The account from Canadian journalist Maurice Cacho (@mcacho) is documenting John Chen's Q&A regarding BlackBerry

These particularly stood out for me

Check this Twitter account for John Chen news now-img_20140107_130713.png

Check the account now. Still adding morre stuff

Posted via CB10
    01-07-14 11:14 AM
    Cool, that's a nice, summarized insight into some of Chen's plans.
    01-07-14 11:20 AM
    "@mcacho: For the next 18 months BB10 development will only focus on enterprise.-Chen"

Well that's direct..

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by eldricho; 01-07-14 at 12:13 PM.
    01-07-14 11:23 AM
    "@mcacho: For the next 18 months BB10 development will only focus on enterprise.-Chen"

Well that's direct..

Posted via CB10
    The Z30, BlackBerry's last consumer device for quite awhile. Hope I can find a deal on one before they are gone.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-14 01:26 PM
    Sucks for those of us who are not enterprise customers, ie. me.

Posted via CB10
    LibertyPhone and 00stryder like this.
    01-07-14 08:18 PM
    Plus, every single person I know with a BlackBerry phone (including many BlackBerry 10 smartphones) are not enterprise customers.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-14 08:19 PM
    Any specifics on what in enterprise they need further development?

Given BB7 and the markets he mentioned, I wouldn't be surprised if they were going to work on BIS again for BB10 for low end phone.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-14 08:25 PM
    I don't think that is the case. There is a replacement for the z30 from what I hear. Could be wrong though.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-14 09:22 PM
    Well I remember Alec tweeting that BIS isn't really needed anymore and that is 12 year old tech that served it's purpose at the time couple of days/weeks back, but hey you never know. Maybe they'll reconsider

Posted via CB10
    01-07-14 09:38 PM
    Only two devices in 2014? That's almost like closing the hardware unit.
    01-07-14 09:48 PM
    I think your reading into that too hard. I think what Chen means is you can expect another device after this one, and that he doesn't exactly know how many they will actually release. It depends how well the first and the second do.
    01-07-14 09:59 PM
    I anticipate Jakarta and a high end at least, maybe a high end QWERTY and touch.
    01-07-14 10:02 PM
    This was talked about before, it's going to be jakarta and another high end device that's going to be the result of more enterprise focus.

The high end device can be bought by a consumer if said individual can afford it
    , I don't see a problem with that.

CLICK HERE To Join My Music & Poetry Channel. Please&Thanks.
    01-07-14 10:12 PM
    Only two devices in 2014? That's almost like closing the hardware unit.
    Apple releases 1 smartphone per year. They recently upped it to 2 per year. They mist be going bankrupt......

Posted via CB10
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    01-07-14 10:21 PM
    Plus, every single person I know with a BlackBerry phone (including many BlackBerry 10 smartphones) are not enterprise customers.

Posted via CB10
    Sucks for me too. Also BGR (yes I know the credibility us suspect) is reporting any new phones will predominantly be for corporate users with physical keyboards. If that's the case, then when this zed10 of mine is ready to be changed out, if there's no high quality BlackBerry touch screen phone, they'll have lost a customer. As much as I love BlackBerry, it's not enough to be squinting at a tiny screen and fumbling with an antiquated keyboard.

Visit Geek Lite
    01-07-14 10:45 PM
    Sucks for me too. Also BGR (yes I know the credibility us suspect) is reporting any new phones will predominantly be for corporate users with physical keyboards. If that's the case, then when this zed10 of mine is ready to be changed out, if there's no high quality BlackBerry touch screen phone, they'll have lost a customer. As much as I love BlackBerry, it's not enough to be squinting at a tiny screen and fumbling with an antiquated keyboard.

Visit Geek Lite
    I agree. I am only interested in full touch screen phones. If this turns out to be true, I'll have to go back to the dreaded Apple... But I'll use this Z10 until it dies.

It sucks because I find the Z10 to be the perfect size for me. I really like the Z30, but I don't want a phone that large - I've played with one many times. I would love to see an updated Z10.

I understand that it's difficult to make so many phones to appeal to every user though.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-14 10:52 PM
    So are these tweets/quotes from an interview this gentleman had with Chen?

Posted via CB10
    01-07-14 11:00 PM
    Last time I checked Indonesians are a consumer market, not enterprise.

So they're not "only" focusing on enterprise. Just more focus given to it.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-14 11:26 PM
    BlackBerry says the first device jarkata would sport a full touch screen. But probably the second half of the year.. they will release high end phone(s) for business users with physical keyboards.
    I read the article somewhere but can't find the link. Type BlackBerry on google search and look at the news.

Maybe it would be something like BlackBerry Torch?

Posted via CB10
    01-08-14 03:00 AM
    This was talked about before, it's going to be jakarta and another high end device that's going to be the result of more enterprise focus.

The high end device can be bought by a consumer if said individual can afford it
    , I don't see a problem with that.

CLICK HERE To Join My Music & Poetry Channel. Please&Thanks.
    Exactly this.
    Can someone please point out if there has ever been an enterprise device that you can't buy in shops?

Posted via CB10
    01-08-14 03:06 AM