Unavailable.
    01-26-15 03:57 PM
    Darn hipsters. Always messing things up.
    They are taking over the world.... first iPhones, then it's legalizing Marijuana.... what's next? App equality for all!
    kbz1960 and potatoguy like this.
    01-26-15 03:59 PM
    There's a CBC documentary on now about how Apple has terrible working conditions for the Chinese workers that make their iPhones. Does BlackBerry do the same thing?

Posted via the Z30 on CB10
    Funny because Apple forest directly employee these people it's via a contract with Hon Hai aka Foxtron. This is well known fact and by very definition now also affects BlackBerry since they too contract through Foxtron.

The only reason I see apple is they have huge exclusive contracts with FoxTron even to the point if many facilities and equipment purchased by Hon Hai specifically to guarantee forward concern revenues through renewed or new contracts for new products from Apple. Along with new manufacturing processes that help Hon Hai learn build quality, design etc to apply with limitations to other contractors.

Posted via CB10
    01-26-15 04:06 PM
    Lol the pro apple users here spinning what I consider crimes against humanity.

Posted via CB10
    01-26-15 04:17 PM
    As if apple buyers give a $h1t. Come on just being pragmatic and realistic here.

I do but thats just me. I make an active, conscious decision to find out how, where and under what circumstance a product is made before buying.

But if you dont I dont judge.

Posted via CB10
    Sure you do.
    01-26-15 04:26 PM
    Lol the pro apple users here spinning what I consider crimes against humanity.

Posted via CB10
    Great, we couldn't fool you.

In the vain hope that my arguments would be taken into consideration: I don't like Apple as a company and the cult-like following it enjoys from some people. This has nothing to do with Apple, it's a problem of how real economies work and the negative consequences well-intended policies could have on the very people they pretend to protect.

I will leave the debate here and not intervene anymore.
    01-26-15 04:33 PM
    The real irony of the situation is the consumers and shareholders couldn't care less as long as their shiny new device shows up on the store shelves to buy and the company stock keeps doing well in their investment portfolios.

The big wheel of capitalism and corporate greed will continue to roll along. I have watched our once mighty manufacturing base here in the USA get gutted and shipped off to other countries for the sake of corporate greed and cheap slave labor and those politicians in our capital let it all happen.

Sent from my lovely Classic on T Mobile USA
    Free market economy. The businesses get to choose what's best for them.
    01-26-15 05:56 PM
    It's interesting that the working conditions at Foxconn are well documented yet BlackBerry just recently chose to do business with them. For those of you saying that the working conditions are some how better at the BlackBerry Foxconn plant (workers probably bored from lack of work) compared to the Apple Foxconn plant need to take your head out of the sand. This is Foxconn's business model. There are a ton of companies that jump at getting their products made as cheap as possible:

Acer Inc. (Taiwan)
    Amazon.com (United States)
    Apple Inc. (United States)
    BlackBerry Ltd. (Canada)
    Cisco (United States)
    Dell (United States)
    Google (United States)
    Hewlett-Packard (United States)
    IBM (United States)
    Microsoft (United States)
    Motorola Mobility (United States)
    Nintendo (Japan)
    Nokia (Finland)
    Sony (Japan)
    Toshiba (Japan)
    Vizio (United States)
    Ummm...no....sorry your Apple today won't keep the reality away.

I have bought 7 BlackBerry phones in the last 2 years. All were made in North America, none were made by Foxconn. As far as I know, only the Z3 for the Asian markets is built at a Foxconn factory.

All Apple iphones are made by Foxconn.

Now get your head out of the sand. Recognize that your infallible iphone is made as shown in the BBC documentary and continue to enjoy it if you can.

Similarly, I believe ( not sure though) that my older Sony Ps3 is made by Foxconn. Sony and Apple can do better.

Posted via CB10
    3MIKE likes this.
    01-26-15 05:59 PM
    They are taking over the world.... first iPhones, then it's legalizing Marijuana.... what's next? App equality for all!
    Hipsters don't need app equality. They all use iPhones.

Posted via CB10
    3MIKE and MikeX74 like this.
    01-26-15 06:01 PM
    Lol love it

Wish to know about detecting lies? Join our channel at C002EFE5D. At The KUQO Group, we're always searching for the truth.
    01-26-15 06:17 PM
    Read Post #18.
    And how does he know it's made by Foxconn??
    01-26-15 07:59 PM
    Read Post #18.
    Read post #30
    01-26-15 08:03 PM
    Previously, BlackBerry's main supplier had been Jabil Circuit of Florida, something most Americans did not know. BlackBerry also pays it taxes in North America, not Ireland.

TCB on Z10
    01-26-15 08:41 PM
    The CBC investigator interviewed an Indonesian that was former head of tin mining, and he said a lot of the tin was illegally mined and Apple bought a lot of it. Ironically, this guy was holding a BlackBerry Bold!
    Attachment 329723

Posted via the Z30 on CB10
    I wish for a LOLlike button. Like, a Hyperlike. Lol.
    Best photo post ever.
    Prem WatsApp likes this.
    01-27-15 05:06 AM
    The real irony of the situation is the consumers and shareholders couldn't care less as long as their shiny new device shows up on the store shelves to buy and the company stock keeps doing well in their investment portfolios.

The big wheel of capitalism and corporate greed will continue to roll along. I have watched our once mighty manufacturing base here in the USA get gutted and shipped off to other countries for the sake of corporate greed and cheap slave labor and those politicians in our capital let it all happen.

While I do agree to what you said above, but these corporations, investors, and such were also "pushed" to taking manufacturing overseas to appease our greed for cheap products, our demand for "cheap" was rewarded with "crap", and a broken local economy.

Thanks everyone!!!!
    01-27-15 06:34 AM
    While I do agree to what you said above, but these corporations, investors, and such were also "pushed" to taking manufacturing overseas to appease our greed for cheap products, our demand for "cheap" was rewarded with "crap", and a broken local economy.

Thanks everyone!!!!
    That's one side to it. It also had to do with corporate greed wanting to make more money because "it wasn't enough" to have private jets and boats and crap. There are a lot of reasons why many manufacturers took their jobs overseas.

Wish to know about detecting lies? Join our channel at C002EFE5D. At The KUQO Group, we're always searching for the truth.
    01-27-15 06:39 AM

Are any of your clothes made in China? Do you make sure that you check ALL of the manufacturing and factory conditions before you purchase your new shirt or jeans?

As someone who goes to China A LOT, I can tell you that the conditions and pay have improved dramatically from just 5 yrs ago. As well, the factory workers don't think that they have it as bad as what is being said on TV. AND most are happy that they have a job.

Without Apple, many of these unfortunate overworked under appreciated would be jobless. Same goes with Nike and whichever company the media is trashing to sell advertising space. BTW, do you think CBC checks the companies factory conditions before they take said companies marketing money to air a new commercial???
    01-27-15 06:40 AM
    Previously, BlackBerry's main supplier had been Jabil Circuit of Florida, something most Americans did not know. BlackBerry also pays it taxes in North America, not Ireland.

TCB on Z10
    Who cares where Apple pays it's taxes.?They are not doing anything illegal. They pay taxes for the devices that are sold in the USA. Why would they pay taxes for international sales. And please don't tell me that they are screwing the (North) American economy.

Apple's main goal is to make the shareholders happy. Even though I am about as anti-Apple as it gets, I would guess that Apple shareholders are ecstatic...
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    01-27-15 06:47 AM
    That's one side to it. It also had to do with corporate greed wanting to make more money because "it wasn't enough" to have private jets and boats and crap. There are a lot of reasons why many manufacturers took their jobs overseas.

Of course it is definitely a combination of everything mentioned above, and its a debate that can go on for years, with no resolution of course. This is just the evolution of the world economy, unfortunately.
    I myself am not implying we take every from of manufacturing back form overseas, but a good balance is imperative for a country to succeed.
    Canada and the USA almost let this fundamental element completely leave our countries, thankfully, we have brought some of it back, because without it, we are doomed.
    01-27-15 06:55 AM
    Who cares where Apple pays it's taxes.?They are not doing anything illegal. They pay taxes for the devices that are sold in the USA. Why would they pay taxes for international sales. And please don't tell me that they are screwing the (North) American economy.

Apple's main goal is to make the shareholders happy. Even though I am about as anti-Apple as it gets, I would guess that Apple shareholders are ecstatic...
    When the US and California governments decide to pay down their debt and deficits I'm sure that there will be a lot of people whom will care where Apple has been paying their taxes. But I agree that their shareholders are happy and that is what corporations try to do.

Posted via CB10
    01-27-15 07:03 AM
    If Foxconn is committing crimes against humanity and it's all Apples fault. Then why would your precious leader; John Chen make a deal with them? He knows about the working conditions, but instead chose to still deal with them. So how are they any better or worse than Apple?

BlackBerry Z3 Designer Talks About Influence and Foxconn Partnership | Inside BlackBerry
    BlackBerry CEO confirms Foxconn-made Q20 and Z3 phones - CNET
    BlackBerry, Foxconn partnership comes with back story - The Globe and Mail
    BlackBerry Enlists Foxconn to Make Phones as Sales Plunge - Bloomberg
    BBC News - Blackberry and Foxconn agree a five-year deal

Did Chen ask Foxconn to make his products at the "good" factory?

Sorry, you can't have it both ways. Foxconn has poor work conditions everyone knows that, Chen still decided to do business with them.

Let's move on now...
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    01-27-15 07:13 AM
    Did Chen ask Foxconn to make his products at the "good" factory?
    Most probably he did exactly that! It's a part of the agreement .
    01-27-15 08:19 AM
    I would like to think Chen checked the factory out, I'm sure he doesn't want bad press like the apple/foxcon debacle.

 Z10
    01-27-15 08:43 AM
    The bold part is one of the silliest justifications I have ever read. Goodness. Talk about brand loyalty.
    Indeed

Send from the amazing powers of the  Z30
    01-27-15 08:44 AM
    Most probably he did exactly that! It's a part of the agreement .
    I would like to think Chen checked the factory out, I'm sure he doesn't want bad press like the apple/foxcon debacle.

 Z10
    As I mentioned earlier... Foxconn has factories all over the world. But the Z3 and Classic are made in China, and I doubt that there is much difference between one factory there and another.

Also as I mentioned, Foxconn makes 40% of all the consumer electronics made today..... So to say this is only an Apple issue is very short sighted.
    01-27-15 08:52 AM
210 12345 ...