Okay so once I heard a myth that its better for your battery (maybe the device too?) to let the battery get used up, or at least most of it, and then charge it full. versus charging it when its like at 50% or something. Is that true? And on the same note, is it bad if you charge your phone often vs like once a day or something. Like if i use a phone all day and then charge it at night vs. charging it at noon when its at like 80% then later than day when it gets down to 70%, etc. Thanks.
    09-13-09 05:45 PM
    I was reading today about batteries. They recommend charging whenever possible, draining all the way doesn't do it any good.
    On the other hand, they say to charge and run down completely a few times. My seidio battery came with instructions to drain completely a couple times.
    But after that, I think charging when possible is alright.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-13-09 06:15 PM
    Okay so once I heard a myth that its better for your battery (maybe the device too?) to let the battery get used up, or at least most of it, and then charge it full. versus charging it when its like at 50% or something. Is that true? And on the same note, is it bad if you charge your phone often vs like once a day or something. Like if i use a phone all day and then charge it at night vs. charging it at noon when its at like 80% then later than day when it gets down to 70%, etc. Thanks.
    With the Blackberry battery it is actually best to top off the charge, instead of allow the battery to drain completely and then recharge it then. I generally charge mine when I am at home or just hanging around. When I get in the car I place it on the car charger, and I have never had a battery problem in the 2 years I have done it this way.
    09-13-09 06:18 PM
    i charge mine randomly, Charges at night while i sleep then depending how much i use it during the day will cause the battery to be at different spots the next day. Ive still been able to get the same battery life out of it since i got (sometimes it doesnt get charged for 2 days)
    09-13-09 06:25 PM
    Okay cool, thanks for the replies. Also I'm assuming it doesn't matter if its still plugged in after its fully charged right?
    09-13-09 06:40 PM
    Okay cool, thanks for the replies. Also I'm assuming it doesn't matter if its still plugged in after its fully charged right?
    nope not at all, i plug mine in about two hours later its done the charging icon will turn off but it will stay plugged in for another 6 -8 hours .
    09-13-09 06:53 PM
    Expanded title ....

.... remember to ....(from our Forum Posting Rules)......

Use a Descriptive Title

This rule is simple; help us to help you. When you create your thread / post, think of it as if 'someone else' is reading it. With that in mind, make your subject lines related to the content of your post. Having a subject line of 'help' or 'now what', will not really help others later when they do a search for a particular issue. So, try to be a little more creative. Example: “My Pearl will not show myFaves icons” or “How do I use BB Maps on my 8100”
    09-13-09 07:01 PM
    My problem with charging my phone is that after a year or so, my USB port starts to wear out and starts to not function well. I thought about getting a dock to just set it in, but I want to keep a case on it, and you can't do both.

So how do I get around that problem? Is there a specific way I could be handling my phone while it's plugged in that could be affecting this?
    09-14-09 02:22 AM
    My problem with charging my phone is that after a year or so, my USB port starts to wear out and starts to not function well. I thought about getting a dock to just set it in, but I want to keep a case on it, and you can't do both.

So how do I get around that problem? Is there a specific way I could be handling my phone while it's plugged in that could be affecting this?
    Yeah when I read about the USB could be a thing that might break easy I got a craddle to charge my phone (even though phone is kept in a hard case)Its not that bad to unsnap the case as it use to be so I can charge it in craddle charger.
    I decided that I would rather replace my hard case then have to repair my USB port just in case something happen(of course it might never be an issue). I just wanted to play it safe just in case (I already have a spare trackball even though I dont need to replace it yet also)I think as long as your careful though you probably will be ok with using the USB port.

PS would be nice it there was a design to use a craddle wthout having to remove phone from hard case though
    Last edited by DavidNC; 09-14-09 at 06:28 AM.
    09-14-09 06:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD