I think BlackBerry is starting to get it in the US. It's rebuilding time. Chen seems to be spending his efforts educating "gatekeepers", government and enterprise leaders, on the benefits of bb10 as the only real choice for security and productivity. Warfare is often fought behind the lines. It's not time to go on a marketing blitz(consumers, and by extension, government and business, are still blindly enamored with apple, partly do to incredible marketing). I like what I'm seeing. Finally, strategy that makes sense. That super bowl commercial epitomized how out of touch the previous management was.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-14 10:16 PM
    We'll see. He has a lot more personality than the previous folks. Seems more approachable.

He also definitely has the kind of experience that is needed.

Still could fail though by his own honest admission. 50/50. Which is like saying "have no idea yet ". Heh.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.2141
    03-10-14 01:38 AM
    We'll see. He has a lot more personality than the previous folks. Seems more approachable.
    Heins had a clumsy sweetness, I think.

Chen seems to have the presence of an iron mountain. Reminds me of the old Chinese proverb:

"Be as the mountain on which the tiger roams. Be as the ocean where-in the dragon dwells."

Hard and soft.
    03-10-14 06:18 AM
    While I agree, he is still shiny and new. Most people here said the same and Thor and then cast him out like rotten fruit when BB10 was struggling.
    03-10-14 07:06 AM
    While I agree, he is still shiny and new. Most people here said the same and Thor and then cast him out like rotten fruit when BB10 was struggling.
    Very valid point. I personally don't think too badly on Thorsten, but he didn't seem to have the aggressive action nature that Chen has displayed so far, plus, Chen seems to have far more a tech background. Like you say though, he is new, and he's got a serious uphill grind ahead of him. A little faith can't hurt I suppose
    tack likes this.
    03-10-14 07:48 AM
    I think BlackBerry is starting to get it in the US. It's rebuilding time. Chen seems to be spending his efforts educating "gatekeepers", government and enterprise leaders, on the benefits of bb10 as the only real choice for security and productivity. Warfare is often fought behind the lines. It's not time to go on a marketing blitz(consumers, and by extension, government and business, are still blindly enamored with apple, partly do to incredible marketing). I like what I'm seeing. Finally, strategy that makes sense. That super bowl commercial epitomized how out of touch the previous management was.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, U.S. consumers are so "enamored" with Apple that it holds a 42% marketshare, less than BBRY at it's U.S. zenith.
    03-10-14 08:00 AM
    I love how he called iPhone users "wall huggers".

Posted via CB10
    03-10-14 09:02 AM
    Yes, U.S. consumers are so "enamored" with Apple that it holds a 42% marketshare, less than BBRY at it's U.S. zenith.
    Blindly enamored, which wrongly categorizes them as stupid.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    03-10-14 09:26 AM
    I say blindly enamored because many iphone users can't tell me what they like about the phone. Only that it's cool and new. If I had more money than brains, I'd buy the "latest and greatest" iPhone. It's as thoughthey let others decide what they buy. Blind consumerism.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-14 10:11 AM
    Can anyone name even one major us company that has upgraded to bes10 or blackberry 10? So far it has mostly been European and south American companies. A lot of work to be done in the us

Posted via CB10
    03-10-14 11:46 AM