Stop buying gadgets like blackberry then. Seriously. Treated like "animals" probably typed on a device made in china.

Sent from my iPhone4s using Tapatalk
    02-06-12 04:35 PM
    You completely miss the point of the thread. The fruit of the labor those people provide is all put in Corporate Executive pockets while those people in China barely make enough to live and they are treated like animals. This is because we are told "The US can't compete with the cheap cost of labor in China" and because the Chinese Government is a Plutocracy like ours here in the US is becoming.

I have a news flash for you. There are ways to deal with situations like that but they require honest and fair trade practices, and honesty with the end users. Corporate America and the US government are anti-honest, anti-fair, and the people in charge "Want to cheat as much as possible" regardless of the damage they do to society, both Chinese and American.
    Wow. Certainly none of this is true, but I do meet people who believe it. Each time is a surprise.

Usually it fits the model "Wall Street needs to stop being so greedy" along with "What the *#&$*#&&^ is wrong with my 401k? I'm dumping this fund if it doesn't start performing!!!".

I think we can at least agree that the Chinese workers are MUCH better off with Apple/Foxconn/The rest than they were before the factories arrived, and they would be MUCH worse off if the factories left. So the factories are aiding them in industrializing and are helping the workers increase the value of their labor, improving both their and their nation's lot.

It's not a zero sum game, that's the most important thing to remember.
    02-06-12 04:39 PM
    Wow. Certainly none of this is true, but I do meet people who believe it. Each time is a surprise.

Usually it fits the model "Wall Street needs to stop being so greedy" along with "What the *#&$*#&&^ is wrong with my 401k? I'm dumping this fund if it doesn't start performing!!!".

I think we can at least agree that the Chinese workers are MUCH better off with Apple/Foxconn/The rest than they were before the factories arrived, and they would be MUCH worse off if the factories left. So the factories are aiding them in industrializing and are helping the workers increase the value of their labor, improving both their and their nation's lot.

It's not a zero sum game, that's the most important thing to remember.
    None of this is true? Break out your history books.

Its about how the government regulates corporations and sets up foreign trade. I don't know what what your talking about. Some Fox news garbage I suppose.

As for the Chinese being better off with Foxconn? That is merely your opinion and will never be anything more. Slave away in the fields or slave away at Foxconn. There is no difference.

You obviously don't have a grasp on the numbers, TV watchers never do. The money exists, its just being distributed improperly. Both here and in China. The solution is to fix both.

Proper Foreign Trade provides benefit in both directions. Linning pockets over here and lying to us so the Chinese can be enslaved doesn't exactly make for benefit both ways.

Does it?

Your TV tells you something can't be done and you beleive it.

You seem to have an enormous disconnect with your fellow citizens, regardless where you may be, you should start there.
    Last edited by olblueyez; 02-06-12 at 05:10 PM.
    02-06-12 04:52 PM
    None of this is true? Break out your history books.

Its about how the government regulates corporations and sets up foreign trade. I don't know what what your talking about. Some Fox news garbage I suppose.

As for the Chinese being better off with Foxconn? That is merely your opinion and will never be anything more. Slave away in the fields or slave away at Foxconn. There is no difference.

You obviously don't have a grasp on the numbers, TV watchers never do. The money exists, its just being distributed improperly. Both here and in China. The solution is to fix both.

Proper Foreign Trade provides benefit in both directions. Linning pockets over here and lying to us so the Chinese can be enslaved doesn't exactly make for benefit both ways.

Does it?

Your TV tells you something can't be done and you beleive it.

Look, I see you've bought it, I get that. And I see folks every day who take a very surface approach and think that if the Chinese don't have UAW level comforts, it must be "bad".

"As for the Chinese being better off with Foxconn? That is merely your opinion and will never be anything more. Slave away in the fields or slave away at Foxconn. There is no difference."

The field conditions are immeasurably worse, and pay 1/2 to 1/10th as much. No room for opinion there. The field workers would do ANYTHING to get the Foxconn jobs, we see that clearly. Because the job conditions and pay are immeasurably superior.

In any event, the Foxconn workers would weep to see people here trying to ruin their only hope of industrialization. Imagine if the British had been able to have Vermont furniture mills shut down to "save" the poor workers. We'd still be walking behind mules thanks to their "help"!!!

Redistribution, as you hint, is a zero-sum game mentality, and everything looks VERY bad through that lens.
    02-06-12 05:10 PM
    If the Chinese want a different government than only the Chinese can achieve that. Americans fixing American problems may just hurry that process along but that is the "reality" of all this.

We can only try and fix our own and hope that China will do the same.

Another time, maybe you could bind them so closely, but that is not the present.

If we continue to print funny money at the reserve and spiral into a collapse than those factories in China will start closing.

Part of the solution is bringing some of those jobs back here to the US.

As for working conditions in China, I think China has enough people to cause some changes. There is one thing the Chinese have always done better than we have.
    Last edited by olblueyez; 02-06-12 at 05:56 PM.
    02-06-12 05:14 PM
    If the Chinese want a different government than only the Chinese can achieve that. Americans fixing American problems may just hurry that process along but that is the "reality" of all this.

We can only try and fix our own and hope that China will do the same.

Another time, maybe you could bind them so closely, but that is not the present.

If we continue to print funny money at the reserve and spiral into a collapse than those factories in China will start closing.

Part of the solution is bringing some of those jobs back here to the US.

As for working conditions in China, I think China has enough people to cause some changes. There is one thing the Chinese have always done better than we have.
    Agreed.
    02-07-12 03:28 AM
131 ... 456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD