Do you charge your Bold/BlackBerry daily although the battery is not completely empty?
    I charge mine every night and when I plug it in it still has 35 percent. - is this bad for the battery?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-08 02:09 PM
    I equally charge mine every night and have found no adverse effects of doing so.

11-03-08 02:14 PM
    about every other day for me (Pearl). From what I've read, you shouldn't allow Lithium Ion batteries to run all the way down, so doing what you're (and I'm) doing should be just fine.
    11-03-08 02:17 PM
    Old rechargeable technology would require a full drain, to avoid a trickle charge. What would happen is that it would eventually create a resistance to charge (can't remember but most likely through capacitance), kinda like setting a new limit of charge capacity.

Is not the case with these new lithium batteries. It will eventually stop taking charge, but you're looking at 3-5 years down the line. at which point you just replace it. They don't last forever.
    11-04-08 09:18 AM
    Bottom line: don't let it completely drain and don't worry about overcharging.

11-04-08 09:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD