I'm sure he will at least kick the tires of a Passport when the time comes, and if he prefers it, having had tried an iPhone 6 will just give him a more balanced perspective (and credibility). If I could afford it (i.e. not married), I would love to try every device too.
    What?? I thought the Passport and the iPhone 6 target completely different users? I read it here on Crackberry every day.
    AnimalPak200 likes this.
    08-29-14 08:25 PM
    Chris doesn't work for 'CrackBerry', he works for Mobile Nations and brings several different aspects and analysis for all of the sites. If you don't like his thoughts or opinions fine, but at least understand his position. I write for all the sites as well...does that make me any less passionate about the platform I CHOOSE to use? Not at all.
    Huge difference. Bla1ze is a subject matter expert ( Blackberry). Chris's level of analysis is very superficial although he purports to be an expert on investing in the mobile phones sector.
    Andy_bb_king likes this.
    08-29-14 08:26 PM
    Again, spelling...

"....But when we start to use words like cannabilization we're discussing the business of Apple....."

Cannabilization?

No thanks, not for me.
    No "back pain" yet... ;-)

Attachment 294518

? BlackBerry? I premdict the future's gonna be chenomenal! ?
    Attached Thumbnails Chris Umiastowski : BB to Android and now Apple-img_20140830_122043.png  
    Last edited by Prem WatsApp; 08-29-14 at 11:40 PM.
    notafanboy likes this.
    08-29-14 09:23 PM
    "...discussing the business of Apple..." ?

Sure this stuff is highly profitable. ;-)
    Just ask around in the rest of California...

? BlackBerry? I premdict the future's gonna be chenomenal! ?
    notafanboy likes this.
    08-29-14 09:29 PM
    Since when did what device or devices Chris Umiastowki uses matter? He is just another fish in the pond just like everybody else. He decisions will not make or break BlackBerry. Also he is entitled to use whatever device he likes.
    Last edited by wincyUt; 08-30-14 at 11:32 AM.
    08-29-14 09:49 PM
    Since when did what device or devices Chris Umiastowki uses matter? He just another fish in the pond just like everybody else. He decisions will not make or break BlackBerry. Also he is entitled to use whatever device he likes.
    OMG! Stop being so rational! Geez.

08-29-14 09:52 PM
    OMG! Stop being so rational! Geez.

What can I say EIC
    08-29-14 10:14 PM
    You can download a file manager for iOS. Not everyone likes BlackBerry 10, for a lot of people, iOS will be far better than BlackBerry 10. At end of the day, it's all preference.

Posted via CB10
    What is the app? I'll try it on my wife's iPad.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-14 10:45 PM
    The way some people react....jeez. you'd think Chris slept with some of your wives or something. Maybe he did...?

Posted via CB10
    08-29-14 10:54 PM
    What is the app? I'll try it on my wife's iPad.

Posted via CB10
    There's one called File Manager (Not even taking the ****...). Another called iFiles, just do a search through the App Store, there will be plenty of them

Posted via CB10
    08-29-14 10:54 PM
    Hmm here we go again...

Sent from my BlackBerry Q10 using Tapatalk
    08-29-14 11:02 PM
    Let me be honest here

...who cares?

Posted via CB10
    jojo beaconsfield and shaleem like this.
    08-29-14 11:37 PM
    The way some people react....jeez. you'd think Chris slept with some of your wives or something. Maybe he did...?

Posted via CB10
    The way some of these big babies act all b*tt hurt I'd say Chris's chances are pretty good.
    LatinoLoco24 likes this.
    08-29-14 11:57 PM
    "13 years of BlackBerry and moved on"

An apt case of BlackBerry's failure.
    08-30-14 12:28 AM
    The way some of these big babies act all b*tt hurt I'd say Chris's chances are pretty good.
    Especially with his newly enlarged... iPhone 6.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 and wincyUt like this.
    08-30-14 12:30 AM
    This matter of taste and requirements, which at all different. My two sisters use apples and won't change them.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-14 12:46 AM
    Inb4 the lock!
    No idea who this Chris guy is.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-14 12:51 AM
    This matter of taste and requirements, which at all different. My two sisters use apples and won't change them.

Posted via CB10
    First you get them on the BBM. Then you peak their curiosity. Then they ditch the iDrone.

Posted with X10 via CB10
    08-30-14 12:56 AM
    It would not get out of hand if we just allow people to use the devices of their choice.
    that's frustrating on both ends. Most BlackBerry users think they're more elite than iPhone or Android users (And some of us are), but they just like a platform better. And then in the same breath, iPhone and Android people look down on us because we have blackberry devices, all the while not knowing much, if anything about BB10.

just use the damn phone if you like it. if your phone is your status symbol, you're doing something wrong in your life.
    08-30-14 01:06 AM

Posted via CB10
    I'm sure people would sacrifice their wives in order for him to not switch.
    Nemzy, LatinoLoco24 and imz like this.
    08-30-14 01:07 AM
    I'm shocked it took until page 2 for the anti Umi crowd to start chirping.

It's ridiculous.
    08-30-14 01:09 AM
    For some reason I thought that he was allowed to choose whatever products he likes and what he thinks suits his needs, but I guess we must all be forever relegated to only using one certain product/service (in this case BB).

But seriously, at what point do we get over the unnecessarily trivial battle between what I like and what you think I should like. I see no reason why someone must only like one point of view on any argument.
    08-30-14 09:52 AM
    What a waste of a thread. They are just phones and not the key to all the answers of the universe. Why would anyone care about what phone anyone uses? Why would anyone care what anyone thinks about the phone, or phones, that they use? I know that I don't and I don't think that I'm the only one.
    08-30-14 09:52 AM
    The difference between a fan and a fanatic. The difference between a patriot versus terrorist. The difference between a devout follower and a martyr.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-14 10:13 AM
    What a waste of a thread. They are just phones and not the key to all the answers of the universe. Why would anyone care about what phone anyone uses? Why would anyone care what anyone thinks about the phone, or phones, that they use? I know that I don't and I don't think that I'm the only one.
    ... Because this is a forum about phones?
    08-30-14 02:05 PM
66 123