hi with out the cd that comes with the bb i cant download anything can i like ringtones video etc... just wondering because i cant veiw it due to the fact my computer is old ive been wanting to get a new one for awile now i guess its time. is there any other way to download in the mean time?
    08-19-08 04:54 PM
    No you can't cause you have to install the DM to download themes, movies, ringtones, and music. Then again i use my ubs cord to transfere my items, but my comp. doesn't recogize the cord w/o the disc.
    08-19-08 04:57 PM
    You can DL the proper software at BlackBerry.
    08-19-08 05:01 PM
    Yeah, go to blackberry.com then head over to the d/l section and you can find the latest DM.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-08 05:02 PM
    08-19-08 05:03 PM
    08-19-08 05:04 PM
    Yep ya need Desktop Manager installed on your 'Puter either from the enclosed CD or download and install it direct from the BlackBerry website BlackBerry For some reason the CD that came with my new Curve would not install the DM so I just downloaded it direct from BB.Com
    08-20-08 03:22 AM
    so i downloaded the softwear to my desktop but my windows does not except it to old! so i really cant enjoy my bb until i get new one or use someone else computer this sucks!
    08-21-08 09:02 AM
    i use windows media and sync my device and just drag from my library to the device. its easy and simple and you dont have to use roxio. i have never had a need for the cd that came with the phone. p.s what all can you do with the cd? thought maybe im missing somthing special. thanks!
    08-21-08 09:22 AM
    as for "the cd that comes with the bb"......makes a damn fine coaster!
    08-21-08 09:32 AM
    as for "the cd that comes with the bb"......makes a damn fine coaster!
    ha ha! thats what i figured. seemed like some software that i did not need. there must be somthing useful on it? anyone??
    08-21-08 09:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD