I know you're reading this...

You look overworked, tired and stressed in your recent interviews - please take care of your health!

Posted via BBM Premium
    04-29-15 10:01 AM
    I know you're reading this...
    You look overworked, tired and stressed in your recent interviews - please take care of your health!
    This is very kind of you to say. Has to be one of the toughest gigs on the planet right now.
    04-29-15 10:25 AM
    Ugh. I agree. I hope its not because BlackBerry is in a big hole. But rather just that a turnaround is stressful. Cant imagine how bad it was when steve jobs went back with apple

Posted via CB10
    04-29-15 10:31 AM
    Yes he did look quite exhausted!

Removed the rest of my comment...I accept that I could be very wrong, my apologies.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by BerryRipe; 04-30-15 at 07:58 PM.
    04-29-15 10:38 AM
    I'm fine and u?

Posted via my BlackBerry � Passport on OS 10.3.1.2726 SR 10.3.1.1877
    04-29-15 10:40 AM
    Yes he did look quite exhausted! It almost appears as his plan for BlackBerry isn't going as well as expected.

I blame the media/carriers for that (mostly American), actually if we were getting to the nitty gritty I also blame the Government as I believe they want to control all citizens of the World.

*go ahead and make a tin foil hat comment...just to get a few thumbs up/hearts to your response.

Posted via CB10
    Ah back to these arguments again. I guess the Chen honeymoon period is over and everyone will start blaming everyone but BlackBerry for BlackBerry's problems.

It is possible that his plans aren't going as expected because they weren't sound. Tell your Bb10 base your not valued, don't make a device for them to upgrade to, focus on devices most people won't buy, don't have the resources in either money or manpower to make rapid changes needed to compete. But no a global conspiracy is much more feasible because if Chen can turn around a database company then he can definitely has the tools and the talent to turn around a smartphone company because they are basically the same thing.

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    RH1Pearl, TgeekB, mikeo007 and 4 others like this.
    04-29-15 07:59 PM
    Yes he did look quite exhausted! It almost appears as his plan for BlackBerry isn't going as well as expected.

I blame the media/carriers for that (mostly American), actually if we were getting to the nitty gritty I also blame the Government as I believe they want to control all citizens of the World.

*go ahead and make a tin foil hat comment...just to get a few thumbs up/hearts to your response.

Posted via CB10
    None of us would do that as the government has warned us all about you and how volatile you are. You are safe with us.

PS: please do not look out your back window until we give you the "all clear."
    04-29-15 09:01 PM
    I have noticed the same thing as the OP. I personally think this is a personal or family issue he is dealing with or he is just burned out.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-15 09:22 PM
    He has a tough job, I wish him the best and good health.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-15 11:00 PM
    He looked so happy and fresh coming into the job. Not so much any more. Feel bad for him

Posted via BBM Premium
    04-30-15 12:45 AM
    I know he has a lot of fight in him but he needs to take care of his health too. I wish him good luck in a long and prosperous journey.
    04-30-15 04:24 AM
    Yeah, poor guy. He's being paid millions to run a company to which whatever happens he will make even more millions. I weep for him.
    Witmen, mikeo007, heepman and 12 others like this.
    04-30-15 06:44 AM
    I am not nearly as worried about Chen's health as I am concerned about the mental health of all of us posting on CrackBerry...
    04-30-15 07:47 AM
    Yeah, poor guy. He's being paid millions to run a company to which whatever happens he will make even more millions. I weep for him.
    Health is wealth

Posted via BBM Premium
    04-30-15 06:28 PM
    And they held a gun to his head and forced him to do it.

Be classically hip with the BlackBerry Classic
    04-30-15 06:33 PM

Posted via CB10
    I am curious why you would blame the carriers and media in the U.S. for something that was self inflected?

Folks are quick to forget that Americans bought Blackberries by the millions back in the day and made the companies founders and execs rich!!

Then came complacency, lack of vision to what the consumer asked for, so what would you expect the media and carriers to do??
    04-30-15 07:01 PM
    I am curious why you would blame the carriers and media in the U.S. for something that was self inflected?

Folks are quick to forget that Americans bought Blackberries by the millions back in the day and made the companies founders and execs rich!!

Then came complacency, lack of vision to what the consumer asked for, so what would you expect the media and carriers to do??
    Easy. BlackBerry can do no wrong for a true fan. It is all politics and conspiracy so they said.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-15 07:15 PM
    Well I guess you guys are all right! I stand corrected again! LoL

I edited my comment up top...my apologies for going off!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by BerryRipe; 04-30-15 at 08:03 PM.
    04-30-15 07:37 PM
    Forget about Chen. Are the Z30 users waiting for a full touch update okay.
    04-30-15 07:53 PM
    To throw in my two cents. I listen to technology podcasts on a regular basis and I am surprised at how supposed people in the know for tech still think that BlackBerry hasn't done anything in the last few years.

Case in point on This Week In Tech last week (episode 507), 3 pundits briefly discussed BlackBerry by saying that Android apps run poorly on BB10, that the new phones are poorly designed and the Passport is so big that is it laughable to think that anyone would possibly buy one.

The Passport is big but what about the larger Android phones that sell so well and no one bats an eye at? Android apps run fine on my BB10 phone and I use quite a few on them. BlackBerry recently won a design award for the Passport.

It's frustrating to listen to these so called experts when it is so clear that they have not picked up a BlackBerry phone and given it a fair shake in a number of years.

That would frustrate and exhaust me if I were running BlackBerry .

Posted via CB10
    04-30-15 08:02 PM
    I noticed that as well. I commented he looked bashful, as in very uncomfortable trying to answer questions. Didn't think it could be stress.

When he stated BlackBerry as a whole won't be making money consistently until about a year from now, that was a bit of a bombshell. He's revived the patient. It's out of the OR but is still in the hospital.

Chen is a puppet of BlackBerry's board of directors, which has traditionally been conservative. Perhaps they're clashing on strategy moving forward.
    05-01-15 04:13 AM
    I think it's just that we are just familiar with the high energy Chen who's got a great sense of humor. As a business owner I love the ups and downs and struggles.. if I'm upset and depressed it's usually something personal..

Posted via CB10
    05-01-15 05:16 AM
    Forget about Chen. Are the Z30 users waiting for a full touch update okay.
    Have you no heart!?

Posted via BBM Premium
    05-02-15 12:02 AM
    Just like others before him the honeymoon is now over and he will be blamed soon
    donnation and Q10Bold like this.
    05-02-15 05:53 AM
    No, the other way around. I'm rooting for Z30 users to get an update. It's about time they get rewarded for their loyalty. he Leap was bummer news as it should've been the Z50. I don't care as much about Chen as his options are way up since he joined the firm. Time to reward his loyal users that helped support BB sales when he started.
    Q10Bold and vanrickman like this.
    05-02-15 06:48 AM
49 12