Is it true that talking on the phone (or using data) while the phone is plugged in and charging actually reduces the battery life?

I do this often, and have noticed that my battery on my Cruve 3G is barely making it through to dinner time... The battery is the standard OEM battery and I've only used it for 4 months.
    08-24-11 10:54 AM
    No. My phone charges just fine when I talk, text and stream radio while plugged in.

Just be careful when talking when its plugged in. It can make the battery port loose.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-11 11:32 AM
    Watch the phone charger connection, the micro-usb end, and ensure it is not loose at your handset when moving the cable whilst talking. Easy to tell, wiggle the usb phone connector and watch for the lightning bolt to disappear from the battery indicator graphic (or for your charge screen to appear and disappear and reappear). For whatever reason some connectors work better than others which seems lame... my $.02... Hope that helps you.
    08-24-11 11:40 AM
    Thank guys.

And yes, I'm always mindful of the micro-usb connection and make sure that it's always connected snugly and keep the usb cable straight to prevent it getting snagged.

I guess the reason for my poor battery life is that I've dropped my phone a few times and possibly have a damaged battery cell.

Any thoughts?
    08-24-11 11:46 AM
    I guess the reason for my poor battery life is that I've dropped my phone a few times and possibly have a damaged battery cell.

Any thoughts?
    Maybe. If your phone switches from 1XEV to 1X or 1x a lot, that'll drain the battery. My Sprint 8530 constantly switched between 1X and 1x and it killed my battery when I was at home.

Apps in the background, Wifi usage and the backlight being on can drain it also.
    08-24-11 02:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD