Marketing 101

The general public doesn't care about the details...it's all about the brand.

Jimmy Kimmel Passes Off $20 Casio Watch as the iWatch | Digital Trends
    07-24-14 09:29 PM
    I bought it cause of the logo.
    bungaboy and ThunderShock2005 like this.
    07-24-14 09:55 PM
    Well it's the power of marketing and suggestion , if they were to put the Apple Logo on a BlackBerry Device they would have flown off the shelves.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-14 11:06 PM
    That's awesome! If it's apple then it's good right?

Q10SQN100-1/10.2.1.3247
    07-24-14 11:59 PM
    Well it's the power of marketing and suggestion , if they were to put the Apple Logo on a BlackBerry Device they would have flown off the shelves.

Posted via CB10
    At this point I'm pretty sure leaving off the BlackBerry logo will move more product.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-14 12:00 AM
    At this point I'm pretty sure leaving off the BlackBerry logo will move more product.

Posted via CB10
    Sadly, one can't even argue with that lmao

Posted via CB10
    07-25-14 01:41 AM
    Maybe BlackBerry should choose a bigger fruit as it's logo. How about JackFruit?.

Attachment 286815

Posted via CB10 from my Z30
    lovedaazn likes this.
    07-25-14 01:46 AM
    And Blackberry didn't benefit greatly from its own brand loyalty in the good-old days? Is it really a matter of public ignorance? Aren't we all ignorant about some of the things that we buy?

Do you know where the food comes from in the meals that you are served or groceries that you buy? Or, do you choose the brands that you are familiar with? Just because your parents bought that kind? How can you be so blindly loyal? What's more important? The kind smartphone that you use or the food that you put in your body every day?

Marketing 101:
    Q: You have the best brand in smartphones. How do you manage it?
    A: Sell as much as you can with your brand but, above all, try not to trash it.

The general public doesn't care about the details...it's all about the brand.
    Witmen and dannykavs like this.
    07-25-14 02:02 AM
    The blonde cougar says that she has everything Apple - phone, iPad, iPhone and would even buy the watch. She went on to say that she will buy anything made by Apple. What she did not realise is that the only functionality the iPad or iPhone can get is to remain with Apple products. She is so ignorant to the fact that both mobile devices are very restricted to PCs.

And what about this fool who is amazed by the time and how time is displayed. Isn't a watch meant to tell you the time.

IMO...I do not see how wearables are going to sell. I personally do not wear a watch and haven't done so since the Skytel Two way pager. Having a mobile is enough for the time weather and other features.
    Last edited by Mr.G_under; 07-25-14 at 08:39 PM.
    NotGoodIMO and citystars41 like this.
    07-25-14 02:27 AM
    This is exactly what I - as a brand manager myself - give Apple much credit for and at the same time I pick on Apple fans for taking sales numbers as evidential for superior product quality.
    07-25-14 02:45 AM

Posted via CB10
    Nah man its the power of stupidity or herd mentality!

? BlackBerry Z30 ? If it Don't Make Dollars, It don't Make Sense ?
    07-25-14 03:00 AM
    They don't show the whole video. Edited and cut. They only show the people that fell for the trick.
    Still funny though.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    07-25-14 03:02 AM
    They don't show the whole video. Edited and cut. They only show the people that fell for the trick.
    Still funny though.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    I really hope that most people aren't that dumb.

Q10SQN100-1/10.2.1.3247
    07-25-14 03:15 AM

I bet you'd say otherwise if Blackberry had that kind of following.

Posted from an ME173X
    NaijaBerry likes this.
    07-25-14 03:35 AM
    Nice, Kimmel! Sad but this is why ppl are called isheep
    07-25-14 04:02 AM

It's more like brand functions 101. People don't have time to study everything, so brands are there for orientation in a flood of random products. They mark the product as something of which you know what you get without investigating it. Which leads us to the fact that a mass product like the iPhone with a US market share of 40 to over 50% depending ion the quarter isn't always bought for known superior quality.
    07-25-14 04:59 AM
    I don't get the impression from Apple commercials that they are touting superior quality. They are making the product aspirational. Their commercials are meant to generate an emotional reaction. Sometimes they show closeups of the hardware design but most of the time they are showing apps, both native and 3rd party apps and people using the devices.
    07-25-14 08:17 AM
    The fact of how successful it is for consumer products just imagine what else they do to public perception and how much influence they put on the public to get them to think how they want about other things as well!!! SCARY STUFF!!! Stop watching TV and going with the group!!!!!
    KiLuMaNaTi likes this.
    07-25-14 08:48 AM
    Wow good job jimmy for making the isheep look absolutely stupid and ignorant.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-14 09:08 AM
    That was funny...can people be so blind...really....

Beware - MAJ on Z10 !!!
    07-25-14 09:34 AM
    I have a bone to pick with this thread. First, I am sure the Kimmel show went out there and did their taping capturing many more people than what you saw on TV. Then they edited it and picked the ones to make a funny show. We don't know how many people weren't fooled.

Second, all you diehard Blackberry fans are absolutely no better than any "iSheep" as you like to call them. You are just as pig-headed and quite frankly can be just as rude. You tout Blackberry's superiority over Apple or Android because Blackberry works for you. Someone else touts Apple or Android because it works for them. There is absolutely no difference in your or the other person's actions. If a Blackberry user and an iPhone user are on a forum and both show respect, then once again there is no difference. It is always the same between any user of ANY device.

Now if you really have guts and want to talk objectively rather than subjectively then Apple is a company that has been thriving and Blackberry on the very brink of flat-lining. You all talk about iSheep and all that garbage, why don't you man (or woman) up and give Apple its due for its successes and hold Blackberry (RIM) accountable for its failures. Running around like a small mob with torches and pitch forks looking for someone to hang. Apple is successful because it does what it takes to be that way. When Apple is not successful its because it failed to do what it takes. Same goes for Blackberry or any other company or individual.

You make it seem like the ENTIRE WORLD are some drooling zombies and you are the sole good guys fighting against evil and its grip on the world.

LET IT GO!

And one more thing.... LONG LIVE HOWARMAT!
    07-25-14 09:34 AM
    I think the fan boys here are more hurt by the fact that TV shows aren't trying to fool people with a BlackBerry device. Apple is in American pop culture, BlackBerry isn't (Chew on that #BBFactCheck). When a celebrity goes on the street and tries to fool the masses, then there will be a certain percentage that will think the question asked is honest and sincere and won't have any reason not to think the celebrity isn't forth coming with his questions.

The real sticking point here, is late night hosts, pick on Apple and not BlackBerry, and that hurts fan boys the most.
    07-25-14 10:55 AM
    Maybe BlackBerry should choose a bigger fruit as it's logo. How about JackFruit?.

Attachment 286815

Posted via CB10 from my Z30
    Delicious!

Using Z10, wanting Z30, eyeing Windermere
    07-25-14 10:58 AM
    Dumb and Dumber Lol!!! surprises is apple is a crap!! Lol
    07-25-14 11:02 AM
    The blonde cougar says that she has everything Apple - phone, iPad, iPhone and would even buy the watch. She went on to say that she will buy anything made by Apple. What she did not realise is that the only functionality the iPad or iPhone can get is to remain with Apple products. She is so ignorant to the fact that both mobile devices are very restricted to PCs.

And what about this fool is amazed by the time and how it displays the time. Isn't watch meant to tell you the time.

IMO...I do not see how wearables are going to sell. I personally do not wear a watch and haven't done so since the Skytel Two way pager. Having a mobile is enough for the time weather and other features.
    And BlackBerry isn't??
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    07-25-14 11:10 AM
127 123 ...