Can I charge my bold with a Motorola charger or would affect the batteries performance?

Merci

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-20-09 06:09 PM
    Won't affect the perormance. It's the same usb end.
    02-20-09 06:10 PM
    Ok thank you. I thought it might since bold consumes more electricity and the motorola is a basic one...

02-20-09 06:13 PM
    Uhh, you might wanna check that and make sure your mah rating is the same.

There are recorded instances of battery life problems caused by charging with a different rated charger.

02-20-09 06:15 PM
    Uhh, you might wanna check that and make sure your mah rating is the same.

There are recorded instances of battery life problems caused by charging with a different rated charger.

Hmm never really experienced that. I used to charge my ex-Curve with an older motorola charger and seemed to be fine.
    02-20-09 06:17 PM
    I've heard that the moto charger has a lower power rating compared to a rim charger. It doesn't hurt the berry but can fry the charger. Again just what I heard when I was looking up the same info. I personally didn't want to risk it as a new bold is at least $400 while a charger can be had for $10 or less

02-20-09 06:18 PM
    This is kind of interesting... Asurion shipped a moto charger with my replacement curve. I was scared to use it, so I sent it back with the damaged phone and kept the OEM charger.
    02-20-09 10:17 PM
    Check to make sure voltage output is the same on both chargers. More output on voltage could wear out your battery faster sometimes because battery is not used to receiving more than OEM charger

02-20-09 10:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD