Is it possible to charge my BB with the USB data sync cord/Desktop Manager? I have it plugged in now and the little plug symbol is next to the battery icon like it is when I charge it with the wall charger... but does that mean it's charging or just indicating that it's connected to my computer? I lost my wall charger so I need an alternate way to charge my BB until the new one arrives. Thanks.
    08-06-09 11:52 AM
    Yes it will charge but it will take longer.
    08-06-09 11:54 AM
    yea it will charge it, but i never noticed a difference of it taking longer with the USB.
    08-06-09 12:04 PM
    Yeah, it certainly takes longer with USB as opposed to the travel charger (wall charger).
    08-06-09 12:10 PM
    Like already mentioned it will charge, but take a bit more time.
    08-06-09 12:13 PM
    Just FYI some USB cables don't carry the power wire, so you can't use them to charge your BB. Make sure to test any cable before you get in a situation where you are depending on a USB source to charge your 'Berry (ask me how I know this).
    08-06-09 01:49 PM
    Why does it take longer? I just found that out recently since I lost my outlet charger so I had to resort to USB charging. Computer doesn't have enough power? If you turn off your BB does it really charge fast off than on but on screen saver?
    08-06-09 02:52 PM
    the USB outlet on your computer doesn't provide the same amperage(wattage? voltage?) POWER! that the plug in the wall provides. so the energy flow is slower.
    08-06-09 02:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD