Every cell phone I have ever owned,(and I have owned over 30), has had some kind of ping, or bell or something to notifiy when a charger has been plugged in to it, and another ping, or ding or something (noise) of some kind to inform you/me when it was done charging. Without sounding too stupid here can someone tell me if blackberry has omitted this function from their phones, or if I just havnt found out how to activate it, if it is in fact present in my/our blackberries.

I have no idea how long you can leave your/my charger hooked up to the phone, nor how long it takes to fully charge the phone, and I dont want to ruin this jewel, which I honestly think is the last cell phone I will ever own. I am hooked on this thing.

JIm
    10-13-08 08:12 PM
    as far as i know, there is no way using audio that the blackberry will notify you that it is done charging, but you dont have to worry that it will overcharge your battery if you have it plugged in, the charger will not continue to deliver power to the device.
    10-13-08 08:15 PM
    There's no audible charging alert. Most themes have a charging icon that changes in some way when charging is complete. As jemelanthony wrote, there's no danger of overcharging your device. You also don't have to worry about charging it too frequently. The LiIon battery doesn't have the memory effect of earlier battery technologies, so you don't have to let it run all the way down before you recharge it. In fact, it's better not to fully discharge it, since that can shorten the battery life.
    10-13-08 09:08 PM
    I guess because of all the things the blackberry is capable of I figured that it would have this feature to indicate when the battery was fully charged.
    10-15-08 09:42 AM
    The icon does change visibly to indicate the unint is charged, it just doesn't make a sound.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-15-08 10:24 AM
    For instance, a lightning bolt appears next to my battery icon when it is charging and disappears when it is done.

10-15-08 11:05 AM
    I guess because of all the things the blackberry is capable of I figured that it would have this feature to indicate when the battery was fully charged.
    That's actually one of my favorite things about BB's. No unnecessary bells and whistles. My wifes phone chimes when opened, turned on, turned off, plugged up, unplugged. You touch the damned thing and it's got something to say. I can't stand it!
    10-15-08 11:13 AM
    Totally agree with you on this one pltaylor.

10-15-08 11:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD