We know it was really just an upgrade to maintain the bold users from switching to the iphone and gaining back the ones lost from people who did not like bb10. How much more can you improve that look? Make it thinner or the touchscreen larger? I see maybe 1 more probably but not advancing on its look will make us look real ancient.

Do they get them to transition to the slider or passport 2 from there?

Just some thoughts...

Posted via CB10
    06-03-15 01:54 PM
    A bit slimmer and lighter without sacrificing battery life. 4:3 screen with rotation and slightly bigger screen. Add fingerprint scanner to trackpad, keyboard touch capacitive and beef up the specs.

Other than that, nothing.
    Billy Bob Jimmy Joe and Soapm like this.
    06-03-15 01:59 PM
    I've actually been wondering this as well. I would like to see a different design change.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-15 02:05 PM
    We know it was really just an upgrade to maintain the bold users from switching to the iphone and gaining back the ones lost from people who did not like bb10. How much more can you improve that look? Make it thinner or the touchscreen larger? I see maybe 1 more probably but not advancing on its look will make us look real ancient.

Do they get them to transition to the slider or passport 2 from there?

Just some thoughts...

Posted via CB10
    The real question is did the Classic succeed in what it was designed to do? BlackBerry needed a HUGE jump in sales to take place with the Classic, at the very least they needed the Classic to maintain the losses due to people updating from Legacy devices. Some indicator do show that sales have increased (Kanatar), but then you have others say that sales are lagging. We'll know in a few weeks...

But I've never really taught that BlackBerry was losing customers because the Q10 was too different from the Bold.
    06-03-15 03:50 PM
    I think they can do a lot with it. The current model is kind of a Q5 replacement if anything. Maybe the next generation can go up market in terms of specs and especially build quality.

I know it's for businesses to buy but hey maybe there are some Bold owners that would like a higher end feel like their old phones.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-15 04:03 PM
    There is tons they could improve on other than the tool belt it's pretty unremarkable by today's standards. Screen, ram, rom, battery, keyboard reliability, software integration with the tool belt, ect... I don't think we will get to see another one which is criminal because they really gimped this one by using first Gen bb10 internals.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-15 04:08 PM
    They could do something with the back I suppose, give it that textured glass weave effect that the Q10 has. Looks wise I'd say the Classic is the best looking phone on the market, better than an iPhone 6.

Love the keyboard, and especially love the fact that I can feel myself adapting to it and getting quicker with typing, with no mistakes or need for autocorrect. That is a fantastic feeling!
    06-03-15 04:39 PM
    John Chen has said that a successor to the Passport and Classic are in the pipeline, though I'm sure that means sometime in 2016.

I had the 9900 and had it from the day it launched on my carrier in summer 2011 to when the Z10 launched. I loved that phone and can see why so many still use it if they want great emailing and texting only. I originally wanted the Classic but then the Passport came first and I reluctantly bought it to support BlackBerry but then.. I used it and love it. But then the Classic came to my carrier a few weeks ago, and I was eligible for an upgrade, so I got it.

I am so torn between the Passport and Classic. I love all the Passport has to offer, but the Classic has a lot of what made me vow to always have a BlackBerry. In that respect, there really isn't much BlackBerry SHOULD do to the Classic style devices. The Passport or other variants can be the phones that push the company forward and garner headlines, but the Classic should remain in similar design, maybe some leather or carbon weave, and definitely updated internals in future versions. But the OP is right that the design doesn't have much room to evolve. But for those of us buying the Classic, that retro styling with modern internals is what we want (I think).
    06-03-15 04:53 PM
    I am so torn between the Passport and Classic. I love all the Passport has to offer, but the Classic has a lot of what made me vow to always have a BlackBerry.

YES!!! I love the Classic! Grant it, it is NOT the 9900 nor the Bold line as we knew it in regards to legacy BBOS, but the Classic does a damn fine job of resurrecting what I LOVE in a device. It is simply beautiful. Could definitely be improved upon in all the obvious ways, but it's this beautiful Bold form I adore. For me it is the perfect size. After all I want a MOBILE device. Not a tablet... The size of phones are riDAmNdiculus and (at least in my opinion) unnecessary. The Passport, while having many appealing points, just lacked in overall comfort for me. It felt awkward in my hands, it was bulky and much bigger than I wanted or needed and the keyboard was less then the sex. Compared to the Classic's keyboard, the Passport's fell flaccid.

I would absolutely love (and hope for) BlackBerry to carry on a successor to the Classic. Carry on with the BlackBerry roots... Some of us love and appreciate the 'Classics'... To me, sans a few tweaks here and there, the Classic is perfectly wonderful. Everything I want and need in a device.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-15 06:25 PM
    I was so disappointed with the classic that I left bb hardware after 15 years. size was fine but quality was subpar.
    I hope the China phones stop or I'll never go back to hardware I'll just stick with their software

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-03-15 07:08 PM
    Unless sales are better than any other BB10 device, then the Classic should be the absolute last device of its kind. They wasted so much time and resources bringing this phone to market and claimed that it was built to convert legacy users over and implied their research said it would be a huge seller. Conference call will tell us if it failed or not.

Posted via Z30
    06-03-15 07:13 PM
    A bit slimmer and lighter without sacrificing battery life. 4:3 screen with rotation and slightly bigger screen. Add fingerprint scanner to trackpad, keyboard touch capacitive and beef up the specs.
    4:3 display for sure! I would remove the toolbelt so the phone won't be too long. Something like this

Is the classic the last of its kind?-blackberry-tk-justice-dual-core-blackberry-10-superphone-concept-3.jpg
    Is the classic the last of its kind?-concept-design-blackberry-q30-con-tastiera-fisica-qwerty-1.jpg

Posted via BlackBerry Classic
    06-04-15 01:30 AM
    Don't you think removing the toolbelt for the Classic 2 is a little weird?

Posted via CB10
    06-04-15 01:34 AM
    Toolbelt is awesome no removing please
    06-04-15 01:48 AM

Posted via CB10
    Totally right.

That would cause the original camp to rebel, and contravenes the reason why the Classic was made in the first place while the Q10 was already out!

:-D

�   Wife currently leaping around for joy with her new toy....   �
    Last edited by Prem WatsApp; 06-04-15 at 04:27 PM.
    06-04-15 02:24 AM
    I'm pretty sure the Classic/Bold bloodline will be kept alive. Those phones are BlackBerry's core after all and if they want to stay in the physical keyboard market, where they have basically a monopoly, there's no way around that kind of form factor.

As for the device iteration, as many have already said, you can pack great specs into a well built and elegantly designed phone while maintaining excellent battery life.

Posted via CB10
    terminatorx and AthenaSmith like this.
    06-04-15 04:45 AM
    Having Bluetooth issues with my Passport I thought I would visit my local AT&T store and see if they would let me connect my BT device to a Passport to determine the origin of the issue.
    Well of course they stopped carrying the Passport, but there was a Classic on display. Wow! I didn't expect to be impressed with that phone but I surprised myself at how much I liked the size and build. That demo phone certainly changed my mind. I will be due for a upgrade soon and I'm certainly thinking of getting this little (compared to the Passport) as a backup or even a daily use phone.
    I'm hoping BB will keep this form factor in the BB phone stable.

Posted using my BlackBerry Passport.
    06-04-15 05:33 AM
    4:3 display for sure! I would remove the toolbelt so the phone won't be too long. Something like this

Those renders look great, esp the bottom two. But as stated, it's the Classic, so toolbelt has to stay. If they can make it 4:3 it at least is in proportion for candybar displays (ie Android apps) and should look better. Same for video. It's not 16:9 but close enough.

And a little bit thinner and lighter to make it feel more modern like other flagships would be important, imho. They did cheap out on the internal specs with the Classic.
    06-04-15 06:05 AM

Posted via CB10
    Depends on if you think putting one on there to begin with was a little weird in this day of touch screens.....

Personally I think the LEAP (or better a Z10 replacement) should have been 1st to market, and then maybe a Passport Mini should have been the "option" for those that still cling to the physical buttons.

Here in the US I just don't see enterprise being hung up on needing "cheap" devices, and iPhones seem to be the device of choice with maybe a Note or Galaxy device in the mix. But I know that the US market isn't the whole world and Chen has professionals that have their fingers on the pulse of enterprise and they know exactly what they are doing with the Classic and the LEAP.
    Billy Bob Jimmy Joe and Aju like this.
    06-04-15 07:50 AM
    The Classic should have been the flagship device of BB10, so it’s really a two year old device in terms of specs. It’s definitely a holdover device, getting Bold users to upgrade and prevent others from jumping ship. I’d like to see a full physical keyboard phone like the Classic with better specs. The Bold 9900 had a better build quality, as well as a removable battery. Those would be good features on a Classic successor.
    AllanQuatermain likes this.
    06-04-15 12:41 PM
    Despite the fact these are just dream concepts man they look beautiful!!!
    06-04-15 05:55 PM
    Classic, to me, is reference to the classic BlackBerry keyboard. I just want a Q device looking like that. As much as I like the look of the toolbelt it just adds redundant functions. I won't hesitate to sacrifice it for more screen real estate.

06-05-15 01:42 AM
    Totally right.That would cause the original camp to rebel, and contravenes the reason why the Classic was made in the first place while the Q10 was already out!
    Even if it had amazing specs you don't think people will buy it because of no toolbelt? The Passport has no toolbelt but has great specs. Passport users seem to be very content with it.

NecroSemen likes this.
    06-05-15 01:57 AM
    (oops, delete)
    06-05-15 01:59 AM
    Even if it had amazing specs you don't think people will buy it because of no toolbelt? The Passport has no toolbelt but has great specs. Passport users seem to be very content with it.

I wish they'd add shortcuts / actions to all pkb devices that could replicate the toolbelt. Like X for Back, etc. With a touch capacitive keyboard replicating the trackpad. I'd love to hit a key to cycle through menus, end a call or go back one step!

Posted via CB10
    06-05-15 06:58 AM
33 12