I have a Bluetooth headset that I absolutely love.. It's the Jabra BT8010 (check it out at Jabra BT8010 - Bluetooth 2.0 mono headset for work and attachable stereo unit for play) and it worked FLAWLESSLY on my old T-Mobile Curve 8320. I recently switched carriers to Verizon and got the Tour 9630, which I also love. I connected the Jabra BT8010 to my BB Tour with ease. The connection is very choppy though. It doesn't work very well with calls or while using the media player to listen to music. It's not like a CD would skip though.. It will cut out music for anywhere from a split second to 15 seconds or so..

Anyone have any idea why this headset is so horrible with the Tour but so wonderful with the Curve 8320? I thought it may be a carrier issue, but the cell signal shouldn't effect the streaming music over bluetooth.

My car also supports bluetooth, so I will check that out and see if I have the same problem with another bluetooth device. Maybe the Tour's BT is just sub-par? Perhaps it just doesn't work with this particular device (Jabra BT8010)? I hope that isn't the case because I got it for a great price and would recommend this headset to anyone. Whatever the issue, I have no idea how to fix it.. but any input helps.

Thanks!
    01-06-10 02:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD