It seems to me that if BB10 will allow for direct downloading of Android apps and there was a link on the phone to a store then BB10 might still succeed. Perhaps Chris knows or thinks that the APK solution is not at hand.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    12-12-13 11:57 AM
    Who?

Posted via CB10
    12-12-13 12:00 PM
    Chris is an analyst and attempts to be as objective as he can. I think in the past (especially for shareholders who frequent this site), he’s been a bit rosy in his analysis. I think the rather large inventory write-down and sale/not for sale nonsense has worn even a reasonable person down and it sounds like he’s less willing to carry their water. The numbers don’t lie.

Think about, if Chris comes out and spins a story that you like, when the next ER rolls around and its horrible, he’s going to have egg on his face. Anyone can cheer the technology but you can’t keep cheering poor financial performance. If when BBRY turns the financial corner Chris will change his tune.
    12-12-13 12:06 PM
    What?

Posted via CB10
    sk8er_tor likes this.
    Who?

Posted via CB10
    He writes articles for Crackberry outside of the forum.

It made more sense if my comment was under who... anyway I'll gracefully exit...

Posted via CB10
    Essoo likes this.
    12-12-13 12:07 PM
    Chris is doing a service presenting the Citi and his own analysis. There is a very large segment on this forum who preach very questionable financial advice concerning BBRY stock, and the amateurs eat it up. I can imagine all the money from CB members that has vanished in the past year alone.

I have never visited a fan/support site for a electronic/mobile/computer product that included a stock analysis section before. I find this to have the potential to be harmful.

There is a need for caution.
    12-12-13 12:23 PM
    Op, What are you talking about?
    12-12-13 12:26 PM
    If "we" refers to people who visit this forum then we will never lose faith in BB10, rather, the traffic will simply dwindle over the years as people migrate to other platforms. Over at webOSNation there is still a group of people that believe in the future of webOS: webOS Nation Forums The most recent front-page article is from 6 months ago but forum participants haven't lost faith. One recent post is from a guy who is thinking about going back to webOS and most of the forum participants think it's a great idea.
    12-12-13 12:37 PM
    Chris Umiastowski  has lost faith in BB10 - should we too ?-wat8.jpg

This is on par with the "Kevin got an iPhone, therefore he's a traitor" talk.
    12-12-13 12:42 PM
    If "we" refers to people who visit this forum then we will never lose faith in BB10, rather, the traffic will simply dwindle over the years as people migrate to other platforms. Over at webOSNation there is still a group of people that believe in the future of webOS: webOS Nation Forums The most recent front-page article is from 6 months ago but forum participants haven't lost faith. One recent post is from a guy who is thinking about going back to webOS and most of the forum participants think it's a great idea.
    Hilarious!
    12-12-13 12:48 PM
    Chris is doing a service presenting the Citi and his own analysis. There is a very large segment on this forum who preach very questionable financial advice concerning BBRY stock, and the amateurs eat it up. I can imagine all the money from CB members that has vanished in the past year alone.

I have never visited a fan/support site for a electronic/mobile/computer product that included a stock analysis section before. I find this to have the potential to be harmful.

There is a need for caution.
    The market is always right ....
    12-12-13 01:23 PM
    Chris has always presented the BBRY case in very subjective terms and keeps the emotional attachments out. However, I'm not sure he's lost faith in BB10, I think he's more concerned with market volumes and within that narrow focus he has commented that a "Super Android" phone based on Blackberry features, hardware and secuirty would be a winner.

I think he is more positive on the 10.2 direction but still would like to see more sales volumes to prove the point.
    12-12-13 01:24 PM
    yawn.... another what if thread
    12-12-13 01:27 PM
    Read this one - the comments are great

Thorsten Heins at the AGM: The message remains consistent | CrackBerry.com

Nothing ever changes.
    notfanboy likes this.
    12-12-13 01:34 PM
    lost faith, i dunno,,, maybe just woke up...
    JeepBB, bekkay and Saiga like this.
    12-12-13 02:28 PM
    Ask yourself this, do you enjoy your device? If yes, then who cares what someone else thinks or does.

Zed10
    12-12-13 02:40 PM
    Ask yourself this, do you enjoy your device? If yes, then who cares what someone else thinks or does.

Zed10
    the thing may be that some people took his "all is well" outlook to heart & lost some cash in the process...
    12-12-13 02:47 PM
    the thing may be that some people took his "all is well" outlook to heart & lost some cash in the process...
    I have no sympathy for people who read something on the internet than invest cash and lose that cash. And are you really blaming Chris Umi for other people's financial loses? Because that is how your post reads.

Posted via CB10
    mkelley65 and web99 like this.
    12-12-13 05:47 PM
    Those needing everything positive can still go to the Gadget Masters website and read how the Z10 outsells the Galaxy S4 in South Korea, UK, France, etc.

Or Crackberry could hire the Michael Li rocket scientist guy to write investment reports for them.
    geoffsdad likes this.
    12-12-13 07:47 PM
    Those needing everything positive can still go to the Gadget Masters website and read how the Z10 outsells the Galaxy S4 in South Korea, UK, France, etc.

Or Crackberry could hire the Michael Li rocket scientist guy to write investment reports for them.
    Yeah, because they sure as h3ll aren't going to find it on Crackberry

Posted via Z10 featuring Channel C0031BD24 (UTB Subscribed)
    Paisley Pirate and Omnitech like this.
    12-12-13 09:21 PM
    The market is always right ....
    Quite the opposite.
    Paisley Pirate likes this.
    12-12-13 09:29 PM

mike Li never make any more article in thegadgetmaster again...his latest article is on september. looks like gadgetmasters already get rid michael li because his dumb research...

chris maybe tired always sugar coated BB news and problem...today i think not just only chris, even kevin already seems less enthusiast sugar coated BB news
    milo53 likes this.
    12-12-13 10:15 PM
    My point is that Chris does not even mention the potential for APK apps possibly to revive the platform. Maybe he knows something.

12-12-13 10:44 PM
    My point is that Chris does not even mention the potential for APK apps possibly to revive the platform. Maybe he knows something.

Actually he did. Sometime around the beginning of last November if I recall correctly (I seem to recall it's been 3 or 4 weeks since I read it on CB's main page). I'm too lazy to search for it right now (sleepy time coming soon), but if you exercise some diligence you'll find it.
    Umaima_B_Dia likes this.
    12-12-13 11:20 PM
165 123 ...