Is there a way to check your BlackBerry account emails online in the event you have no cell service on your BB ?
    10-18-08 02:55 PM
    I don't believe that is possible. I've not seen a reference to a webmail client anywhere.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-18-08 03:41 PM
    Best you can to is setup on BIS to BCC a copy to another Email address you have.. then you can check it anywhere.
    10-18-08 03:53 PM
    above last reply is best option

10-18-08 05:20 PM
    Hay I had this issue before, basically what i have set up is my email is always forwarded to a seperate personal email acccount i jsut use on the web its not attached to my blackbberry i couldnt handle getiting two of the same email all the time, but when i cant get to my bb mail i jsut access the other and its right there
    10-18-08 06:05 PM
    You could do that method, or just alway use another account instead of the BB address. Just a thought.

10-18-08 06:08 PM
    It would be great if we could do that. I hope
    That's something that they work on
    In the future.

10-19-08 01:53 AM
    Is there a way to check your BlackBerry account emails online in the event you have no cell service on your BB ?
    There is no way to use a PC to access the BIS server mailbox <[email protected]> - it doesn't have a server for POP3 or IMAP, or a webmail interface.

I work around this constraint by not publishing the front line mailboxes - not to anyone. All my mail goes to <[email protected]> which automatically forwards again to my BB mailbox and leaves a copy in my published mailbox.

I like this scheme because it means I can delete mail from my BB to release storage if necessary, and still have a copy back on my server. The secondary benefit is that the primary BB mailbox is unpublished and less likely to be found by spammers so I don't get all the garbage. My domain addresses are protected by spamassassin and filters under my control, but it is very difficult (impossible?) to get a cellular provider to change filters or change a mailbox name if it gets direct spam.

In fact reading this I go one step further. The real working chain is:

Published: [email protected]. This retains a copy and auto-forwards to
    Unpublished: [email protected]

mailbox2 is on an IMAP server which is automatically picked up by the BIS service. Mail is usually on my BB within a few minutes.

I don't even use the mailbox provided on the BIS server, although it is there if I need it.
    10-19-08 04:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD