I wonder what would happen to employee's pension plans, gone with the wind?

Posted via CB10
    Pension is the employee's personal asset so it should have nothing to do with this change. For example if they are with a financial organization then every employee should have their personal account with that organization and their pension should be in that personal account.
    09-24-13 09:59 AM
    Everyone has failed at things, so to base a comment around the fact that Steve Jobs also failed is silly. People don't respect Jobs because they think he never failed; they respect him because he succeeded in spite of his failures. You really need to have a more nuanced way of looking at how people think to understand this.

At the same time, your explanation doesn't explain the "perfect" reference, since no one before you was claiming anyone was perfect. I know you're trying to defend TH, but at this point there are exactly two options: either TH was brought in specifically to guide the company to a sale, or it happened despite his best efforts. If it's the former, then he was hired basically as a stooge. If it's the latter, then he was simply not ready to be CEO of BBRY at the time he took the job. It's that simple.
    Which is also the point the point i'm driving at, I'll agree with the first paragraph. Let's leave as it is, because technically, I don't view him favourably. My best word to describe him, he's an over-glorified-vulture.. Or that's 3 words.

To the second paragraph, you're half right and half wrong that I'm defending TH. The part about him being completely a klutz and useless for supposedly malignantly, pre-meditated-ly intentionally firing as many as he can, that's the point i'm disputing. He laid a plan and he said he'll fire a lot. Even with the impending sale he kept firing, which was still in the plan he had for BBRY, and he's still executing it. That's why I keep saying he's got the balls to see his plan through, whether it succeeds or not. I'm personally agreeable that firing needs to be done. Downsizing / rightsizing it for a 'small' company, even despite it used to be a giant.

The half wrong part is that i'm not portraying him as a Mr Perfect nor am I implying he's free of faults. But to point that since he was in charge of Storm 2 and Storm (which to many was a failure, I still see it as a success for BBRY, since it was their first smartphone and I think they learnt a lot from the virtual keyboard implemented from the Storm 2 especially) and therefore equating him as a disaster for BB10, I feel that no logic can justify that.
    09-24-13 11:24 AM
    You mean that wild west Google Play fool of fake apps? God help you if you download the wrong one.

Posted via CB10
    Haha that's fair. After this weekend, I can't really defend the Play Store's app approval process. But, I will say, a little common sense goes a long way.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    09-24-13 12:18 PM
    I remember when everybody on this forum thought this guy was gonna do for BlackBerry what Jobs did for Apple. I still laugh at that.
    He was a breath of fresh air compared to his out of touch predecessors who were running Research in Motion into the ground. Problem is, nobody thought Thor would run BlackBerry into the ground.
    09-24-13 12:30 PM
    Problem is, nobody thought Thor would run BlackBerry into the ground.
    This image seems appropriate:
    Cha-Ching:  Heins will get his  million compensation-slim_pickens_does_the_right_thing_and_rides_the_bo_by_dmelges-d54375v.jpg
    BroncoVAL, the_sleuth and danprown like this.
    09-24-13 01:41 PM
    So? I don't see anybody being Mr. Perfect?

can you show me a Mr. Perfect?

Cha-Ching:  Heins will get his  million compensation-curthennig_bio.png

"In vino veritas, in aqua sanitas."
    danprown and badiyee like this.
    09-24-13 05:42 PM
    He was a breath of fresh air compared to his out of touch predecessors who were running Research in Motion into the ground. Problem is, nobody thought Thor would run BlackBerry into the ground.
    A lot of people here were very sceptical. They were tarred and feathered and then burnt at the stake as heretics. Then to finish them off, they were made to watch Blackberry's SuperBowl Ad for an hour. Poor things went mad.
    09-24-13 10:42 PM
    I remember when everybody on this forum thought this guy was gonna do for BlackBerry what Jobs did for Apple. I still laugh at that.
    Sadly, I believed in him.

I was wrong.
    09-25-13 05:48 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	curthennig_bio.png 
Views:	97 
Size:	72.8 KB 
ID:	205081

"In vino veritas, in aqua sanitas."
    hahaha! dang, i forgot this guy. He used to be in WWF (now called WWE) right?

Now, just to draw a parallel, at the very least Thorsten Hein's contract says "if he gets fired after the company gets sold", he'll get the 55million.

The parallel I'm drawing to? A certain "Trojan Horse" Elop.
    kevinnugent likes this.
    09-25-13 10:42 AM
59 123