Bb10 will have been dead for a couple years and Chen will be point out people in the audience who still use bb10.

And he will continue to say the OS is "supported" and he "values" our loyalty.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-16 06:00 PM
    Mr Chen as the CEO is going to do what's best for the company and the shareholders.

If that means a software oriented company with limited hardware then so be it. It's better then not being in business at all.
    rarsen and vernigorka like this.
    07-23-16 06:10 PM
    Just be glad that someone will be giving Keynotes in the next few years. It didn't look like that was going to be happening for a while.
    app_Developer and JeepBB like this.
    07-23-16 07:29 PM
    He's been there for what? 2 years? He is about to leave soon. In his eyes he accomplished his goal of making the company profitable again. Now their just begging for a buyer to come around.
    07-23-16 08:16 PM
    I'm just saying that, let's say 5 years from now, BlackBerry will be giving keynotes and there will still be audience member with there b10 phones.

Posted via CB10
    TCB on Z10 likes this.
    07-23-16 09:48 PM
    I'm just saying that, let's say 5 years from now, BlackBerry will be giving keynotes and there will still be audience member with there b10 phones.

Posted via CB10
    5 years from now you will be hard press to find someone with a BB10 device.
    TgeekB, Dunt Dunt Dunt and JeepBB like this.
    07-23-16 10:08 PM
    5 years from now you will be hard press to find someone with a BB10 device.
    I still occasionally still use my Atari and Palm, both great devices whose companies failed due to poor business practices and lack of market savvy. However, the difference is they did not hire a Chen. No matter, there will be lots of us rockin our tough BB10s in 5 years. If they are not made anymore, that will just make them all the more cool!

BB, Still the One
    07-24-16 08:35 AM
    Bb10 will have been dead for a couple years and Chen will be point out people in the audience who still use bb10.

And he will continue to say the OS is "supported" and he "values" our loyalty.

Posted via CB10
    BB10 is here to stay. A year or 2 down the line we will have another upward surge in demand for BB10 smartphones, like what happened with the BBOS phones. It will follow more or less the same pattern as back then but with a slight twist. First it will be government/military sector, then enterprise sector and then it spills over to the consumer market. I hope this time that won't mess it up as they did with BBOS phones

Long Live BB10!
    TCB on Z10 and Person421 like this.
    07-24-16 09:12 AM
    BB10 is here to stay. A year or 2 down the line we will have another upward surge in demand for BB10 smartphones, like what happened with the BBOS phones. It will follow more or less the same pattern as back then but with a slight twist. First it will be government/military sector, then enterprise sector and then it spills over to the consumer market. I hope this time that won't mess it up as they did with BBOS phones

Long Live BB10!
    Based on what? I'm truly interested in where anyone would get information that points to this.
    07-24-16 09:38 AM
    Based on what? I'm truly interested in where anyone would get information that points to this.
    It probably involves unicorns.

Yeah, I too can see that in a few years from now there'll be a pent-up demand for 5-year old Classics and elderly Z30's within regulated industries that will spill over into the mainstream and lead to BB recapturing past glories and market-share... oh, wait... no, I can't see that happening at all. Ever!
    Last edited by JeepBB; 07-24-16 at 12:01 PM.
    07-24-16 11:49 AM

Long Live BB10!
    LOL

Posted via CB10
    07-24-16 12:00 PM
    It probably involves unicorns.

Yeah, I too can see that in a few years from now there'll be a pent-up demand for 5-year old Classics and elderly Z30's within regulated industries that will spill over into the mainstream and lead to BB recapturing past glories and market-share... oh, wait... no, I can't see that happening at all. Ever!
    Right along with the Palm Treo.
    07-24-16 02:26 PM

Long Live BB10!
    Chen's keynotes over the next few years-denial_riverinegypt.jpg
    07-24-16 02:29 PM
    It is amazing that "Togarika"s positive BlackBerry speculation could elicit such ridicule on a forum called "CrackBerry ". Maybe he will be right and get to say " I told you so!". : )

BB, Still the One
    07-24-16 03:43 PM
    It is amazing that "Togarika"s positive BlackBerry speculation could elicit such ridicule on a forum called "CrackBerry ". Maybe he will be right and get to say " I told you so!". : )

BB, Still the One

Sad, ain't it...? :-D

If "realism" means "pessimism", then I don't wanna be a realist!

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    07-24-16 04:23 PM
    Sad, ain't it...? :-D

If "realism" means "pessimism", then I don't wanna be a realist!

Yup. A lot of people can't face reality.

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB likes this.
    07-24-16 07:05 PM
    Yup. A lot of people can't face reality.

Posted via CB10
    "That's not what she said..."

I don't want to be a pessimist! That's what I said...

(not necessarily in relation to BlackBerry) :-D

TgeekB likes this.
    07-24-16 11:56 PM
    Still, No.

His baseless speculation is a comforting bedtime story told to children to shield them from reality. It ignores what BB themselves have said and done in relation to BB10, ignores the dire state of the company, and ignores the facts on the ground such as their ongoing Android phone releases and failure to commit to *any* future for BB10 beyond security focused OS support.

In similar vein, I'm speculating that the Moon really *is* made out of cheese. Mostly Wensleydale, with isolated areas formed from Blue Stilton.

I'm waiting for the future to vindicate *my* speculation. I'm pretty sure my cheese theory will be confirmed long before BB10 phones make a comeback.
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    07-25-16 03:01 AM
    Still, No.
    I'm speculating that the Moon really *is* made out of cheese.
    According to quantum physics, all possible futures exist for BB10 but the moon has been already observed to not be made of cheese so it is fixed that it is not. I think even BlackBerry does not know the future of BB10 fully.

BB, Still the One
    07-25-16 04:53 AM
    By reading CrackBerry of courses... spend some time reading here and you'll start believing the Bold 9900 is the best phone on the market today, that they PlayBook still gets the job done and that BB10 will be rocking the foundations of the tech world for years to come.

And if you dare to doubt any of that you just don't belong here. (which many of us don't anymore)
    JeepBB and StephanieMaks like this.
    07-25-16 08:07 AM
    "That's not what she said..."

I don't want to be a pessimist! That's what I said...

(not necessarily in relation to BlackBerry) :-D

I dislike pessimistic myself. I think of pessimism as always seeng the worst in things, even if evidence shows it's not so. A certain presidential candidate is using pessimism to scare people into voting for him. The sky is not falling and the world is not ending.

We all have seen what has happened to Blackberry. The handset outlook is bleak, not because of pessimism but because of facts. The software side though has a good chance of success. Of course, all we mere mortals can do is sit back and see what happens. Getting too serious about all this is not healthy.
    07-25-16 04:13 PM
    I like to keep up to date on the future of BB, so I endure Chen's keynotes. He might be the man to lead the company, but a bit of training in public speaking would go a long way.
    07-25-16 04:54 PM
    No. He needs no training. He is perfect for the job he was hired to do. He executes it flawlessly until there is nothing left.
    07-25-16 10:30 PM

Long Live BB10!
    And Bernie will be the next US president.
    07-26-16 06:36 AM