Hi guys,

I posted this question earlier in reply to another thread but I don't think anyone's looking at it as it's so old! Tried to post a link to it, but I can't because I'm a newbie.

I've posted here as I don't think it's a BB Torch specific thing.

Hi guys,

This is my first post so please be gentle with me...

My gf has a Torch (same as me) and she recently changed her hotmail password.

She is, however, still receiving emails from this account on her Blackberry (having not changed anything there).

Does she not have to change the settings on the Blackberry? I'm not sure how that can be working!

She's on o2 and all email setup was done via the Blackberry. We have never had to logon through the web to the BIS (as far as I know).

Thanks,
    Spencer
    06-03-11 04:19 PM
    You need to change passwords related to Email accts, through the Email Setting or Setup on the BB. If you do it through a PC your BB will not be able to access the acct unless you are logged into BIS. My solution was to delete the email account through the BB's Email Settings folder. Then recreate it there. Best of luck. usually when setting up new email accounts through the BB it will logon through your BIS account whether you realize it or not.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by albee 1; 06-03-11 at 10:21 PM.
    spencer_li likes this.
    06-03-11 08:40 PM
    Thanks for your reply.

It's not really a problem as everything's working. I'm just confused as to how!

The account on the BB has not been changed sinced it was created (with the old password).

Is the BIS account updated automatically?

Thanks for your help, still trying to get my head around how things work.

06-04-11 12:34 AM
    It is if you either do it through your berry or logon to the BIS through a Pc.

spencer_li likes this.
    06-04-11 12:49 PM
    Is the BIS account updated automatically?
    It is if you either do it through your berry or logon to the BIS through a Pc.
    That really confuses me now! Password was only changed on hotmail via the web.

Oh well, like I said - not a biggie. If things stop working, we'll delete the account and create a new one with the new password.

Thanks for your help.
    06-04-11 12:55 PM
    I can't access the options setting for getting rid of my Hotmail email account. I can't delete it either. I've changed the password on another PC about three times, but my hotmail messages keep appearing on my BB. Is this some sort of a company set security thing? I wouldn't think so, it must be from the hotmail end, but I've checked that it's not set to forwarding. Very strange and absolutely annoying.
    08-06-11 05:53 AM
    What happens (what do you see) when you go into email setup and try to delete your hotmail account from BIS? Also, I wonder if hotmail is set as your default email? Go in Options>Device>Advanced System Settings>Default Services and see if what's set there under "Messenging (CMIME)." If it's the hotmail account, change it to something else and then see if you can delete it in email setup.

08-06-11 07:00 AM
    I can't seem to get into the BIS.

The Default Services displays only Desktop under CMIME, no other options. There is no mention of Hotmail.

I can't get to the Option when I go through the Messages menu. I tried going to the Setup menu and see the Email Account is checked, but doesn't do anything or go to another menu when I click on it. Is this some sort of a company set firewall/restriction of sorts?

I don't get how if I changed my password on Hotmail on a nonsynched PC, it's still going through to my company BB?

Very confused.
    Last edited by twotoedgiraffe; 08-06-11 at 10:20 AM.
    08-06-11 10:17 AM
    Call your carrier, your bb won't recognize the new password unless you change it from your Email Settings folder or logon through BIS first. If you are on BES you may not have access to change those settings. You will have to ask your IT guys. Good luck

spencer_li likes this.
    08-06-11 12:07 PM
    I've never posted a reply before so I apologize about the format. I believe I have the answer to the original question. Last night I changed the password on my hotmail account on my pc. This morning my blackberry continued to receive new emails even though I had not changed/validated the password for that account on my bb. While holding for Verizon I found this thread & the verizon rep gave me the answer. My bb had kept me logged into the hotmail account so I continued to receive emails. Once I logged out of the account and tried to log back in it requested the new password.
    spencer_li likes this.
    11-27-11 10:55 AM
    Thank you for your reply Lynne - I thought this thread had died!

Once I logged out of the account and tried to log back in it requested the new password.
    Can you tell me what this means please? How do you log out of the account on the BlackBerry?
    11-27-11 11:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD