so my new curve 8330 is refusing to hold the charge, i have to wiggle the charger in, im currently using a razr mini usb charger does anyone know if thats whats causing it to not charge?
    07-09-08 05:31 AM
    It may be, but it is more likely the connection is bad. Have you tried charging it with a USB to a pc to see if it will charge that way?
    07-09-08 05:35 AM
    I have noticed that the razr charger doesnt charge the newer bb's. I used the razr charger for my 8700c and it worked fine. Try getting the standard bb charger and see if that works before you start talking about a bad device. I hope this helps.
    07-09-08 05:58 AM
    I sometimes use a Razr charger at work and I have no problems with it. Could be a bad battery.
    07-09-08 06:09 AM
    I had to send back 2 curves and finally found out (the rep told me) that it was because the ATT store had sold me a generic car charger that could be used for bb and motorola. This is NOT GOOD. he said it could and would ruin your charge port. He said they do anot carry the same power and it damages the ports. Also, check your prongs. If they are not straight across that may be the issue as to why you have to wiggle to get it in.
    07-09-08 09:16 AM
    so my new curve 8330 is refusing to hold the charge, i have to wiggle the charger in, im currently using a razr mini usb charger does anyone know if thats whats causing it to not charge?
    Is it not holding a charge or just not charging? Do you see the charging icon or does does the green light flash while the berry is off but plugged in?

I tried using a 3rd party car charger that kept on disconnecting at the berry end all the time. Had to wiggle or plug it in again numerous times for it to work only to come back 1/2 hour later and find it wasn't charging at all.

Not fun watching your battery drain while vacation and there's nothing you can do.

Bought the blackberry travel pack with car/home/usb chargers/cable and now all is well in Berryville again.
    07-09-08 09:34 AM
    Don't know bout the motorola phone chargers but my old T-Mobile charger works perfectly, and my motorola BT charger works perfectly too (knock on wood)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-09-08 11:48 AM
    The technical specs on both chargers are almost identical; input 100-240V for both, output 5V 550mA for the motorola and 5V 700mA for the BB charger. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think the mA difference affects only how fast the unit is charged, so both should work eqaully well. Having said that, I'm a bit paranoid and will probably stick with the BB charger if possible.
    07-09-08 12:45 PM
    I would definitely just go with the standard BB charger to always be on the safe side. Didn't you get one when you purchased your berry?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-09-08 01:02 PM
    The technical specs on both chargers are almost identical; input 100-240V for both, output 5V 550mA for the motorola and 5V 700mA for the BB charger. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think the mA difference affects only how fast the unit is charged, so both should work eqaully well. Having said that, I'm a bit paranoid and will probably stick with the BB charger if possible.
    What is funny though is the fact that the BB Charger will only work with the bb and not with all other phones! Plus I tried using a motorola charger and it did not charge very fast, compared to the oem charger! I even tried to use a motorola car charger and it did not even charge my phone but an oem *rim* car charger works perfectly! I say stick with the oem and you should be fine!

Charlie
    07-09-08 04:05 PM
    That's why I stick with a BB charger. My Hubby has a Razor and I won't use his charger. I've heard that the Motorola chargers aren't much good for BB's.
    07-09-08 09:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD