At least you should've...... ;-)

 Q5 / Z30
    04-27-15 12:07 PM
    Something brewing for Blackberry: BBRY CEO

38 Mins Ago
    anon(8908445) likes this.
    04-27-15 12:14 PM
    Blackberry Chairman & CEO, John Chen, discusses why consumers should switch to Blackberry and what to expect from the company.

It's all about putting a consistent message out there.
    04-27-15 12:17 PM

38 Mins Ago
    Something brewing? Something has been brewing since 2011. Any new information?

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 01:04 PM
    Something brewing? Something has been brewing since 2011. Any new information?
    This is the fresh(est) brew...... :-)

 Q5 / Z30
    04-27-15 01:09 PM
    He said new interesting devices, and new types of apps can't discuss what we are doing beyond the amazon app store (meaning they could be trying to fix the app gap a little bit more. ) hmm interesting

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 01:13 PM
    Must be working on Google's app store,wild guess,lol
    one good thing is he wants to increase market share,so handsets are not threatened for the moment
    anon(8908445) likes this.
    04-27-15 01:14 PM
    Applications have been our Achilles' heel.... we're doing two things about it.
    I'm not at liberty to tell you what I'm doing beyond the Amazon apps but we're working hard at it...something is brewing...yeah, I'm working on it.
    That's an interesting set of statements. Whatever it is, it must involve better access to Android apps. What are the possibilities?
    04-27-15 01:18 PM
    set your expectations low, that way when its enterprise related you wont be disappointed.
    04-27-15 01:28 PM
    Definitely something is been cooked out there..

I hope there is a serious way to address consumers coming soon

Simply 
    04-27-15 01:29 PM
    04-27-15 01:43 PM
    Guess we will see "soon"

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 01:54 PM
    For us in the consumer market... Do not hold your breath.....
    04-27-15 02:06 PM
    I really like John Chen but that was his worst interview ever in my opinion. The CNBC guy was trying to get Mr. Chen to sell the product but Chen's response was rather bland in the marketing sector.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 02:11 PM
    A Blackberry/Google phone.

Via my Z30 on the Telus network
    04-27-15 02:16 PM
    I really like John Chen but that was his worst interview ever in my opinion. The CNBC guy was trying to get Mr. Chen to sell the product but Chen's response was rather bland in the marketing sector.

Posted via CB10
    Chen is a not consumer market type of CEO. You'd never hear Steve Jobs say he doesn't know how to make a phone sexy, lol.

This quote peaked my interests though:

We focus a lot on security, privacy, productivity, your battery lasts forever, and the keyboard and all that stuff. It�s really about creating the next cool phones. There is opportunity to regain the momentum there. Applications have been one of our Achilles Heels last two years. We are doing things about it, we are working hard at it.
    This does not seem like a statement one would make if they were only talking about the Enterprise. I'll continue to use my Z30 and take a wait and see approach.
    04-27-15 02:23 PM
    Interesting I didn't know Mr. Chen is on the board of Disney too.
    Alvin Loh likes this.
    04-27-15 02:35 PM
    That's an interesting set of statements. Whatever it is, it must involve better access to Android apps. What are the possibilities?
    Here's hoping for an iOS emulator instead. Then, we'll have both Android and iOS apps we can choose from. Not very likely to happen at all, but that iOS emulator guy from way back when disappeared so suddenly that you just can't help with the tin foil hat stuff. Anyway, will have to wait and see what announcements come our way. I'll have to go look at the link now.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    04-27-15 03:11 PM
    Not his greatest interview but midway he made a strong statement "I think there's a new generation of apps coming...you don't want to just kind of play the old game, you want to get a head". These are words of an innovator and a sign of a CEO that welcome changes.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 03:15 PM
    When he says:

I'm not at liberty to tell you what I'm doing beyond the Amazon apps but we're working hard at it...something is brewing...yeah, I'm working on it.
    I would not interpret this at all to mean Google Play Store is coming. "Beyond Amazon" discounts Google Play right there. If BlackBerry wants Google Play they need to join the OHA and create a pure Android phone. In order to do this they would need to strip out the run time from BB10 or drop BB10 altogether making Amazon useless. Hence there would be no "beyond amazon". It would be "in place of amazon".

All I can think is Chen is once again chasing consumer devs and is willing to pay them to put Android ports directly in BB world and assume ALL support costs.

Here is a question for the Android devs reading this. If BlackBerry offered you this kind of deal, would you take it despite the <1% market share? Is it at all worth it to you?
    04-27-15 03:18 PM
    Chen is becoming more and more of an embarrassment. All over the board...

Posted via CB10
    Chen is not paid to be charismatic, funny and charming. He is paid to make good decisions and thus make the company money. For the most part I find his interviews quite good. With that said, I haven't had a chance to watch this yet.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    04-27-15 03:22 PM
    The Bloomberg interview was awful, the CNBC one was okay. Seriously though, the Bloomberg guy attacked him right out of the gate and wouldn't let him skate by with vague answers. He asked for numbers and didn't really deflect well. It was crappy because you could tell he host wanted him to slip up and say something juicy to save face but Jc kind of just blew him off... I think Jc did the right thing but his deflections make him look dumb sometimes because it seems like he doesn't know the numbers or isn't really confident. He just repeats the same things even when it's not relevant. I was hoping for him to really sell the products or at least explain why the hardware is the important part even though he admitted it is still not profitable. He ended on well I think I can make it profitable which just makes people think he could be another Heinz
    04-27-15 03:27 PM
    Chen is a not consumer market type of CEO. You'd never hear Steve Jobs say he doesn't know how to make a phone sexy, lol.

This quote peaked my interests though:

This does not seem like a statement one would make if they were only talking about the Enterprise. I'll continue to use my Z30 and take a wait and see approach.
    I have to agree on you with this one. We have to think about that slider, these comments and see what might he have for us in the consumer side. I'm not saying it's going to be soon, because looking at Chen he is a long term kind of guy. And he surprises us at times.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 03:47 PM
    Here's hoping for an iOS emulator instead. .
    That would be a death sentence as Apple would sue Blackberry into oblivion
    04-27-15 04:19 PM
99 123 ...