09-05-13 05:43 PM
    not surprising really. I have had 4-5 different brands of phones thru the last 5 years
    09-05-13 05:46 PM
    well that's a fail, because i know i'm not loyal to rogers, i know i'd never be loyal to bell or telus if i ever switched to them. Every carrier is junk. I'll put my loyalty to a device maker or OS maker before i give my soul to a carrier
    09-05-13 05:46 PM
    Well there's only a few carriers and a myriad of cell phone brands, it's easier to switch phones than to switch carriers. Dumb article really, just stating the obvious.

Z10? Why yes it is.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-05-13 05:51 PM
    well that's a fail, because i know i'm not loyal to rogers, i know i'd never be loyal to bell or telus if i ever switched to them. Every carrier is junk. I'll put my loyalty to a device maker or OS maker before i give my soul to a carrier
    That seems a bit odd coming from someone as normally level headed as you. I'd think the primary concern would be one of call quality and coverage which are two things the manufacturer can't really control.

I am much more loyal to AT&T because of those two things, followed by costs. The actual device is tertiary.
    09-05-13 06:05 PM
    That seems a bit odd coming from someone as normally level headed as you. I'd think the primary concern would be one of call quality and coverage which are two things the manufacturer can't really control.

I am much more loyal to AT&T because of those two things, followed by costs. The actual device is tertiary.
    Telus - from day one of being 18 have wanted a 1k deposit from me

Bell - junk service, I used them when in new brunswick when rogers screwed me over. Never again will I deal with them.

Rogers - Current Carrier - only reason -I'm military, and I can rely on them to have service in Afghan and wherever the military goes, as that's the provider for the military. I have been screwed one to many times by rogers. Last time was a upgrade from a LG Optimus 3D. Had 2 go bad on me, I made my complaints to switch to the iPhone 4S that had just launched. They said I can do it and just pay the admin fee (35$). 4 months later I'm charged 900$ for a iPhone 4S. I fight it, they don't removed it, they cut me off service. I had a second separate line that had no issues, still being paid as per normal, they cancelled that on me due to the other account.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 06:13 PM
    This is silly,.. changing services is, to many, more intimidating than just buying a new device of a different brand.

There are contracts, making sure the number is ported, dealing with reps, paying closing fees, sign up fees, in some cases it even requires a credit check or a hefty deposit.

On the other hand, changing brands when your contract is up for renewal is encouraged, often 'free' (in exchange for your soul), seemingly easier and done more often.

So... it could be said that most will change carriers only in extreme circumstances.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 06:21 PM
    @Kris Simundson: Holy cow!! Yeah, I can see your specific justification...your level-headedness has been restored
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-05-13 06:24 PM
    @Kris Simundson: Holy cow!! Yeah, I can see your specific justification...your level-headedness has been restored
    never lost it

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 06:36 PM
    I changed carrier because of a phone.
    09-06-13 05:39 AM
    I changed carrier because of a phone.
    Really? I hope they still have the coverage you need. Where I live there are only 2 that have coverage where I live and go so the carriers have me stuck with them cause there aren't any other choices.
    09-06-13 06:45 AM
    Really? I hope they still have the coverage you need. Where I live there are only 2 that have coverage where I live and go so the carriers have me stuck with them cause there aren't any other choices.
    Toronto
    09-09-13 05:47 PM
    I wouldn't call it loyalty. To me
    Its more of being satisfied with the service you are receiving for the cost. I have had Verizon for quite a while, but if there was a company I got better phone service for a better price. I would switch.
    09-09-13 06:26 PM
    Clearly didn't survey the Crackberry community

Posted via CB10
    09-09-13 06:45 PM
    I was never loyal to either till I got my first BlackBerry. Still not loyal to any carrier though. Been through four telecom brands(two companies).

Posted via CB10
    09-09-13 10:25 PM
    BlackBerry has been the only smartphone brand I've ever used and I've been with two carriers. The reason I left the first is because the weren't getting BB10.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-13 11:16 PM
    not surprising really. I have had 4-5 different brands of phones thru the last 5 years
    Very similar with me (see signature below). Sprint may not be well-liked, but they've treated us right - and my wife is a champion at reversing any charges she doesn't like.
    09-09-13 11:24 PM
    I am not sure if the survey is representative.
    09-10-13 09:48 PM