Yeah I know, I was joking, I have a tendency to do some stirring myself.

I thought someone might get a laugh. Looks like I'm MC'ing at a mortuary.
    Meh! The CrackBerry morg needs a new comedy act.

I got it. There's already enough misunderstanding on this thread though. Wanted to be clear for those who may not comprehend there was tongue in your cheek.

Here's a thread that is a perfect example. "iToy" and Apple user insults all over the thread. Do those need to be there to have a discussion? Those posts aren't considered trolling? They sure don't have much base in facts. http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ild-up-719447/

Not liking a product, or posting review points about why you don't like it is not the issue. Insulting everyone who uses a product simply because they use that product is. Is this considered ok on this forum as long as you are only insulting non-RIM users?
    That thread was shut down 3 months ago. We used to be much more tollerant of non-berry jags. Times have changed, but disinfecting every thread on the site is not a modfia top priority.
    07-27-12 08:30 AM
    Meh! The CrackBerry morg needs a new comedy act.

I got it. There's already enough misunderstanding on this thread though. Wanted to be clear for those who may not comprehend there was tongue in your cheek.

That thread was shut down 3 months ago. We used to be much more tollerant of non-berry jags. Times have changed, but disinfecting every thread on the site is not a modfia top priority.
    I didn't go looking for that thread.... when I log into the forum, I hit "new posts". It came up under new posts right before I posted that link to it. So it was active yesterday morning, and had pages of posts from yesterday. So how was it shut down months ago?

I am not on a hunt to prove some point. Threads with insults towards Apple/Android users like that are literally a daily occurrence. I don't have to hunt down a 3 month old thread to prove something lol. I just saw that thread on the front page, and thought it was relevant to my last post here.
    Last edited by torndownunit; 07-27-12 at 01:33 PM.
    07-27-12 01:29 PM
    I didn't go looking for that thread.... when I log into the forum, I hit "new posts". It came up under new posts right before I posted that link to it. So it was active yesterday morning, and had pages of posts from yesterday. So how was it shut down months ago?

I am not on a hunt to prove some point. Threads with insults towards Apple/Android users like that are literally a daily occurrence. I don't have to hunt down a 3 month old thread to prove something lol. I just saw that thread on the front page, and thought it was relevant to my last post here.
    Sorry, I took a quick look. It was only, the necroposted. You happen to catch the last post?

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ml#post7535625

Was it really necessary to resurrect a 3-month old thread, simply to complain about trollery that was handled 3 months ago?

CLOSED!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by BigBadWulf; 07-28-12 at 07:00 AM. Reason: forgot half my code damnit
    07-27-12 04:06 PM
    [b][color=#000066]Sorry, I took a quick look. It was only, the necroposted. You happen to catch the last post?

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ml#post7535625
    It's great that it's closed, which is all that matters in the end. Thank you. I hope more threads like it suffer the same fate. Discussion on pros and cons is a good thing. Insulting entire user bases though doesn't do the forum any good on any level no matter which direction it's going.
    07-27-12 11:37 PM
    as a fellow member of the best BB forum, I casnnot but completely aggree.
    great post.
    10-30-12 06:45 AM
    Trolls are people too and they have to eat
    11-24-12 10:00 PM
    I'd feel sorry for the trolls if I had the time... NOT!
    Cracklen likes this.
    11-25-12 02:26 AM
    That was a very awesome post by Kevin. Not sure why it took me so long to come across it!
    11-25-12 02:37 AM
    What I'm looking for here is assurance.

I seem to be fairly disappointed with "taking out the trolling trash". It seems a lot of times a thread gets locked or argments are made between a contributing member and a troll. I don't know who gets banned because there isn't a list anywhere, but I have noticed some of same old trolls continue to post. What I am most disappointed about is that anyone with any official power on these forums is seemingly afraid to specifically call out individuals when trolling and saying YOU need to stop. Its like every one is afraid they themselves will get called out if a specific troll is called out. Sometimes in argument post a mod will come on and tell us to keep things clean, but it is never said which user is in the wrong so everyone thinks the mod is talking about the other party. Specific users need to be called out, there are clearly individuals posting garbage and they need to be called out as such.

This is not a swipe at the mods.
    12-13-12 01:45 AM
    What I'm looking for here is assurance.

I seem to be fairly disappointed with "taking out the trolling trash". It seems a lot of times a thread gets locked or argments are made between a contributing member and a troll. I don't know who gets banned because there isn't a list anywhere, but I have noticed some of same old trolls continue to post. What I am most disappointed about is that anyone with any official power on these forums is seemingly afraid to specifically call out individuals when trolling and saying YOU need to stop. Its like every one is afraid they themselves will get called out if a specific troll is called out. Sometimes in argument post a mod will come on and tell us to keep things clean, but it is never said which user is in the wrong so everyone thinks the mod is talking about the other party. Specific users need to be called out, there are clearly individuals posting garbage and they need to be called out as such.

This is not a swipe at the mods.
    You don't seem to have grasped the concept of this process.

The moderators aren't omnipresent... they rely on us as contributing members to report these trolls. Just hit the Report triangle at the top right of their post. Job done!
    Once reported, the moderators will be fully aware of who the offenders are, will closely monitor the situation, and take the appropriate action where required.

We certainly don't need to see 'banned lists', nor should these trolls be publicly 'called out'. This is the attention they seek.

Don't argue with them, don't even respond... just report the post and let the moderators do their job.
    12-13-12 07:54 AM
    Thanks Phill. Finding the right level of moderator action is a very difficult task particularly when supporters of one device seem to consider it their duty to provoke those who admit to using a competing device. Presumably the intention is to provoke a response which would justify banning one combatant or the other.

We know there will always be trolls in the forums - trolls for both sides, many different opinions about what constitutes a troll, and even different interpretations of what a post means. I have just looked at one report which suggests another member is trying to provoke trouble, and that view is plausible if the post is viewed in isolation. However when read in the context of the complete thread the comment is entirely reasonable and acceptable. In those circumstances we tend to give the benefit of the doubt particularly when long term members are involved, and wait for a stronger pattern to emerge.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    12-14-12 04:48 PM
    It also helps when mods do not add to fuel to the fire with mocking and flippant remarks. I am sad to say that I have witnessed some of that.
    Luckily that doesn't happen with great regularity, most mods do their jobs with thoughtfulness.
    lorax1284 and Blacklatino like this.
    12-16-12 06:09 AM
    It also helps when mods do not add to fuel to the fire with mocking and flippant remarks. I am sad to say that I have witnessed some of that.
    Luckily that doesn't happen with great regularity, most mods do their jobs with thoughtfulness.
    While charged with monitoring and discerning what is/isn't appropriate, we are not above reproach. It's always possible for one of us to say something, that a member construed as inflammatory. There's an avenue for addressing such instances, and any complaint about a mod I can assure you is taken quite seriously. That said, this is not the place for such a discussion. .

Forum Moderation Team

CrackBerry.com's owners and administrators trust that any action that a moderator does will follow the above guidelines, so please respect them, as they are volunteering their time to keep this site fun for all to use.

Do not post complaints about Moderators. Crackberry has the highest regard for individuals who volunteer their time to be a moderator. Every day, our moderators read through hundreds of threads and posts, and all decisions by them are final. We trust that any action that a moderator takes will follow the above rules and guidelines. We have a zero tolerance policy for any insults/attacks toward forum moderators. Please send a PM to a Moderator if you have questions about a locked or edited post/thread.

If you feel that you are being treated unfairly, or have a question about an action, you may contact the moderator. You may also send an email to [email protected]. Communicating with us will not change any past moderation's but may influence future actions.
    12-16-12 08:34 AM
    thank you,
    12-16-12 08:50 AM
    This brings an easy way to understand for the required information.....
    01-07-13 03:11 AM
    Where the **** is my freedom of speech?
    Perhaps you should understand that this is a privately owned forum and you have no right to free speech here. It is no different than going to someone's house and being asked to leave because they are offended by how you talk, or being censored on the radio.
    01-08-13 04:09 AM
    Where the **** is my freedom of speech?
    It's there. Never left. But, if one wants to be a kid about it and not want to follow "forum rules"......they get spanked (banned). .

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    01-08-13 05:18 AM
    I've seen it over on WPCentral too (BigBadWulf, that bb10 will destroy wp8 in all junctures spring to mind). This is why I want to start seeing Passport Bans. Because it's getting ridiculous now. Some of the trolling posts that I see and have to resist myself from going nuclear on them is unreal. When I visit here I try to be civil, why can't we all be like that?
    Residing, mikeo007 and BigBadWulf like this.
    01-13-13 08:20 PM
    Well now is going to be a fresh season of trolls, but this is a huge message people need to learn. Don't add fuel to the fire. Trolls seek out negativity, so don't react negative to them. Use your education, and resourcefulness to outwit a troll in a polite foot in mouth type of manner, and if you don't have anything knowledgeable, don't post, when someone posts something knowledgeable, like it or thank them, so that great posts can be signified and people can learn a lot more. Kevin is exactly right, I use to google this site all the time learning almost anything I needed to know that RIM never told us about.

I await the day the new berries are here, with new tips and tricks, and new ways to fall in love all over again!

Hail to the juicy berry
    Hail to the typing leader

Hail, Hail, to Blackberry its Research in Motion!
    01-14-13 06:52 PM
    I was wondering how to contact the administrator(s) of the forum for questioning them about reason for post removal?
    01-30-13 06:16 AM
    I was wondering how to contact the administrator(s) of the forum for questioning them about reason for post removal?
    [email protected] But contact any mod, and we can help with that
    BergerKing and bb10_fan like this.
    01-30-13 06:51 AM
    [email protected] But contact any mod, and we can help with that
    do you have a list of moderators somewhere? My thread posted few minutes ago was almost immediately deleted from News and Rumors. Actually the topic of that thread was more suitable for General discussions and that's what I was trying to ask moderators about hen thread was simply deleted Thanks
    01-30-13 06:55 AM
    do you have a list of moderators somewhere? My thread posted few minutes ago was almost immediately deleted from News and Rumors. Actually the topic of that thread was more suitable for General discussions and that's what I was trying to ask moderators about hen thread was simply deleted Thanks
    PM branta and he will be able to get you an answer
    bb10_fan likes this.
    01-30-13 07:55 AM
    I also personally think that a forum is a place for user discussion and should be used only for such specific purpose. I just cant find any reason why people keep on sharing links for the purpose of marketing on forums...
    semperfi45 likes this.
    02-07-13 01:04 PM
    I also personally think that a forum is a place for user discussion and should be used only for such specific purpose. I just cant find any reason why people keep on sharing links for the purpose of marketing on forums...
    Those would be spammers and you need to use the report button to alert the mods for it's PROMPT removal.
    02-07-13 03:17 PM
444 ... 1415161718
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD