Is it safe to go to my bank's website to check my balance. I know that online banking using phones is pretty iffy but looking? Just wondering, thanks, di
    01-20-08 02:27 PM
    I Bank with Wachovia and Bank of America. Both Banks support mobile Banking on trusted/secure sites.
    01-20-08 02:47 PM
    How do I find out if my bank supports mobile banking? thanks, di
    01-20-08 02:53 PM
    Go to your banks website. The website will mention mobile banking and possible recommendations for the type of browser(s) required for the site- if an update is required.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-20-08 05:12 PM
    Good question, I work in the Security Department for Commerce Bank dealing with Fraud and Identity Theft.

Although Commerce doesn't use Mobile Banking, it is still possible for users to access Online Banking through their BB. This is where it becomes dangerous.

If you use a program from the bank specifically designed for Mobile Banking, you can be sure that it uses a Secured Connection, so your information is safe.

However, if you're using just your BB Browser to look on your Online Banking Account, you have no idea how many times i've seen user names and passwords compromised. Once you are on the site, it is secure, the only problem is logging on.

Simply put, if your bank offers Mobile Banking, use it. If you have to go on BB Browser and go to their Online Site, unless you're sure no one can intercept information, don't do it.

01-21-08 06:58 PM
    also try opera mini i think it has an ecryption on the v4 maybe some one can conferm
    01-22-08 07:29 AM
    looks like First National Bank is a no go.... for mobile,
    01-22-08 09:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD