Remember to RTFM.
  10. brandonwh's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    137 Posts
    #10  

    Default

    Aside from the presentation being not great and people doing presentations need to know the OS better than the back of their hand, is anyone else worried about so many failed gestures? We have seen this before and they say it's because of the dev alpha, but if this is a problem with the real phone, that I think is a huge issue and would be quite annoying for users. Anyone else thinking the same?
  11. jenks5150's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    469 Posts
    Global Posts
    477 Global Posts
    #11  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brandonhak View Post
    Aside from the presentation being not great and people doing presentations need to know the OS better than the back of their hand, is anyone else worried about so many failed gestures? We have seen this before and they say it's because of the dev alpha, but if this is a problem with the real phone, that I think is a huge issue and would be quite annoying for users. Anyone else thinking the same?
    For sure, but again just as an example, check out Gadway's newest demo on BNN. How many failed gestures? Zero. I really do think it comes down to that guy.

    But I do realize a legitimate argument is, some future users of BB10 are going to be even less tech literate than that British guy, so it needs to be fool proof.

    Can't really say because I haven't played with one myself, but I think RIM knows that this core function of the OS needs to be, and will be bulletproof. Wouldn't get too worried about it here as every aspect of that demonstration was a wreck
    Remember to RTFM.
  12. SuperionMaximus's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    359 Posts
    #12  

    Default

    RIM really does need to fix the Peek gesture though before launch as this is not the first video we have seen people struggle with showing it off when not using it at the correct angle. Why does this matter? Because sales people will have to show potential customers in store how it works and if it works terribly in the demo people will buy a different phone thinking something along the lines of "same old crappy blackberry that still doesn't work right on a touch screen". Those same sales people will then become adverse to giving demos, and just start telling people RIM still hasn't nailed it yet and check out this new Android phone that does everything better.

    Seriously, the extra two months delay was to polish and perfect the OS, instead they are tinkering with the icons and lock screen clock and not worrying about the actual important things like usability under more then one circumstance. Peek should be the EASIEST gesture to activate of ant of them. Make it work with virtually any swipe up from the bottom.
  13. knowledge_6's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,281 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,335 Global Posts
    PIN
    2*******
    #13  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperionMaximus View Post
    RIM really does need to fix the Peek gesture though before launch as this is not the first video we have seen people struggle with showing it off when not using it at the correct angle. Why does this matter? Because sales people will have to show potential customers in store how it works and if it works terribly in the demo people will buy a different phone thinking something along the lines of "same old crappy blackberry that still doesn't work right on a touch screen". Those same sales people will then become adverse to giving demos, and just start telling people RIM still hasn't nailed it yet and check out this new Android phone that does everything better.

    Seriously, the extra two months delay was to polish and perfect the OS, instead they are tinkering with the icons and lock screen clock and not worrying about the actual important things like usability under more then one circumstance. Peek should be the EASIEST gesture to activate of ant of them. Make it work with virtually any swipe up from the bottom.
    it's the guy using it..
  14. Techno-Emigre's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    516 Posts
    #14  

    Default

    I couldn't even finish watching the video. The guy being competent at gestures isn't the point, tho. As already said, if it doesn't work flawlessly for people that don't know the gestures, it is a problem. However, I haven't handled a Dev Alpha, but gestures are slick and easy on my Playbooks.
  15. a.crews's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    213 Posts
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    #15  

    Default

    forget the icons....whats up with the hardware! hopefully i will grow to enjoy it...yes i have seen alot of pictures and posts on BB10..but in this video to me it looks terrible!
    "The prettiest women carry the darkest secrets"
  16. RECOOL's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,534 Posts
    #16  

    Default

    lol take this vid down ASAP.Im looking at this thinking does this guy even use the phone looks like bambi all over the place.Just leave the presentation to vivek and people who actually use the phone shessh this very poor display.
  17. hurds's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,377 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,380 Global Posts
    #17  

    Default

    Could have been a better presentation but I think the Icons look awesome.
  18. calicocat2010's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,754 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,766 Global Posts
    #18  

    Default

    I think Kevin should get in touch with Thor and tell him this is a bad presentation and a horrible way of showing BB10 to the world. Oh and to Take this video down Immediately!!!!
  19. notfanboy's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,160 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,161 Global Posts
    #19  

    Default

    Why the clamor to take down the video? As a consumer, I would not like my source of information vetted down to a few well-practiced demo specialists. I am interested in seeing how an untrained person is going to use the new interface. I would like to understand how customers are going to react to the demo units in stores. Will they be able to play with the device without assistance? Or will they walk away in frustration? How much practice does it take to comfortable use the gestures? The guy in the video is not a complete newbie to the interface, how much practice has he had with it?

    Personally I think I can manage to navigate the UI because I have watched a number of videos. I am also more experienced than the "average" consumer though.
    Cesare21 likes this.
  20. amjass12's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,537 Posts
    #20  

    Default Re: Clear video of new icons in english

    Quote Originally Posted by notafanboy View Post
    Why the clamor to take down the video? As a consumer, I would not like my source of information vetted down to a few well-practiced demo specialists. I am interested in seeing how an untrained person is going to use the new interface. I would like to understand how customers are going to react to the demo units in stores. Will they be able to play with the device without assistance? Or will they walk away in frustration? How much practice does it take to comfortable use the gestures? The guy in the video is not a complete newbie to the interface, how much practice has he had with it?

    Personally I think I can manage to navigate the UI because I have watched a number of videos. I am also more experienced than the "average" consumer though.
    yh, but they guy keeps saying we as if he is part of RIM. he called himself a rim developor evangelist or something.... what is that? his claims don't make him untrained.... but the way he describes it sounds like he is untrained.
  21. Cesare21's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    482 Posts
    PIN
    K Ink Wink
    #21  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by amjass12 View Post
    yh, but they guy keeps saying we as if he is part of RIM. he called himself a rim developor evangelist or something.... what is that? his claims don't make him untrained.... but the way he describes it sounds like he is untrained.
    Developer evangelists are people RIM hires to court developers and manage relationships and such. I think the guy showing off was a n00b, and I don't blame him because this will coach RIM how the general public will handle BB10. However, the software needs to be perfect for it and then RIM can invite/ask a few hundred people and note down what they do and their learning curve. This will be immensely helpful for RIM.

    Also, the video was uploaded yesterday, that does not necessarily imply the video was recorded yesterday. It could have been recorded anytime before this.
    Children of tomorrow live in the tears that fall today
    Will the sunrise of tomorrow bring in peace in any way?
    Must the world live in the shadow of atomic fear?
    Can they win the fight for peace or will they disappear?

    -- Black Sabbath: Children of the Grave
    Thanked by:
    amjass12 (11-22-2012) 
    amjass12 likes this.
  22. cjcampbell's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    5,887 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,891 Global Posts
    #22  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by notafanboy View Post
    Why the clamor to take down the video? As a consumer, I would not like my source of information vetted down to a few well-practiced demo specialists. I am interested in seeing how an untrained person is going to use the new interface. I would like to understand how customers are going to react to the demo units in stores. Will they be able to play with the device without assistance? Or will they walk away in frustration? How much practice does it take to comfortable use the gestures? The guy in the video is not a complete newbie to the interface, how much practice has he had with it?

    Personally I think I can manage to navigate the UI because I have watched a number of videos. I am also more experienced than the "average" consumer though.
    I say to take it down, not because of his lack of ability, but for the terminoligy and sheer lack of knowledge on the product. He does claim, loosley mind you, affiliation, yet "advertises" it all wrong. Besides, if they can take down other leaks at their discretion, and ones that gave a good representation, this one would be a easy decision. They are at a point where they need to control what is released and by whom, and this guy is not, nor should be in any capacity, a representative to move the platform forward.
    dentynefire likes this.
  23. dentynefire's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,414 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,415 Global Posts
    #23  

    Default

    This guy seems borderline illiterate.I didn't watch this before because of the comments but after watching this today I agree this has got to be taken down. He doesn't even understand the flow concept. Swiping panes is not the flow and what he refers to as panes are active frames. OMG who is this guy?
    jenks5150 likes this.
  24. jenks5150's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    469 Posts
    Global Posts
    477 Global Posts
    #24  

    Default

    Take it down because "Security is something that is...quite...interesting"

    WTF man.
    Remember to RTFM.
  25. THBW's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    754 Posts
    #25  

    Default

    This is down right funny. Leave it up, I think this guy is RIM's first BB10 groupee. Thank God he didn't spill his beer on the Dev A.
    BrizzadMan likes this.

Similar Threads

  1. New Icon In Downloads Folder "Email Settings"
    By Undisputed in forum General BlackBerry Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-12-2009, 11:33 PM
  2. New Icons in Downloads Folder - Pushed out by AT+T Service Books
    By Brandon32 in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-21-2009, 09:42 PM
  3. How to change color of task icon in calendar
    By ribeiroBB8110 in forum BlackBerry Pearl 81xx
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-06-2009, 11:33 AM
  4. using new icons in PLazmic
    By scribble in forum BlackBerry Themes
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-07-2009, 08:24 PM
  5. Origional config of NEW Storm in box
    By WiseCrack_Storming in forum BlackBerry Storm
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-22-2009, 11:27 AM

Posting Permissions