Nothing has come out since the little early build of 10.3 thing. Sure Chen has told us about things coming this year but that's really for enterprise customers. He wanted them to wait and see b4 upgrading. I kinda like it like this. It means there's more to look forward to unlike apple and the iPhone (it's the same phone every year). So long leaked OS's, photos, and old BlackBerry!

Posted via CB10
    04-29-14 10:31 AM
    I'm missing getting some good stuff thru leaks. I hope Chen will lighten up as the carriers here take forever to release any updates.
    Jrox74 likes this.
    04-29-14 10:52 AM
    Well I miss the leaks as well, specially the new OS Updates and the upcoming devices, but if it helps BlackBerry, I more than understand it.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 and paulo_mealha like this.
    04-29-14 10:58 AM
    Nothing has come out since the little early build of 10.3 thing. Sure Chen has told us about things coming this year but that's really for enterprise customers. He wanted them to wait and see b4 upgrading. I kinda like it like this. It means there's more to look forward to unlike apple and the iPhone (it's the same phone every year). So long leaked OS's, photos, and old BlackBerry!

Posted via CB10
    Perhaps there's nothing to leak right now.

#believeinfilm
    04-29-14 11:20 AM
    Perhaps there's nothing to leak right now.
    So we went form getting a leak every two weeks (or more often) to maybe once a month...

We know there are higher 10.2.2 and 10.3 builds in production. But when Chen gives a warning and there are only so many people with access to a particular build. It becomes very hard to be anonymous. And it's not like a leaker gets any kind of financial reward for taking a risk that would cost him his job and mostly likely brand him as a security risk at other software developers.

Think BlackBerry is going to get a build right and they are going to release it to everyone - some carriers will test it a day or so, and maybe their employess will leak something.... the US carriers are going to pass on the next build anyway, so why bother.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    04-29-14 11:44 AM
    And perhaps the ones who were releasing the leaks were let go. Personally I don't care for the leaks for 2 reasons. It helps show your competitors what you are working on before you can bring it to market and second, the leaks maybe half baked or not available for all handsets and we all know where that goes. Thread upon thread of BlackBerry bashing on Crackberry let alone the BlackBerry hate sites.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-14 11:52 AM
    We need a secret. We need to surprise people. If the play book was done right and all apps could be but on bb10 phones and bb10 was a complete secret I think it would have done slightly better. BlackBerry has loose lips and they let info go either to soon or wayyyy to soon lol. This might give BlackBerry a chance to play that trap card face down. while everybody made fun of bb10 being all gesture, now you got apple and android wanting to go gestures.

Posted via CB10
    Stewartj1 and GRojasHruska like this.
    04-29-14 12:05 PM
    I think it's time we let BlackBerry surprise us rather than let us watch their move... and if we do watch their move, so does their competitors.

But I gotta admit, the latest 2947 build is really really Stable now.

Z30 | Z30STA100-2/10.2.1.2947 | Globe PH
    04-29-14 12:08 PM
    Leaks worked previously because the OS still wasn't mature.

I'm happy with 10.2.1 to a point where I could wait for the next update without leaks.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-14 12:13 PM
    What we need is an official BlackBerry 10 beta program so we can sign up for unreleased builds, try them out and feedback.

Posted via CB10 on Z30 STA100-2 /10.2.1.2141 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.1
    04-29-14 12:21 PM
    What we need is an official BlackBerry 10 beta program so we can sign up for unreleased builds, try them out and feedback.

Posted via CB10 on Z30 STA100-2 /10.2.1.2141 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.1
    I absolutely agree and have written this several times over the last few years.
    04-29-14 12:31 PM
    We need a secret. We need to surprise people. If the play book was done right and all apps could be but on bb10 phones and bb10 was a complete secret I think it would have done slightly better. BlackBerry has loose lips and they let info go either to soon or wayyyy to soon lol. This might give BlackBerry a chance to play that trap card face down. while everybody made fun of bb10 being all gesture, now you got apple and android wanting to go gestures.

Posted via CB10
    Loose lips is not the same and not performing.

IF the PlayBook was done right - IF all Apps could be on BB10.... R & D kept that such a secret, nobody else at BlackBerry knew about it, and apparently these people were in the first group that got fired.

As for gestures... seems like Palm did those pretty well.

We have to hope there is a REASON that CHEN has come down hard on LEAKS, other than it is normal operating procedure.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    04-29-14 01:21 PM
    I'm sure they have some really cool things in the works. That's why they are so secretive.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-14 01:40 PM
    Leaks were fun and exciting to have but it's not deal if we don't get it anymore, provided the OS updates are continuous and at frequent intervals.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-14 01:43 PM
    Just wait until may

Posted via CB10
    04-29-14 01:44 PM
    I wonder how long the Z10, Q10, Q5, Z3, and Z30 will be getting updates. I'd say until 10.4. That's when all phones need to he octo-core, 1080p and have 12 hour batteries. Along with other goodies.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-14 02:10 PM
    I wonder how long the Z10, Q10, Q5, Z3, and Z30 will be getting updates. I'd say until 10.4. That's when all phones need to he octo-core, 1080p and have 12 hour batteries. Along with other goodies.

Posted via CB10
    One reason we need LEAKS or at the very least unofficial releases from another carrier. Who knows when my Carrier Verizon, might determine my Z10 is EOL and no longer in the line to receive updates. 6 months, 12 months or maybe the one they just released is the last one they plan to test.

What I do know is that without a LEAK (not sure if it was a leak or another carriers), I was very close to returning my Z1 for random rebooting. Had already talked to Verizon and got bumped up to BlackBerry...

Verizon called me back and said that if I wanted I was within the 30 days they would let me return it for another device.
    04-29-14 02:49 PM
    I don't care about non-released leaks as much as the ability to load any other carrier's latest OS onto my devices (through Sachesi)... because I'm at the mercy of Verizon.

Posted via CB10
    BlackQtCoder likes this.
    04-29-14 02:57 PM

Posted via CB10
    Assuming 10.4 comes out in 12 months, that would be brutal if the existing phones were no longer supported. Why bother buying a Z30 now if it only comes with 12 more months worth of updates?
    04-29-14 03:49 PM
    10.2.1 is good enough but i see that they are testing the water and it will grow from there. It is dependent on who is in charge and i hope john overseeing everything because of his background period

? Slicing using my ?
    04-29-14 06:09 PM

Posted via CB10
    He laid-off the development team to ensure the leaks ceased. Clever strategy.

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Q5
    Doggerz likes this.
    04-29-14 07:46 PM

Where do you get this balogna?

Posted via CB10
    04-29-14 07:54 PM
    Personally, I don't want to "see the sausage being made".

YMMV

"Dogs bark but the caravan moves on."
    Playbook007 likes this.
    04-29-14 08:06 PM
    Chen is a tyrant. Show me some leaks that fix the contacts app. Show me phone number blacklisting. Do something to keep people from losing hope. Chen. Stop me from getting a Galaxy because I'm tired of you firing all the people who could have made this OS competitive by now.

You may have your fans goose stepping and defending your fourth Reich but not me man.

Z30 / STA100-5 / 10.2.1.2234 / T-Mobile USA
    04-30-14 03:37 AM

Hehe yeah he sure showed us! BlackBerry wasn't dying fast enough so he saw the iceberg coming and made sure he hit that thing at full speed. He can't wait to nail the coffin shut on BlackBerry so he can take his money and get out of Canada.

Z30 / STA100-5 / 10.2.1.2234 / T-Mobile USA
    tjseaman likes this.
    04-30-14 03:39 AM
46 12