Guys & Gals, I currently have an 8900 and a friend who works for Tmobile as a sales rep has a brand new 9700 he's going to give me on the cheap. He says all I need to do is swap sim cards and I'll be good to go. This doesn't sound right to me. Will I need to call Tmoblie to register the phone and PIN to use the BB plan features? Or is there a way to do this without calling?

Any help is appreciated.
    12-11-09 10:02 AM
    Do a back up on the 8900 and when you get your 9700 just restore the file on it. You're good with all the current info you have on your 8900 (messages, bbms, contacts, profiles and even 3rd party apps).

After you have to go to the BIS website and change the device. With your new pin and IMEI you can do so and all you have to do is to send the service books to the new device. That;s it.
    12-11-09 10:13 AM
    Do a back up on the 8900 and when you get your 9700 just restore the file on it. You're good with all the current info you have on your 8900 (messages, bbms, contacts, profiles and even 3rd party apps).

After you have to go to the BIS website and change the device. With your new pin and IMEI you can do so and all you have to do is to send the service books to the new device. That;s it.
    Thanks. To send the service books I do that from the device itself after I've done the rest of those steps correct?
    12-11-09 10:24 AM
    No. You do that through your carriers web site. You can resend the host routing tables from your device which you should do.
    Options>advanced>host routing table>menu>register now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-11-09 12:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD