Yes, but in this case, the correct usage is "I couldn't care less".
    It's an idiom... it doesn't have to be correct. Lot's of phrases in the English language do not make sense, and have been accepted as the norm.

It's what make English very difficult for others to learn..
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    01-09-17 10:08 AM
    It's an idiom... it doesn't have to be correct. Lot's of phrases in the English language do not make sense, and have been accepted as the norm.

It's what make English very difficult for others to learn..
    It's still cringe-worthy to me even though it seems to be an acceptable slang for the original idiom. Anyway, back to the topic... lol

Chen is great!
    01-09-17 10:14 AM
    You are correct. I was too quick. I need a PKB to slow me down.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    01-09-17 12:02 PM
    If he's so bad, why wouldn't the board have already fired him?
    Because they would have to pay him off bigly

Android BlackBerry
    You mean like they did with Thorsten Heins, who DID push for keeping BlackBerry as a smartphone hardware provider?

Incidentally, Chen has been the BlackBerry CEO for over 3 years. Heins was pushed out as the BB CEO in less than 2 years.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    01-19-17 03:10 PM
    If he's so bad, why wouldn't the board have already fired him?
    When chen took over BBRY was $6.60 on the US NASDAQ... and today is is hovering just above (and often below) $7. That is hardly 6%...going on 4 years... when the overall NASDAQ is up many times that percentage over the same perhaps.

NOT a good record by ANY measure!
    What was Thorsten Heins' record, or Lazaridis'/Balsillie's record the last 1-2 years they were the co-CEOs?

Chen's record by comparison IS good.
    01-19-17 03:23 PM
    johnny's record?

After almost 6 years BB stock is almost back to where he started (7.19 today vs 6.6 then).

Good by comparison?

Not a chance!
    John Albert likes this.
    07-15-19 10:12 PM
    johnny's record?

After almost 6 years BB stock is almost back to where he started (7.19 today vs 6.6 then).

Good by comparison?

Not a chance!
    The alternative was $0.00.

The fact that he could even get back to where they were after shedding the multi-billion dollar losses of BB10 and the massive supplier commitments is a monumental feat in itself.

In the meantime, management's outlook calls for 23% to 27% growth this fiscal year, with the street consensus at 25%.
    Last edited by conite; 07-15-19 at 11:27 PM.
    app_Developer likes this.
    07-15-19 10:22 PM
    johnny's record?

Good by comparison?

Not a chance!
    There are plenty of companies with zero earnings or huge losses that have great stock performance and ridiculous market capitalization. There are many companies like BlackBerry with the same rebuilding and stock price issues.

Chen is rebuilding the company through smart acquisitions. Prem and institutional shareholders are cooperating with Chen on the long-term business plan. Those shareholders don't want Chen replaced.
    07-16-19 06:22 AM

Chen is rebuilding the company through smart acquisitions.
    johnny has destroyed BB through arrogance... and now deceit. He's been cooking the books for some time now.

The world is catching on to his "non-standard" accounting practices.

BB stock now lower than when he took over years ago.

Defeat has now truly been stolen from the jaws of victory... even for his fantasy software fetish of a company.
    John Albert likes this.
    09-26-19 07:30 PM
    johnny has destroyed BB through arrogance... and now deceit. He's been cooking the books for some time now.

The world is catching on to his "non-standard" accounting practices.

BB stock now lower than when he took over years ago.

Defeat has now truly been stolen from the jaws of victory... even for his fantasy software fetish of a company.
    What has Chen done other than everything Fairfax, Prem and the institutional shareholders have expected him to do? He successfully exited mobile hardware including BB10 and all it’s epic failures.

The company that Chen was handed was such a huge pile of poo that nobody wanted to buy the company. At time of hiring, BlackBerry had gone from Canadian jewel to Canadian joke.

The best part is everything he’s done has been completely legal. If you’re going to discuss gaap and non-gaap accounting or cooking the books, it’s best to actually understand those actual terms. If you can provide any links to actual violations or regulatory investigations, that’d be awesome. Press release BS from private legal firms and short position holders don’t count as factual actual investigations.
    TgeekB and Troy Tiscareno like this.
    09-26-19 07:44 PM

The jaws of victory? Lol. BlackBerry had a few months left of solvency when Chen was hired to exit hardware.

Chen/Prem announced, back in 2013, that they had a 50/50 chance of rescuing the company. Six years later, we're still here to talk about it.
    TgeekB and app_Developer like this.
    09-26-19 08:13 PM
    6 years later... after paying johnny untold millions... and wasting almost billions more... and defeat is had.
    John Albert and elfabio80 like this.
    09-26-19 08:42 PM
    6 years later... after paying johnny untold millions... and wasting almost billions more... and defeat is had.
    The wasted billions happened before Chen was hired. He was brought in to stop the bleeding and try to save the company. He had a reputation as a turn-around guru and it looks like he's delivered. The company still exists, and is profitable.
    09-26-19 08:48 PM
    Well, I'm sure you would have charged much less for your services.

What was your grand plan at saving BlackBerry back in 2013 when they had about 3 or 4 months left before insolvency?

And how would you have forced that plan on Prem - who hired you and owns you?
    09-26-19 08:52 PM
    At least he's been keeping the company alive long enough for all of us to have something to comment, speculate, complain, gripe and celebrate. Money drives a company, not popularity, glory or status.

People have been screaming "nail in the coffin" story for years now and BlackBerry is still here. You all need to learn more about business.
    Unless a person is a shareholder, why should a CB poster care?

They do not make phones, they do not design phones, they do not have their own OS. We have no dealings with BlackBerry.
    Last edited by Bbnivende; 09-27-19 at 12:49 AM.
    09-26-19 10:49 PM

What was your grand plan at saving BlackBerry back in 2013 when they had about 3 or 4 months left before insolvency?

Same as I stated way back then... and it would have had a much better chance of success.

Tell people about BB10
    Tell people about the Z30
    Tell people about the Passport

Chen had such amazing opportunities... but his arrogant attitudes and thinking he was a software genius squandered any remaining opportunity.

Otherwise should have just closed shop back then.

johnny is NOT a software guru... and there was never a long term chance there. His past "successes" in software were just luck.
    09-27-19 02:23 AM

You already know the answer... "blah blah blah triple down on bb10 because people don't know what's good for them but I, Random Internet Person, can show them the way."
    09-27-19 05:03 AM
    Same as I stated way back then... and it would have had a much better chance of success.

Tell people about BB10
    Tell people about the Z30
    Tell people about the Passport

Chen had such amazing opportunities... but his arrogant attitudes and thinking he was a software genius squandered any remaining opportunity.

Otherwise should have just closed shop back then.

johnny is NOT a software guru... and there was never a long term chance there. His past "successes" in software were just luck.
    You were hired to dump hardware - Prem and the BoD already made that decision.

The hardware ship had already sailed when they put the company up for sale.

By extending Chen's contract, the BoD showed they were happy with his execution of the strategy they hired him to implement.
    Last edited by conite; 09-27-19 at 08:04 AM.
    09-27-19 06:19 AM
    I still think Chen is a bad seed and that he was a plant that the U.S. government and Apple colluded together on in a plot to undermine and destroy the once iconic Canadian brand. They knew that without some action to destroy the competition, BlackBerry would have one day risen up, crushed and made cider out of Apple, shaking the American economy to its very core. Their evil covert actions bore fruit and now we have no pie.
    09-27-19 06:45 AM
    I still think Chen is a bad seed and that he was a plant that the U.S. government and Apple colluded together on in a plot to undermine and destroy the once iconic Canadian brand. They knew that without some action to destroy the competition, BlackBerry would have one day risen up, crushed and made cider out of Apple, shaking the American economy to its very core. Their evil covert actions bore fruit and now we have no pie.
    Are you a novelist or just a conspiracy theorist? Why do people get so upset about random companies they have no financial interest in?

Remember that this is a tech forum not the Flat Earth Society.
    09-27-19 07:32 AM
    While keeping the eye on Apple, Google snuck in to BlackBerry and well...

Bwhahaha
    09-27-19 07:39 AM
    Why do people get so upset about random companies they have no financial interest in?
    Well said. I tip my tinfoil hat to you.
    09-27-19 07:50 AM
    and now we have no pie.
    Yup, my KEY2 is still on Oreo.
    09-27-19 08:17 AM
73 123