Sounds like the news agency is a first class graduate from the Apple, Google and Microsoft Media Disinformation Center for Performing Farts.
    Everyone knows it was an icloud breach. The propaganda media understands that any bad press will result in apple advertising sanctions. There is no room for true in the media.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-14 06:20 PM
    Can someone explain why anyone would take nude photos on their phone and then upload it to the cloud?

I fail to see the logic or common sense in that.

Posted via CB10
    some phones/OS have cloud backup enabled by default. you may even turn it on to backup some normal (uncompromising) photos and then forget to turn it off.
    3_M4N likes this.
    09-01-14 06:21 PM
    Can someone explain why anyone would take nude photos on their phone and then upload it to the cloud?

Posted via CB10
    That's irrelevant. The fact is icloud was hacked and people's personal pictures weather nude or not were taken. To try and spin it and blame the victim for putting nude pics is disgraceful. All my private pics are just that private be it nude or not.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-14 06:23 PM

Posted via CB10
    Probably because they are not aware they are syncing to cloud, and some of them for sure didn't know, or at least didn't know how cloud syncing works. One girl stated that pics are old and deleted. She didn't know that she needs to delete them from cloud storage. And she didnt know because there is no detailed setup process nor explanation how it works. When she erased pics there was no popup with question if she want to delete pic from server.
    notafanboy likes this.
    09-01-14 06:24 PM
    Probably because they are not aware they are syncing to cloud, and some of them for sure didn't know, or at least didn't know how cloud syncing works. One girl stated that pics are old and deleted. She didn't know that she needs to delete them from cloud storage. And she didnt know because there is no detailed setup process nor explanation how it works. When she erased pics there was no popup with question if she want to delete pic from server.
    Like OMG! I have like know idea how to delete anything. Like the nerdy guy at the Best Buy does all that computer stuff right? Oh My Goooooooddddddd!!!!!!! This is so unfair!
    Last edited by Heinz Katchup; 09-01-14 at 07:08 PM.
    09-01-14 06:37 PM
    Right, you don't take naked selfies and I honestly believe it. but, bare with me just a second...

If this leak is true, that means Apple will up the ante with security buffs that will rival eveything out there. That will force all other players to step up their game (BlackBerry included). At the very least, BlackBerry and Blackphone will gain some market share (and then Blackphone will be hacked and they will all move to BlackBerry).

Turn off Narrow vision, Sups.
    Bare with me?

(bear with me,... you just said no naked selfies... :-) )

Zzzzwiped from a Zedevice....
    09-01-14 07:04 PM
    And there are aliens at Groom Lake.
    Good. Now provide some evidence for it, such as a link. Like he did.
    notafanboy and ibpluto like this.
    09-01-14 07:06 PM

Posted via CB10
    There is no logic in that. Hence why I'm very skeptical at this point whether other cloud services besides icloud are involved.
    09-01-14 07:28 PM
    The problem is many people do not understand what the cloud is. The easiest way is to substitute "someone else's computer" whenever you see the word "cloud". Do not store anything of value or personal information on the cloud. Simple.
    09-01-14 07:42 PM
    I'm sorry to say but it is the victims fault for storing nude pics on the Internet. Nothing in the Net is safe. Hacking is real an if they just happen to fall prey to an attacker...oh well. They should have kept he them pics to themselves. And yes BlackBerry is better at security than iOS and especially Android. This has been proven on countless accounts. If you fail to accept this than maybe you can just stick to selling other devices at the store you work at. Several of us know exactly which one it is and one member even spoke directly to you. We were witness to your true thoughts of BlackBerry and blatant lies that came out of your mouth.

Why are you even on a BlackBerry site anyway?

Posted via CB10
    Not really the victims "fault" at all, but as you point out, they could have exercised more caution.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-14 08:29 PM
    That's irrelevant. The fact is icloud was hacked and people's personal pictures weather nude or not were taken. To try and spin it and blame the victim for putting nude pics is disgraceful. All my private pics are just that private be it nude or not.

Posted via CB10
    Actually it's quite relevant since the big issue is "nude photos" and a cloud services being hacked. Would it be a big deal if it was family vacation photos of the G rated kind of Jennifer Lawrence? Hardly.

Not passing blame in the victims at all. Re read my post. It's this logic I don't understand of "let me take nude selfies and upload to a third party service provider out of my hands and control". Why not just keep them on your phone's sd card or internal memory.

Once you put your nude pics or any data on the cloud it's not private anymore. It's private in the sense that no one but yourself and the company you store it with will see it.
    Internal engineers and techs at these companies have full access to your pics and data. Don't kid yourself thinking your data is safe in the cloud. Some bored tech or engineer randomly browses through accounts all the time.

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    09-01-14 08:30 PM
    I hesitate to call this logic because the process is so flawed. If Apple or an Apple employee made any type of claim that their iCloud is secure then the aggrieved celebs have a valid lawsuit.

There are only #3 lessons lessons to learn from this-

1) don't take naked pics, EVER!
    2) if you do, don't expect them to remain private, and
    3) when they're found do something productive, instead of going after the thief (which solves nothing) correct the situation that made it possible in the first place.
    moody, bakron1 and kellyjdrummer like this.
    09-01-14 08:49 PM

Chill out and argue the issue, not each other. It's pointless arguing over 'fanboyism' or 'fanaticism'. No one ever wins and everyone just ends up looking hateful, so knock it off and move on to the real issue. Cloud storage security is hooped, keep your nudies local and your stick on the ice lol.
    ibpluto, pkcable, moody and 3 others like this.
    09-01-14 08:53 PM
    Closed for review
    anon721037 and shaleem like this.
    09-01-14 08:57 PM
    Re-opened after a little cleanup. Bla1ze has spoken -- As he has written, so let it be done.
    anon721037 likes this.
    09-01-14 09:14 PM
    No, it wasn't just them, other cloud services where also involved. It's nos sage to say either that "the majority of the hacking was done to iCloud", it was across different cloud services vendors.

Posted using the fabulous 10.3.0.1052 on my Z10
    09-01-14 09:43 PM
    I'm no fan of Apple but refusing to use the iPad for the payment is a little much. The chances that these iPads have malware is highly unlikely.
    I would have done the same thing as Hypnoboy. I wouldn't trust an ipad that was just sitting there on the table and has been used by who knows how many people. No thanks. Pay by cash or hand a card to the server.
    09-01-14 09:43 PM
    Every time celebrity nudes leak I am disgusted at the invasion of privacy and at the links I click that lead to the story.

Posted Pantlessly via My Kick @ss Z30!!!
    09-01-14 09:50 PM
    No. It's the hackers fault.

Stop. Blaming. The. Victim.
    In these types of situations, you have to at least admit that the victim is 50% to blame for using online storage.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-14 09:50 PM
    Did anyone force the victim to take nude selfies? No.

REST OF QUOTE DELETED. Elessar.cm
    I definitely have to say that taking nude photos of yourself is a risk. If you get hacked you should take most of the blame.

I don't take nude photos so I'm not to worried.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    Last edited by Elessar.cm; 09-01-14 at 10:06 PM.
    09-01-14 09:51 PM
    In these types of situations, you have to at least admit that the victim is 50% to blame for using online storage.

Posted via CB10
    Not to mention taking the nude photos in the first place.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    3hb78ftg likes this.
    09-01-14 09:53 PM
    So if I walk at night and shortcut through a dark parking lot and get attacked, I'm less violated because I put myself in that position?

Maybe you have to be female to see it. They weren't raped, but they were violated. Their privacy was taken from them and they've been publicly humiliated and mocked.

Yeah. I'm calling them victims. If your house is broken into, you feel violated. This is no different.

Should they have been more careful? Sure. But what you just typed is frankly saying that because they took nude photos privately they have no right to feel like their privacy has been stolen and they aren't victims.

Thankfully law enforcement doesn't agree with you.
    They put themselves in a position for the pictures to get it out by taking them. If they weren't hacked, and someone had their phone an posted them somewhere, would they still be victims?

You say someone breaking into your house is the same, it absolutely is not. Your home is your property. It is a basic human right that you should feel safe in your own home. The pictures that were leaked were uploaded to iCloud, and thus given to a third party, it's like you leaving your door wide open, and putting a sign on the front lawn saying that no one is home, but please do not go in to the residence and take anything.

These celebrities put themselves in a position where they could be vulnerable, and that vulnerability was exploited. That's not a victim. Someone who is minding their own business walking down the street who gets jumped, that's a victim, his human rights are being violated
    habs_fan likes this.
    09-01-14 10:02 PM
    Since the off topic stuff and bickering haven't stopped, the thread is closed again.
    anon721037 likes this.
    09-01-14 10:03 PM
173 ... 567