01-21-11 09:10 AM
- Hi Everyone,
First off, I would just like to thank everyone who posts their helpful tips and advice on this site. I am new to Blackberry and have been reading many of the discussions in this forum to get started. Anywys, on to my issue...
I own a 9700 and Rogers (GSM) is my carrier. I have a friend with Curve 3G through Telus (CDMA). I noticed when we both go to sites such as espn.com, he has a more rich website experience. basically all the subheadings have dropdown menus and the site in general has a much more appealing and user friendly layout. My wab page, however, is pure text and seems much more archaeic. Also, googles mobile site has icons stacked over each other and is a jumbled mess. I called Rogers about this issue and they basically told me the CDMA network is a more mature network and their is nothing I can do to fix this issue.
I went through every setting in my phone and compared it to my friends and they are all the same.
Does anyone have any ideas of why this is happening and is the guy from Rogers full of sh*t or am I actually doomed because i am with that carrier? Thanks for the help.01-20-11 08:36 PM
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com01-20-11 08:54 PM
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com01-20-11 09:10 PM
Last edited by CASH; 01-20-11 at 09:14 PM.01-20-11 09:11 PM
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com01-20-11 09:27 PM
- Yes exactly those icons. Another example would be the tech site arstechnica.com... My friends phone displays the top of the page as tabs and mine is all these illegible icons stacked on top of each other in rows (looks kind of like a pyramid). WTF IS GOING ON???
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com01-20-11 09:31 PM
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com01-20-11 09:39 PM
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com01-20-11 09:59 PM
Can someone go to espns mobile site and see what it looks like? Prrhaps the issue is not unique to rogers
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com01-20-11 10:07 PM
- Judging from the differences you're describing, it really sounds like he's got OS 6 installed. The webkit browser renders everything better. There is an official OS 6 for your 9700 and some leaks, I'm running .424 right now.
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com01-20-11 11:23 PM
- The sections 'Scores and Schedules', 'Whats Hot' and 'News and Analsis' should be stacked on top of each other and when i click one of them, the stories in each category should drop down. This is how it happens on my Ipod touch or friends blackberyy curve anyway...
And no, my friend does not have OS6. I am positive of this.
I hope this description helps.01-21-11 07:42 AM
- Hey DAS, just visited arstechnica.com and my browser rendered it well. At the top it shows nearly a full page of icons that ends in a diagonal line.
My settings are as follows:
Under General Properties:
Default Font-Global Serif
Default Font Size- 9
Minimum Font- 9
Minimum Style- Plain
Default View- Column
Image Quality -Low
Repeat Anims- Never
All boxes checked except:
Closing Mod Pages & Running Scripts
Under Menu/Encoding: default is set to ISO 8859-01.
Hope this helps.
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com01-21-11 08:20 AM
- I believe you when you say both are on OS 5.x and all settings are the same. With that assumed, it sounds like your OS load screwed up. It is a crappy job but it might be worth doing a full backup, wiping your phone with BBSAK or something similar and reloading your OS.
If anyone has telus and os 5 running, let me know how espn loasa. Thx again
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com01-21-11 09:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD