Is anyone attending CES this week? If so, and if your interested in in-car multimedia receivers, then you might want to check out Kenwood's display. They announced four new in-car receivers that can connect to your phone via Bluetooth and mentioned Blackberry (and Android and IPhone) by name in their press release - good to see I think - and how these platforms can be integrated into the receiver.

It might be neat to hear from someone who has a blackberry phone on how this actually works along with their impressions. If your interested, you can read the press release here Kenwood announces four new in-car multimedia receivers: connects through Bluetooth to most smartphones

Perhaps the powers at be in Mobile Nations could look into this
    01-08-13 12:51 AM
    Shoot....I just bought a DNX9990 this summer. :/ Hope they update mine to that design.

Edit: I can connect my 9900 no problem and do everything, but this appears to be a better system overall. Bleh tech updated too often lol
    Last edited by donmateo; 01-08-13 at 04:52 PM.
    01-08-13 11:16 AM
    Good to know at least more main steam electronic companies are jumping in on this with BlackBerry integration. I hope this is one of the first sign of things to come for the BB platform. Examples of daily usage will be for alarm systems , various electronic device remotes etc where I find it frustrating only offered in iOs or Android.
    Darlaten likes this.
    01-08-13 11:58 AM
    The BT between my fairly new KIV-901BT and Blackberry works for voice fine, but doesn't support playing music via the BT. I know this is a limitation of the Kenwood unit, because the Kia Soul rental car I had a month ago worked great for music via the BT. Hoping they update the firmware in my current deck to support this.
    01-08-13 12:38 PM
    I stream from my BB to my Prius via BT all the time. I highly recommend getting a stock or after-market receiver that supports bluetooth audio.
    01-08-13 12:53 PM
    It can be an useful and know about something stream on a good and highly recommend.....
    01-09-13 03:54 AM
    I stream from my BB to my Prius via BT all the time. I highly recommend getting a stock or after-market receiver that supports bluetooth audio.
    Other devices are supported for streaming, but for some reason not BB on my unit, even though I know it works on other head units.
    01-09-13 10:35 AM