Tried to do a search but nothing came up so though I'd make a post here.

I have one of those AC universal travel adaptor with usb ports and I've been trying to charge my Bold 9000 using a mini-usb cable connected to the usb port. But the problem is that my BB just doesn't charge. I'm wondering what the problem is and has anyone ever had success using these universal adaptors or is it impossible as the BB is using some proprietary usb wiring?
    12-06-09 12:41 PM
    Is it a powered hub? or does it take only PC current? Usually hubs dont worry very well. I use an iGo travel adapter that charges 3 devices at the same time without issue. It is a 15watt (they no longer sell it) CLA
    Last edited by Sith_Apprentice; 12-06-09 at 12:45 PM.
    12-06-09 12:42 PM
    It plugs directly into an AC socket and comes with USB ports. Not sure about other devices but I'm able to charge my PSP and DS with no problems.
    12-06-09 01:13 PM
    Does your device charge from USB normally?
    12-06-09 01:14 PM
    Yes, it does.
    12-06-09 01:54 PM
    I had one of these as a universal car charger and it worked for awhile, then one day it stopped charging. It would charge my wife's Moto Razer (which also utilizes USB). I had to buy a recommended car charger for my BB. It befuddles me as well since USB power is always the same. The only thing I can think of that might be the culprit is a slight variation of amperage.
    Hmmm.....
    12-06-09 08:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD