Maybe I'm behind the times but last time I checked we on 02 BIS in the UK got charged when we used OperaMini. I would really appreciate it if any1 had an update on APN settings to use it like the BB Browser - ie free.

This has become more important to me recently after reading here that now OperaMini can download straight to the Memmory Card. Any help appreciated.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-06-08 03:44 PM
    What were you charged for? Data usage? I believe that Opera and the BB browser both use data, so if you go over your data plan you would be charged for using either.
    08-06-08 03:50 PM
    Hi Timberdc; nothing to do with going over or any where near limit. Opera only can be used(to my knowledge) via an apn set to their Mobileweb, which is like PAYG.

08-06-08 03:54 PM
    Hi Timberdc; nothing to do with going over or any where near limit. Opera only can be used(to my knowledge) via an apn set to their Mobileweb, which is like PAYG.

Ahhh, so can you use the same settings as what you use for the BB browser, or does that cause a conflict?
    08-06-08 04:01 PM
    Without an APN - BBbrowser is perfect.
    Without an APN - MiniOpera doesn't work.

I think the APN doesn't affect BB Browser usage, at least in the UK on 02. So to answer ide say there isn't a conflict so far as APN is concerned. I'm guessing we need a new APN but no1 has ever told me if it exists :'(

08-06-08 04:09 PM
    Hi

Opera now runs on BIS. Remove the APN and download it again, the new version.

I find it very slow on BIS though so I tried o2 wap and it is still slow, but at least it is not chargeable.
    08-06-08 04:17 PM
    Brilliant! I'll give it a go. Thx Hazy.

08-06-08 04:22 PM
    No problem

Maybe delete Opera and then download it again. Make sure it is the new version.

Let me know how it works for you.

BTW - it will not run from the memory card.
    Last edited by Hazysky; 08-06-08 at 04:27 PM.
    08-06-08 04:23 PM
    Hi Hazy, I did as you said and was amazed to see it running!! Excelent, really grateful. Gonna try downloading a few things now

God Bless You.

08-06-08 05:06 PM
    The main thing is its working now However when I try to download I get Error: Tunnell Timed Out. Mb on BIS it doesn't like d/l? Hazy can u d/l on BIS using Opera?

08-06-08 05:09 PM
    Glad you got it working. I have never tried downloading on Opera, toggle with the settings maybe.

I do all my downloads via the BB browser.
    08-06-08 05:13 PM
    Its really fast and I'm glad that finally we won't be getting charged. However it does seem that via Bis downloads are not working. I tried various filetypes from various sites and always that Tunnel error.

Settings only have Socket or http and neither seems to work O well.

08-06-08 05:29 PM
    It is not fast for me if I click on links too quickly it just crashes so I do not use it much at all.
    08-06-08 05:31 PM
    08-06-08 05:33 PM
    Hazy - does bis using bbb have a download lmit? Anything of any size gets a 'Request Entity Too Large' error. This was the reason I was exited about OM 4.1 since it allowed big downloads to media card whereas Bbb doesn't. Do you have problems with d/l's of any size hazy on the Bb Browser?

It seems from reading ken2mj's thread that the issue of OM not being able to download to the media card via BIS is either my fault, or they havnt ironed out that bug yet. I'm gonna post there and see.

08-06-08 05:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD