Is it just me, or is the chrome edging on the new Curve, the Bold, and the upcoming Niagra different than the chrome edging on say, the 8800 series?? I LOVE LOVE, absolutely LOVE what I see so far of the Niagra...and will more than likely replace my 8830 with one, if it comes to Sprint...but I gotta say...I really prefer the chrome edging on the 8800 series, to the new stuff. Granted, whatever RIM is using now is pretty much "fingerprintless" ... I still think it stands out and is a bit more shiny on the 8800's...any feedback?

Also...IMHO, the keyboard on the 8800's is by far the BEST in terms of functionality. For whatever reason I really dislike the spacing and shape of the curve buttons. Which is why I'm thrilled to see the keyboard on the Niagra is a spitting image of the 8800 series. Good call RIM!!

Again, this is just my personal taste...

Michael

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-19-09 12:19 AM
    Also-is the LED a bit smaller than the 8800 series? I've held the new Curve, and Bold only a handfull of times. I know the storms is a bit smaller...is RIM streamlining this? I prefer the size of the 8800 series really...

Its the little things lol

03-19-09 12:23 AM
    Is it just me, or is the chrome edging on the new Curve, the Bold, and the upcoming Niagra different than the chrome edging on say, the 8800 series?? I LOVE LOVE, absolutely LOVE what I see so far of the Niagra...and will more than likely replace my 8830 with one, if it comes to Sprint...but I gotta say...I really prefer the chrome edging on the 8800 series, to the new stuff. Granted, whatever RIM is using now is pretty much "fingerprintless" ... I still think it stands out and is a bit more shiny on the 8800's...any feedback?

Also...IMHO, the keyboard on the 8800's is by far the BEST in terms of functionality. For whatever reason I really dislike the spacing and shape of the curve buttons. Which is why I'm thrilled to see the keyboard on the Niagra is a spitting image of the 8800 series. Good call RIM!!

Again, this is just my personal taste...

Michael

Trust me... the keypad on the Niagra will not be spitting image. It will be much better and looks to be the same as the Bold. I had the 8820 and the Bold and the keypad on the Bold just blows it away. By far, a much better keypad. If you loved the 8800 keypad, your really going to be in for a treat.

And it was a good job by RIM
    03-19-09 12:23 AM
    Mconk, you're one of the few ppl I've heard rave about the keyboard on the 88XX. For most ppl the lack of spacing btwn keys are an invitation for typos and double key presses.

03-19-09 02:09 AM
    Mconk, you're one of the few ppl I've heard rave about the keyboard on the 88XX. For most ppl the lack of spacing btwn keys are an invitation for typos and double key presses.

I think I speak for most of my 8830 wielding breatheren when I say you eventually learn to use the keyboard. I can type every bit as quick with the 8830 as I can on a Curve, Bold, or whatever else. The only thing faster in my book is the G1 keyboard.
    03-19-09 07:41 AM
    I am anothe rperson who prefers the 8800/Bold keyboard over the Cruve's. My fingers seems to flow falster across the smoothness of the keys, with the simle ridges making it easy to press. I found the spacing of the Curve keys to be a little too "bumpy" for me.

It's all just personal preference.

I'm glad to see an update to the 8830 coming, and that it has the Bold-style keyboard.
    03-19-09 11:07 AM
    You guys all missed the original question though! I've reposted the question in the Tour boards, as there wasn't one at the time I originally posted this question.

07-01-09 11:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD