I currently own an iphone and love it..BUT i need my bbm contacts and blackberry email back.. what is the cheapest way i can own a blackberry... just data... should i get a phone from kijiji and then just get wind mobile or koodo? Please help much appreciated.
    02-25-12 08:35 AM
    As I know the only plans that allow data only are on prepaid. Check with prepaid providers.
    02-25-12 08:47 AM
    i went into wind and they have that option, so then could i buy a phone off kijij and just hook it up to the carrier.... does it have to be unlocked or cdma.. ?
    02-25-12 08:49 AM
    In UK it's only �5 a month for 500mb of bis data. Cheap as chips
    02-25-12 08:53 AM
    try out fido if you can. i know someone who has an "unlimited social networking plan" includes bbm, bis email, facebook and twitter. no browsing, no phone, for like 10 a month, you should check that out.
    02-25-12 08:57 AM
    i dont want to pay for the phone at the carrier though... can i buy it off craigs or kijij and hook it up after?
    02-25-12 09:20 AM
    I'm sure they can't refuse you service. You will have to buy their sim card.
    02-25-12 09:30 AM
    Are you open to idea of getting a bb and then switch sims between the two? Of course you will only get the bb emails, etc while sim is in the bb but depending what I feel like, I switch between my iphone and bb. However, there are some specific tweaks to do on the iphone so that data works on bb data plan.

This will save you money using one plan.
    02-25-12 09:50 AM
    Are you open to idea of getting a bb and then switch sims between the two? Of course you will only get the bb emails, etc while sim is in the bb but depending what I feel like, I switch between my iphone and bb. However, there are some specific tweaks to do on the iphone so that data works on bb data plan.

This will save you money using one plan.
    a bis data plan will work on an iphone but not vice versa. if you need to switch the sims between phones, you will need a bis data plan otherwise only the iphone will recieve data.
    02-25-12 11:13 AM
    i dont want to pay for the phone at the carrier though... can i buy it off craigs or kijij and hook it up after?
    buy an unlocked phone off kijiji, or get one thats locked to your carrier, or unlock it yourself.
    im with rogers, i bought an unlocked 9800 off kijiji, called rogers and they took my imei number and pushed all thier services to it (my account, 1 number, etc.) it should be the same across carriers.
    make sure if you get an unlocked phone that it will work on the same cell frequency as your carrier.
    BE CAREFUL! i cannot stress this enough, sometimes you will get a phone that is capable of HSPA+ but will only run on a 3G network because of carrier limitations, check before what models your carrier will support.

Edit: i see that as per your posts you are with rogers, you should have no problem using an unlocked phone on their network so long as the frequencies match, make sure you get a bis data plan, only downside of having an unlocked phone on thier network is they will advise that they cannot provide any tech support....but then again thats why you have CB!
    Last edited by erodenero; 02-25-12 at 11:28 AM.
    02-25-12 11:14 AM
    in uk i pay �15 and i got unlimited o2 to o2 texts n calls
    and unlimited BIS (bbm/internet)
    02-25-12 06:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD