Hi,

I just purchased a re-furbished BLACKBERRY 8700 "UNLOCKED". When I plug it in for charging, I don't see anything happening. the battery symbol has actually drained. There was a small message saying "insert sim card". I did insert a sim card from an T Mobile cell phone, and the charging situation didn't change & the phone didn't show the data from the T mobile phone at all.

1. any ideas on the charging situation?
    2. Does the sim card impact the charging?
    3. Does the sim card have to be adjusted in some way so that it will work within the blackberry?

many thanks,
    05-17-09 09:08 AM
    I tried with a car charger & that doesn't work as well?
    05-17-09 09:46 AM
    When you plug in the charger it should show and electric plug or a lightning bolt. If not then its one of two things. One your charger is bad or two your usb port on your device is bad. If you have the usb cable try hooking it up the your pc and see if desktop manager picks up your pin. If not its probably the usb port.
    The sim card has nothing to do with charging the device at all. You dont have to do anything to your sim get it to work in that device. You do however need a blackberry data plan to use the internet,email and messenger features. If you can not get the device to charge I suggest contacting the seller and getting a replacement.
    05-17-09 09:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD