There was a sequence of key presses that I used to use to clean my memory on my BB Bold 9000.
    Only I can't remember it now, can someone help?
    I used to hold the alt key while pressing a few other keys but don't recall what ones!

Thanks Lee.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-02-10 10:10 AM
    Hold ALT, press L,G,L,G in a sequence.
    06-02-10 10:23 AM
    Do you mean clearing the java event log? Hold the Alt key and type L G L G then press the BB button and select clear log. You can also run the memory clear app, under Options, Security Options, Advanced Security Options, Memory Cleaning (enable), then press BB, and select Clean now. Also you can clear out the web caches, by running the browser app, then pressing BB, select Options, then Cache Operations, then clear all 4 areas.

EDIT: The BB does an OK job keeping up with this stuff on it own with the latest versions of the OS so it's not needed to do this as much these days.
    06-02-10 10:29 AM
    Hold ALT, press L,G,L,G in a sequence.
    This key combination allows access to the the device log file, but I suspect the OP is looking for the keyboard device reset sequence:

Performing a SOFT reset on the BlackBerry device

Performing a soft reset stops all applications on the BlackBerry device by pressing the ALT+RIGHT SHIFT(CAP)+DELETE keys. A soft reset re-establishes communication between the BlackBerry device and the computer. ...
    06-02-10 10:31 AM
    thanks everyone, lots of helpful info there.

Rgds Lee.
    06-02-10 03:24 PM
    thanks everyone, lots of helpful info there.

Rgds Lee.
    So.. the alt lglg is what you were looking for to clean your memory?
    06-02-10 03:27 PM
    I've found that when attempting a firmware update that gets refused if I do the ALT LGLG first I can the do the upgrade ok.
    I did the lglg last night then upgraded my bold to v5 and it looks very different. Shame as I'm due an upgrade now and the new 9700 won't look so different now.
    Rgds Lee

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-03-10 11:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD