With recent news of celebrity nude selfie being leaked we all wonder which platform is the most secure. We (BlackBerry community) has voiced our opinion saying that BlackBerry is the most secured.

Well Kim Kardashian's nude selfie has been leaked and she's using a BlackBerry and Gabrielle Union using an iphone. So can we still say that BlackBerry is the most secure? Unless of course Kim leaked the photo herself because we all know she craves attention to the max.

What do you all think?

Posted via CB10
    09-21-14 04:22 AM
    I think this thread will be deleted like the last one was.
    09-21-14 04:34 AM
    Why so?

Posted via CB10
    09-21-14 04:37 AM
    I highly doubt her picture was taken from her phone. She sent it to someone and they sent to their friend and so on...
    09-21-14 05:20 AM
    Probably Kim sent it to Kanye. And it was leaked from Kanye's

~Omar Via CB10 on Z10STL100-2/10.3.0.1154
    09-21-14 05:22 AM
    Probably Kim sent it to Kanye. And it was leaked from Kanye's

~Omar Via CB10 on Z10STL100-2/10.3.0.1154
    Exactly, every system is only as secure as the weakest point.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    09-21-14 05:47 AM
    I highly doubt her picture was taken from her phone. She sent it to someone and they sent to their friend and so on...
    The "hacker" pretty much only targets women. Doubt Kanye was touched.

Also, I don't think Kim Kardashian leaked the photos herself even if she is an attention *****. She doesn't need nude pics for attention, anymore. On the flip side of the coin, I don't think she'd care much either since we've already seen her nude.

As for which platform is the safest? I think it's irrelevant. As Kim Kardashian has showed us, either even Blackberry can be compromised or smartphones are such a small part of your digital life that your choice of phone can't really protect you.
    09-21-14 05:48 AM
    Except for one the weakness was PROVED to be with iCloud , with this one people are Assuming that because she took the picture with a BlackBerry, that's where the picture was taken from.. it's more likely, as some suggest that the picture itself is old, that she just brought it over to her new iPhone which backed her pics up to the cloud..

Let's keep in mind any pictures coming out in the next few weeks are all from the same source..

Posted via CB10
    09-21-14 06:34 AM
    Both her leaked pictures were taken in 2010, the exif data is still attached.

I think we all know she used to rock blackberries till she changed to an iPhone 5 or 5s.

She probably did a device switch or a complete transfer of all media from old to new phone.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by The Big Picture; 09-21-14 at 07:40 AM.
    Stewartj1 and tinochiko like this.
    09-21-14 07:15 AM
    [QUOTE=sentimentGX4;10868547]The "hacker" pretty much only targets women. Doubt Kanye was touched.

Also, I don't think Kim Kardashian leaked the photos herself even if she is an attention *****. She doesn't need nude pics for attention, anymore.

She just did a nude spread on GQ.

Posted via Q10 with 1154
    09-21-14 09:50 AM
    I realized from this thread that fanboyism is the same across all operating systems, or really across all things that has a fanbase. There are people just as oblivious as 'iSheep' on Crackberry. If you think BlackBerry fans are more informed than an Apple or Android fan you're deluded.

Posted via CB10
    TgeekB likes this.
    09-21-14 11:01 AM
    I realized from this thread that fanboyism is the same across all operating systems, or really across all things that has a fanbase. There are people just as oblivious as 'iSheep' on Crackberry. If you think BlackBerry fans are more informed than an Apple or Android fan you're deluded.

Posted via CB10
    There are levels of fanboyism, Apple fans been the more sheepish, Android ones the more rabid, and BlackBerry ones being the most myopic diehards.

Posted via CB10
    boeingrules likes this.
    09-21-14 11:42 AM

Also, I don't think Kim Kardashian leaked the photos herself even if she is an attention *****. She doesn't need nude pics for attention, anymore. On the flip side of the coin, I don't think she'd care much either since we've already seen her nude.

As for which platform is the safest? I think it's irrelevant. As Kim Kardashian has showed us, either even Blackberry can be compromised or smartphones are such a small part of your digital life that your choice of phone can't really protect you.
    How you making that leap. The Kate Upton photos were proven to be from Justin verlander's phone. Her boyfriend at the time.
    09-21-14 12:02 PM

I'm not saying that blackberry is 100% hackproof or anything but there should be a reasonable explaination.

If her pictures were taken directly from her phone it would mean that it's much more than a cloud service hack (of which BBOS devices didn't have BTW), it would mean total access of her device by remote, which is realistically speaking, quite improbable.

Kate upton's pictures were as recent as a few months ago, whereelse kim's was over 4 years ago.

But I'm pretty confident that it wasn't a blackberry vulnerability that allowed her picture to be leaked even though it was taken on a 9700, simply because automatic uploading of pictures to clouds just wasn't a thing then.

I guess we have to wait for a rep or herself to explain it, if that ever happens. On the contrary:

http://www.ibtimes.com/model-joy-cor...photos-1689444

If blackberry was found guilty at all I'm sure we will hear of it.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-14 01:46 PM
    With recent news of celebrity nude selfie being leaked we all wonder which platform is the most secure. We (BlackBerry community) has voiced our opinion saying that BlackBerry is the most secured.

Well Kim Kardashian's nude selfie has been leaked and she's using a BlackBerry and Gabrielle Union using an iphone. So can we still say that BlackBerry is the most secure? Unless of course Kim leaked the photo herself because we all know she craves attention to the max.

What do you all think?

Posted via CB10
    BBOS (Bold 9780 in particular as seen in photos) didn't have auto photos back up to cloud, therefore, there could be ONLY four ways pics went online:
    1) she leaked it herself.
    2) Someone got access to device/memory card
    3) she uploaded photos to her iPhone, and rest is known..
    4) someone got access to cloud/pc she was using, and the rest is known.

There is no other way. BlackBerry has not cloud backup in BBOS for pics and does not provide us service.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-14 02:51 PM

Nope, her BlackBerry could not be hacked

Posted via CB10
    09-21-14 02:52 PM
    It's not a security compromise when you leak it yourself......

Posted via CB10
    09-21-14 02:56 PM
    BBOS (Bold 9780 in particular as seen in photos) didn't have auto photos back up to cloud, therefore, there could be ONLY four ways pics went online:
    1) she leaked it herself.
    2) Someone got access to device/memory card
    3) she uploaded photos to her iPhone, and rest is known..
    4) someone got access to cloud/pc she was using, and the rest is known.

There is no other way. BlackBerry has not cloud backup in BBOS for pics and does not provide us service.

Posted via CB10
    Or as Foreverup mentioned above was stolen from the boyfriend/husbands/recipient's icloud.
    09-21-14 04:22 PM
    That's probably an old photo of Kim, I doubt she still uses that BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    09-21-14 04:27 PM
    There is a high possibility that her photos (whether taken with a BB, iPhone, Canon or Nikon Camera, etc.) were synched to iTunes/iCloud, and then hacked/stolen from the iCloud. Which phone she took the pictures with could be irrelavent, unless they were hacked/stolen directly from the phone, which didn't seem to be the case in the recent leaks. It is most likely that this is also related to an iCloud hack!

Posted via Z10
    09-22-14 06:47 AM
    It's funny when people take naked picture of themselves or allow others to do it for them.

Take little Zoe Barnes for instance. Shame what happened to that young girl. Tragedy.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-14 07:02 AM

What do you all think?

Posted via CB10
    Kim has both a Berry and an iPhone....So there is no telling. But, she is such a publicity w**hore I am sure she stole the idea and did it herself.
    Her whole life is orchestrated.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-14 07:02 AM