There is a lot of confusion on the Outlook sync issue.
    This issue DOES NOT pertain to people using BES/ Corporate servers.
    The issue IS NOT transferring data from our old phones to BB10 phones (BlackBery Link does this)
    The issue IS NOT backing up data from the BB10 phone (BlackBerry Link does this too)
    The issue IS NOT setting up an Outlook email account on the BB10 phone.
    You CAN sync your Calendar and Contacts through an Outlook mail account to your Outlook desktop (you'll need to install the Hotmail connector on your Outlook desktop).
    The issue is LOCAL syncing data between our BB10 device and Outlook desktop (NOT an Outlook.com account)
    There are a few of us that use Outlook desktop and need to local sync (with USB, NOT through the cloud) data between the two.
    Last edited by berryaddictnoza; 02-07-13 at 09:46 AM.
    02-06-13 07:09 PM
    I intend to get a Z10 when it becomes available in the United States hoping that by March BlackBerry will have solved whatever may be preventing the Z10 from syncing with Outlook by means of a Wi-Fi and/or USB connection.

The issue IS NOT transferring data from our old phones to BB10 phones (BlackBery Link does that)
    The issue IS NOT backing up data (BlackBerry Link does that too)
    The issue is syncing data between our BB10 device and Outlook desktop (NOT an Outlook.com account)
    There are a few of us that use Outlook desktop and need to local sync (with USB, NOT through the cloud) data between the two.
    Last edited by ecustomer; 02-07-13 at 06:07 AM.
    02-06-13 07:28 PM
    I intend to get a Z10 when it becomes available in the United States and hoping that by March BlackBerry will have solved whatever may be preventing the Z10 from syncing with Outlook by means of a Wi-Fi and/or USB connection.
    I doubt they will. Outlook does not synch with the playbook mail and calendar...this has been known for months so why not fix it? Stupid...I would have bought one yesterday...and likely still will but even if I get my contacts and calendar to my Z10 how am I going to keep it synched on a regular basis with Outlook on my pc?
    02-06-13 07:43 PM
    You CAN sync your Calendar and Contacts through an Outlook mail account to your Outlook desktop (you'll need to install the Hotmail connector). Some of us want to keep data local and not use an email provider.
    02-06-13 08:15 PM
    THere are two other very active thread on the same issue (plus several on the blackberry.com forusm). Hot topic. Here's Carackberry thread #1 :

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...realty-768367/

- R.
    02-06-13 08:28 PM
    02-06-13 08:29 PM
    Morning,

I've just taken delivery of a new z10 from Vodafone in the UK, and having read CB for some time have created an account specially to add my tuppence to this thread. I'm not going to repeat all the information above, but suffice to say that it is critical that Blackberry add in the USB outlook cync to BB Link without delay. I have a number of POP accounts, and run a calendar locally, and it hadn't even crossed my mind that Blackberry would remove this feature.

Blackberry - please sort this asap. In the meantime, I've gone back to my Torch 9860 which actually works.
    02-07-13 03:16 AM
    The issue IS NOT transferring data from our old phones to BB10 phones (BlackBery Link does this)
    The issue IS NOT backing up data from the BB10 phone (BlackBerry Link does this too)
    The issue IS NOT setting up an Outlook email account on the BB10 phone.
    You CAN sync your Calendar and Contacts through an Outlook mail account to your Outlook desktop (you'll need to install the Hotmail connector on your Outlook desktop).
    The issue is LOCAL syncing data between our BB10 device and Outlook desktop (NOT an Outlook.com account)
    Good post. I do have to disagree with your last statement. Based on this website and BB's own forum, I would say that this problem is relevant to more than a few of us. This appears to be a dealbreaker for many people
    02-07-13 08:58 AM
    About syncing with Outlook, I do not have a solution about syncing through USB.
    But you should see if you can connect to your corporate email server using Exchange ActiveSync (EAS) without going through the desktop Outlook client.
    EAS is a direct and secure connection to your corporate email server through the internet and does NOT go through google, microsoft, outlook.com etc.
    You can ask your IT guy about this. If they have instructions to connect, for example, an iPhone or Android device to your network, then it is very likely that you will be able to connect your Z10 to the corporate email account without going through the desktop Outlook.
    02-07-13 09:06 AM
    Further, to use Exchange ActiveSync, you do NOT need an outlook.com account. And EAS does NOT store any data on any third-party server. All your email data is still on your corporate server.
    02-07-13 09:09 AM
    About syncing with Outlook, I do not have a solution about syncing through USB.
    But you should see if you can connect to your corporate email server using Exchange ActiveSync (EAS) without going through the desktop Outlook client.
    EAS is a direct and secure connection to your corporate email server through the internet and does NOT go through google, microsoft, outlook.com etc.
    You can ask your IT guy about this. If they have instructions to connect, for example, an iPhone or Android device to your network, then it is very likely that you will be able to connect your Z10 to the corporate email account without going through the desktop Outlook.
    Yep, this issue is for users that are not on BES/ Corporate email servers. I'll re-edit my OP.
    02-07-13 09:43 AM
    02-07-13 11:59 AM
    Good post. I do have to disagree with your last statement. Based on this website and BB's own forum, I would say that this problem is relevant to more than a few of us. This appears to be a dealbreaker for many people
    Yeah, this has snowballed into a big issue. I can do a workaround to make BB10 work for me, but other people aren't so lucky.
    02-07-13 12:47 PM
    I totally agree with this post! I use a 9810 and have my pop3 account set up on all of my devices as I need to leave emails on my server but have access to them no matter where I am for business. I always back up and sync "locally via USB" every night before leaving my office and if I am on the road, I do it as soon as I get back. Since I have my email account, contacts and calendar on all devices, even if I put an event or appointment on say my phone, or my netbook while on the road, once I sync locally when back at my office, all is good. Since my business and by the looks of this post, many, many others run on Outlook, if they won't sync, it is a deal breaker.
    One note regarding using the Hotmail Connector. I downloaded per another thread and set up my secondary email account (back up that I never use) an outlook.com account, and since setting it up I've had nothing but issues with it. The other odd thing I noticed is that it added a file on my PC called ATTConnect--I deleted it but wonder what it was or is and how it got on there via the download of Connector. I do use ATT as my carrier for my BB but still it shouldn't have put it on the pc. Very odd!
    aargy likes this.
    02-07-13 04:07 PM
    Can someone clarify for me why these users are syncing manually with cable? Just wondering if I should be doing that too.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930
    02-07-13 04:35 PM
    One note regarding using the Hotmail Connector. I downloaded per another thread and set up my secondary email account (back up that I never use) an outlook.com account, and since setting it up I've had nothing but issues with it. The other odd thing I noticed is that it added a file on my PC called ATTConnect--I deleted it but wonder what it was or is and how it got on there via the download of Connector. I do use ATT as my carrier for my BB but still it shouldn't have put it on the pc. Very odd!
    I don't know but could the AT&T connect file have something to do with syncing with your AT&T account? Might be the cause of your issues?
    02-07-13 05:05 PM
    Can someone clarify for me why these users are syncing manually with cable? Just wondering if I should be doing that too.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930
    A cable is needed to sync Docs To Go, so I do a cable sync once a week for everything (Docs to Go, sync to Outlook desktop, music if needed and full back-up of my BlackBerry) You can sync most of these things over Wi-Fi, but I'm plugged in anyhow.
    02-07-13 05:20 PM
    Syncing with a cable is always better than wireless--less chance of a corrupted sync or back up. Wireless is great and no doubt will completely do away with the need for USB cables just like flash drive have replaced CD/DVD players in laptops and eventually in PC's. Its the way of the future but by the time it does take over completely and USB is obsolete, wireless will have been debugged to the point that it will be perfect. So for me, while a USB cable is available I'll use it. Every try doing an OTA OS upgrade? Never really fun--LOL.
    02-07-13 06:30 PM
    I don't know but could the AT&T connect file have something to do with syncing with your AT&T account? Might be the cause of your issues?
    HiJimpilot--good point and most likely the reason for the delays. I've done someinternal hacking on my main PC and dumped the AT&T file, all Java files(not good for speed or anything else on a PC), and the outlook search indexer.Back to mega speed and the only issue remaining is that even though the"Connector" supposedly syncs regularly, it doesn't sync theOutlook.com calendar or contacts with the OUTLOOK 2007 calendar and contacts.Actually syncs the emails great but of course the outlook.com account is onlyfor back up in case my server goes down for our pop3 accounts so there isn't many emails, but at least I can look at them without signing in to the MSOutlook.com site. I really wouldlike it to sync the calendar and contacts as well but who knows, maybe it betterthat it doesn't! LOL!
    02-07-13 06:39 PM
    THere are two other very active thread on the same issue (plus several on the blackberry.com forusm). Hot topic. Here's Carackberry thread #1 :
    I think there are at least 1 or 2 more. Sometimes it seems like 10,000. Or are those the BIS threads. Or the camera threads. Or the app threads..
    02-07-13 11:48 PM
    FYI - Crackberry is looking into it for us, and Kevin is following up with RIM. Our complaints have been noticed and our advocates are in motion.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...90/index3.html

Would be nice if the manufacturer communicated, though. You know - "Customer relations"?

- R.
    02-08-13 02:26 PM

Again use the existing thread! And thanks again R!
    02-08-13 02:33 PM