Who can BlackBerry be compared to? Or what kind of system or interaction between people does it encourage?

Source: Leshi TV compares Apple to Hitler - Business Insider

Check Out TechCraze

Attachment 344102

Attachment 344103
    03-27-15 10:13 AM
    Who can BlackBerry be compared to?
    Obviously not Hitler?

Posted via CB10
    03-27-15 10:20 AM
    Obviously not Hitler?

Posted via CB10
    So.. Nelson Mandela?

Check Out TechCraze
    03-27-15 10:23 AM
    that tech billionaire is probably no better than the other billion dollar companies...
    03-27-15 10:24 AM
    that tech billionaire is probably no better than the other billion dollar companies...
    It's still probably made in the same sweatshop in Shenzhen, just with a little more lead paint on the outside.

Godwin's Law kicked in so fast...

Posted via CB10
    chgaida and TGR1 like this.
    03-27-15 10:26 AM
    The irony is strong with this one. The CEO of a Chinese company making comparisons to the head of a dictatorship is quite laughable. Anything to get yourself in the news, I guess.
    03-27-15 10:41 AM
    Based on the premise of the comparison (that it is a closed source environment), then BlackBerry is pretty much the same. Well, except for its complete lack of success in dominating anything.

So perhaps a fitting BlackBerry representation would be some miniscule, poverty-stricken Latin American country dictator (now realizing he's screwed and desperately trying to offer its crummy exports in other countries, while it's own citizens suffer from scarcity of everything).

Posted via CB10
    03-27-15 10:44 AM
    Based on the premise of the comparison (that it is a closed source environment), then BlackBerry is pretty much the same. Well, except for its complete lack of success in dominating anything.

So perhaps a fitting BlackBerry representation would be some miniscule, poverty-stricken Latin American country dictator.

Posted via CB10
    I think that makes us North Korea?

Posted via CB10
    jmr1015 and MarsupilamiX like this.
    03-27-15 10:45 AM
    Double post

Posted via CB10
    03-27-15 10:45 AM

Posted via CB10
    Lol... Latin America dammit.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-15 10:46 AM

So perhaps a fitting BlackBerry representation would be some miniscule, poverty-stricken Latin American country dictator (now realizing he's screwed and desperately trying to offer its crummy exports in other countries, while it's own citizens suffer from scarcity of everything).

Posted via CB10
    How? Bbm is cross platform, iOS is not, BES seeks to manage all devices to the same level, MDM competitors do not, BlackBerry seeks to collaborate with partners to offer customers the greatest choice? Apple does not, BlackBerry sells all kinds of devices, Apple sells a rectangle in not-so-different shapes and sizes.. Apple accessories are mostly only compatible with Apple device, BlackBerry's accessories (not cases but say bluetooth stereo thing, and if you count Pebble watch initially) are not..

The CEO compared Apple to a dictator, not a country, if BlackBerry was a dictator it would probably be a relatively unknown/ignored one but that holds a lot of potential power(used to be more recognised) , a number of unused resources and yes exporting whilst feeding it's small but dedicated population someone like Mugabe, but slowly building up with key partners, not closed

Check Out TechCraze
    03-27-15 03:40 PM
    Not that any of this means sh*t

Check Out TechCraze
    03-27-15 03:40 PM
    How? Bbm is cross platform, iOS is not,
    BBM is a service. iOS is an operating system. Two entirely different entities that shouldn't be compared.

BES seeks to manage all devices to the same level, MDM competitors do not,
    What?!? How the hell do you come to this conclusion? Seriously.

BlackBerry seeks to collaborate with partners to offer customers the greatest choice?
    This is a very recent development that has yet to bear fruit. Don't for a moment portray it as something they've always done. And let's not ignore that everybody else partners for similar goals.

BlackBerry sells all kinds of devices, Apple sells a rectangle in not-so-different shapes and sizes.. Apple accessories are mostly only compatible with Apple device, BlackBerry's accessories (not cases but say bluetooth stereo thing, and if you count Pebble watch initially) are not.
    And yet Apple outsells BB 100 to 1. But hey... Don't let that get in your way.

Via Tapatalk
    03-27-15 04:05 PM
    How? Bbm is cross platform, iOS is not, BES seeks to manage all devices to the same level, MDM competitors do not, BlackBerry seeks to collaborate with partners to offer customers the greatest choice? Apple does not, BlackBerry sells all kinds of devices, Apple sells a rectangle in not-so-different shapes and sizes.. Apple accessories are mostly only compatible with Apple device, BlackBerry's accessories (not cases but say bluetooth stereo thing, and if you count Pebble watch initially) are not..

The CEO compared Apple to a dictator, not a country, if BlackBerry was a dictator it would probably be a relatively unknown/ignored one but that holds a lot of potential power(used to be more recognised) , a number of unused resources and yes exporting whilst feeding it's small but dedicated population someone like Mugabe, but slowly building up with key partners, not closed
    BlackBerry sells all kinds of devices... Apple only sell the iPhone... and iPad, and iPod, and MacBooks... and iMacs. And Mac Pros... and Apple TV. And AirPort Extreme routers... and now Apple Watch.

So how many product categories is Apple successfully selling in?
    1) Smartphones
    2) Tablets
    3) MP3/Media devices
    4) Personal desktop PCs
    5) Professional desktop PCs/Workstations
    6) Laptops
    7) Networking equipment
    8) TV streaming equipment

Soon to be Smartwatches... If you include Beats, then Headphones. I'm sure I'm missing a handful as well.
    03-27-15 04:32 PM
    BlackBerry sells all kinds of devices... Apple only sell the iPhone... and iPad, and iPod, and MacBooks... and iMacs. And Mac Pros... and Apple TV. And AirPort Extreme routers... and now Apple Watch.

So how many product categories is Apple successfully selling in?
    1) Smartphones
    2) Tablets
    3) MP3/Media devices
    4) Personal desktop PCs
    5) Professional desktop PCs/Workstations
    6) Laptops
    7) Networking equipment
    8) TV streaming equipment

Soon to be Smartwatches... If you include Beats, then Headphones. I'm sure I'm missing a handful as well.
    This isn't about current "success"(which can be subjective) or sales, didn't Hitler gain a lot of success yet was in the end crippled by a small yet strategic 'competitor'

I don't actually agree with the connotation, but if comparisons are to be made,

Check Out TechCraze
    03-27-15 04:50 PM
    This isn't about current "success"(which can be subjective) or sales, didn't Hitler gain a lot of success yet was in the end crippled by a small yet strategic 'competitor'

I don't actually agree with the connotation, but if comparisons are to be made,

Check Out TechCraze
    What? Hitler lost the war for several reasons... None of which involve being "crippled by a small yet strategic competitor." Most agree one of the biggest turning points in the war was the battle of Stalingrad... which Hitler lost because of poor preparation (German forces were not equipped to deal with Russian winters) and due to poor support. Hungarian and Romanian forces were trusted to guard the German flanks... the soviets overran the flanks and surrounded the Germans.

Hitler had a few policies that hurt his war efforts... A couple of which was a stance of "no retreat, no surrender" and the fact he personally took over control of his armies and thought he knew better than his own experienced generals. Second, he picked horrible allies, and was up against Titans... Namely, the US, UK, and Soviet Union... Three of the largest superpowers on Earth. Third, he was fighting a war on multiple fronts, assaulting the soviets throughout Eastern Europe, and fighting the allies throughout Western Europe, the Atlantic, and North Africa/Middle East. He had early success conquering the weak. Poland.
    03-27-15 06:45 PM
    Obviously not Hitler?

Posted via CB10
    Mussolini.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-15 07:07 PM

Posted via CB10
    They've got rockets and nukes now, afaik... :-(

�   Passposted while waiting for the Zzzzzlider....   �
    03-27-15 08:48 PM
    All I know is that we won the war...

Posted via CB10
    03-28-15 12:35 AM
    jmr1015 likes this.
    03-28-15 05:26 AM
    Really folks!! Who cares, Apple will sell another 20 million devices this quarter and his comments will all but be forgotten.
    03-28-15 05:30 AM
    I think that makes us Australia a great big beautiful country but only a population of 20 odd millon

Posted via CB10
    03-28-15 06:39 AM
    Who can BlackBerry be compared to? Or what kind of system or interaction between people does it encourage?

Source: Leshi TV compares Apple to Hitler - Business Insider

Check Out TechCraze

Attachment 344102

Attachment 344103
    LOL! Well he probably compares Apple to Hitler because he can't get away with making fake iPhones made out of plastic and running android and ripping people off, without getting sued by Apple. I could see that. LOL!

In all seriousness, I don't know didn't read the article just speculating. But it's happen to a few people I know.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-15 05:48 PM