ah so it's conditional.
    Yeah, wasn't that my entire point?
    07-31-15 09:00 AM
    @&$" runs down hill. You pick up a pile of mess and you claim stake to it. You than are held accountable. Chen has held his position long enough that he is now held accountable to his user base. He is a master of saying nothing. "We are working on something " isn't cutting it any longer. Time to step up and deliver.

When a leader of a nation steps in with a term of 4-5 years he/she is expected to shift the tide of a nation. Chen has been in for 21 months now. He is expected to start delivering results and have something to show for it.

Sent via Passport!
    donnation likes this.
    07-31-15 10:25 AM
    Yeah, wasn't that my entire point?
    you didn't make that clear, just a bunch of implications.
    07-31-15 12:16 PM
    you didn't make that clear, just a bunch of implications.
    I see. What were the implications that I made?
    07-31-15 12:44 PM
    @&$" runs down hill. You pick up a pile of mess and you claim stake to it. You than are held accountable. Chen has held his position long enough that he is now held accountable to his user base. He is a master of saying nothing. "We are working on something " isn't cutting it any longer. Time to step up and deliver.

When a leader of a nation steps in with a term of 4-5 years he/she is expected to shift the tide of a nation. Chen has been in for 21 months now. He is expected to start delivering results and have something to show for it.

Sent via Passport!
    Chen has delivered from a shareholder's perspective. He's delivered or Prem would have already fired him. They're in M&A growth mode on the software part of the company. If not for Prem and Chen saving the company from bankruptcy, there would be no hardware to complain about. They'd be in the phone graveyard just like Palm after they were caught and eaten by HE. Then when HP was done gutting and eating the Palm carcass, they crapped out the remains. Have you seen a Palm lately? At least he's giving lip service to hardware. Chen has also told everyone directly and indirectly not to expect a consumer driven marketing campaign with flagship devices. If you don't he cares about your loyalty, then why hang around like a kid who's been dumped at prom. Pickup a different girl, hit it and make sure that your old girl knows about it when she's looking for a ride and you're long gone.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-15 01:28 PM
    Chen has delivered from a shareholder's perspective. He's delivered or Prem would have already fired him. They're in M&A growth mode on the software part of the company. If not for Prem and Chen saving the company from bankruptcy, there would be no hardware to complain about. They'd be in the phone graveyard just like Palm after they were caught and eaten by HE. Then when HP was done gutting and eating the Palm carcass, they crapped out the remains. Have you seen a Palm lately? At least he's giving lip service to hardware. Chen has also told everyone directly and indirectly not to expect a consumer driven marketing campaign with flagship devices. If you don't think he cares about your loyalty, then why hang around like a kid who's been dumped at prom. Pickup a different girl, hit it and make sure that your old girl knows about it when she's looking for a ride and you're long gone.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    07-31-15 01:28 PM
    Posted via CB10
    *think he cares.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-15 01:29 PM
    ah so it's conditional.
    Uh yeah, wasn't that my whole point? If they don't succeed in the handset business and quit making them I don't really care if they are successful in software or not. I think I've been pretty clear on that.
    07-31-15 02:47 PM
    If he gives false confidence, then he's just lying. If he says he doesn't know what the future of BB10 is, then he wounds BB10 even further. I can't see how either choice is smart.

What hardware did Sybase sell? What experience does Chen have in device sales, or consumer electronics or any type of hardware development, marketing, or sales?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Experience doesn't matter as long as you understand how things work or have a clear vision how it should work.
    07-31-15 02:50 PM
159 ... 567