CrackBerry only accessible via BIS or BES!
    There you go Chrisy- talk to Kevin and set it up! lol

while you are talking to him- ask him where my THANKS button went to.
    06-30-12 05:21 PM
    You are only given a limited number of Thanks to use per...either day or per how much you post. Not sure which.
    06-30-12 05:25 PM
    You are only given a limited number of Thanks to use per...either day or per how much you post. Not sure which.
    Well Thank you for the info. I didn't know that you could be TOO thankful. lol What a world! smh
    06-30-12 05:28 PM
    Must be by post lol. Sometimes I don't see it but a refresh and it's there. I don't remember a time not being able to with a refresh.
    06-30-12 05:28 PM
    Do you really belive that it is only non-BlackBerry owners that are negative on RIM right now???
    06-30-12 05:29 PM
    There you go Chrisy- talk to Kevin and set it up! lol

while you are talking to him- ask him where my THANKS button went to.
    I have had buttons disappearing at random today.. usually hitting refreash fixes it.
    06-30-12 05:31 PM
    Must be by post lol. Sometimes I don't see it but a refresh and it's there. I don't remember a time not being able to with a refresh.
    I tried the refresh- I even rebooted my computer and no Thanks. But I could post a thousand negative comments if I wanted to - right? lol
    06-30-12 05:32 PM
    Well Thank you for the info. I didn't know that you could be TOO thankful. lol What a world! smh
    You can use the LIKE button after your THANKS button goes away.
    06-30-12 05:34 PM
    Do you really believe that it is only non-BlackBerry owners that are negative on RIM right now???
    No, and not all non BlackBerry owners are trolls either. We'd lose some good people. But it has to be better than letting vocal basher keep going on and on and on.

I'm disappointed in RIM too. But I'm still happy with my BlackBerry and I still plan on getting a BlackBerry 10.

If you hate BlackBerry and RIM, peace out.
    maddie1128 likes this.
    06-30-12 05:39 PM
    That is a great idea-but a full time job. It would be a lot easier to report and regroup the people that don't bash. I miss the "old" Crackberry.
    Reporting does help, especially on threads that are repetitive and redundant. People who see their threads disappear will get the message to stop creating so many new threads that say the exact same thing over and over.
    06-30-12 05:39 PM
    No, and not all non BlackBerry owners are trolls either. We'd lose some good people. But it has to be better than letting vocal basher keep going on and on and on.

I'm disappointed in RIM too. But I'm still happy with my BlackBerry and I still plan on getting a BlackBerry 10.

If you hate BlackBerry and RIM, peace out.
    Unfortunately there are Blackberry owners who are trolls too, both pro and anti RIM. Using terms such as iToy or iCrap certainly adds nothing to the quality of the discourse.
    BlackStormRising likes this.
    06-30-12 07:27 PM
    Unfortunately there are Blackberry owners who are trolls too, both pro and anti RIM. Using terms such as iToy or iCrap certainly adds nothing to the quality of the discourse.
    Just put those people on ignore.
    06-30-12 07:52 PM
    So everyone who disagrees with you is a troll and has to be taken out with the trash.

I guess everyone should just say "everything is fine" and move on.

I think you may have to toughen up and expect a lot of bad news for at least two more quarters. You may not like it, but the RIM of the past (with accompanying happy news and joy) is long gone.
    For the unhighlighted, you either didn't read, or completely misunderstood Kevin's posts.

Adressing the highlighted:
    You feel the need to make sure the faithful aren't missing the painfully obvious. Something akin to standing outside a Mosque or Temple after services, and informing the members they can't eat pork. No matter how accurate the statement, it's at minimum useless and annoying.
    06-30-12 11:42 PM
    for the unhighlighted, you either didn't read, or completely misunderstood kevin's posts.

Adressing the highlighted:
    You feel the need to make sure the faithful aren't missing the painfully obvious. Something akin to standing outside a mosque or temple after services, and informing the members they can't eat pork. No matter how accurate the statement, it's at minimum useless and annoying.
    thank you.
    06-30-12 11:46 PM
    Wow....new round of bans......

Thank you mods!!!!!

(*mental note.....be REALLY REALLY good*)
    bungaboy and pantlesspenguin like this.
    07-23-12 08:25 AM
    It isn't a new round, just an ongoing process.

We got lucky, a bunch of prolific trolls and disruptive posters checked out for various reasons. That allowed more time for the moderators to focus on the background instigators, and more enforced departures followed.
    07-25-12 01:53 PM
    I feel more relaxed to post now, I remember being baited and my intelligence insulted a number of times, whic I ignored or reported.
    07-25-12 01:59 PM
    Unfortunately the original post doesn't seem to address a segment of RIM fanatics here who like to start threads with opening posts calling anyone who uses any other platform "sheep", "robots" and various other insults. So I guess that isn't considered trolling on this forum? Or is that type of trolling just acceptable because it's not negative towards Blackberry? Because these types of threads are way too common.

Please don't take the post as combative. There are a lot of us here who use multiple platforms who are not hostile posters in the slightest, and who participate in these forums. I think a lot of us contribute with useful posts, and don't deserve those attacks.
    Last edited by torndownunit; 07-25-12 at 02:27 PM.
    LazyStarGazer likes this.
    07-25-12 02:24 PM
    Unfortunately the original post doesn't seem to address a segment of RIM fanatics here who like to start threads with opening posts calling anyone who uses any other platform "sheep", "robots" and various other insults. So I guess that isn't considered trolling on this forum? Or is that type of trolling just acceptable because it's not negative towards Blackberry? Because these types of threads are way too common.

Please don't take the post as combative. There are a lot of us here who use multiple platforms who are not hostile posters in the slightest, and who participate in these forums. I think a lot of us contribute with useful posts, and don't deserve those attacks.
    You can always report them...
    07-25-12 02:30 PM
    You can always report them...
    I can, it would be just nice if a thread started to address trolling mentioned the issue since it is a pretty prevalent issue, and ends up resulting in a lot of threads turning hostile.
    07-25-12 03:02 PM
    Such insults may not have been a frequent problem when the original post was made. That minor detail doesn't stop us taking down posts, handing out warnings to the offenders, and "isheep" has certainly been the last straw to bring at least one ban.
    diegonei and BigBadWulf like this.
    07-25-12 05:49 PM
    Are we allowed to expose these trolls by name???

Man, I hope so, I have been wanting to do more posting but all these despicable trolls keep ruining it for me!!!
    07-25-12 08:17 PM
    Are we allowed to expose these trolls by name???
    Man, I hope so, I have been wanting to do more posting but all these despicable trolls keep ruining it for me!!!
    It's really easy, and been availabLe since CrackBerry's early days.

Report them
    07-25-12 10:12 PM
    It's really easy, and been availabLe since CrackBerry's early days.

Report them

Yeah I know, I was joking, I have a tendency to do some stirring myself.

I thought someone might get a laugh. Looks like I'm MC'ing at a mortuary.
    07-26-12 09:43 PM
    Here's a thread that is a perfect example. "iToy" and Apple user insults all over the thread. Do those need to be there to have a discussion? Those posts aren't considered trolling? They sure don't have much base in facts. http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ild-up-719447/

Not liking a product, or posting review points about why you don't like it is not the issue. Insulting everyone who uses a product simply because they use that product is. Is this considered ok on this forum as long as you are only insulting non-RIM users?
    Last edited by torndownunit; 07-27-12 at 05:48 AM.
    07-27-12 05:36 AM
444 ... 1314151617 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD