I will jump that bridge when the time comes, I have no plans on switching device any time soon.
    laketrout73 likes this.
    09-25-13 04:59 PM
    If there are no new device being sold that use BlackBerry's NOC... at some point the user base will not support the cost of operating and maintaining this network.

And if everyone know that their devices are obsolete and at some point will stop working, it will only hasten the demise of the network.

Does an iOS or Android device that is managed with BES10 use BlackBerry's NOC?
    I agree, but then no one knows for sure what will happen with traditional BB phones. There has been some talk of there still being a business there in very low cost messaging handsets. Someone could make those. Aside from that there is no reason traffic from iOS and Android phones could not take advantage of the NOC for secure B2B type services. The thing RIM did all those years ago that is not easy to replicate (as I understand things) is get the carriers to allow them to tie in to their networks at a "trusted" level. Maybe that is a special thing, but maybe not as things evolve.
    09-26-13 02:28 AM
27 12