What's up with the repetitive threads with non Weiss fonts?

Posted with my trusty Z10
    08-21-17 06:50 AM
    Yeah, is there any way to restrict the number of threads a new user can post? Maybe, like, one thread every 8 hours or something like that?
    1122334455667788 likes this.
    08-21-17 07:11 AM
    Yeah, is there any way to restrict the number of threads a new user can post? Maybe, like, one thread every 8 hours or something like that?
    Just add captcha's!
    Everyone loves time consuming captcha's!
    08-21-17 11:03 AM
    Guessing there is a disgruntled member causing some chaos.
    Have to say I don't completely agree with some of the moderators decisions or the gangbanging I see happening on people who just want to express their own views and wondered if this sort of thing would happen.
    08-24-17 05:19 AM
    Any malicious "surprises" hidden in them?
    08-24-17 05:55 AM
    all in Korean? I thought Sammy sent their message... Look like CB gets on someone's nerve...hahaha. with Note 8 and iphone 8 all near 1,000 USD range, K1 stood out as very nice value play for the ave Joe if TCL can handle the volume... so far, look like still struggle to fulfill the market (world number 8 MFG of electronics appear to be not that much of K1 production house... everywhere got shortage of supply... someone at high up need to get their head examed... after 3 month still got problem to meed the demand? that is very very slow "learning curve"... you need volume to compansate the "screen fall off" profit slump...it better get unit out quickly before the school start - special ed for school for example with extra ear bud - a good one matching brand or with holster/case - knowing the antenna isolation is not that great, another for x'mas (release before black friday). IMHO.
    08-24-17 06:19 AM
    Someone should tell Kim Jong UN that BLACKBERRY is CANADIAN, and not AMERICAN

It's bad with the tapatalk app like I just started using because the app pulls in EVERY notification on forums you follow. With the imore app everything was pretty silent, at least in my case.
    Last edited by Ralph Morgotch; 08-24-17 at 11:12 PM.
    08-24-17 09:57 PM
    The only foolproof cure is to require paid membership. Even if it's just $1 to make a new account, it will send them packing. Spammers only do what they do because it's free, automated, and hard to trace. But few forums do that (even though the ones who do have almost zero spam, ever).

Another option would be to suspend any new accounts from being made at all for a week. Maybe they'll move on to the next website to harass by the time the ban is lifted.
    08-31-17 08:35 AM
    The only foolproof cure is to require paid membership. Even if it's just $1 to make a new account, it will send them packing. Spammers only do what they do because it's free, automated, and hard to trace. But few forums do that (even though the ones who do have almost zero spam, ever).

Another option would be to suspend any new accounts from being made at all for a week. Maybe they'll move on to the next website to harass by the time the ban is lifted.
    If a one time $1 charge would help, I would pay it in a heartbeat.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    08-31-17 08:39 AM

^^ This, I for one would pay the $1 (or better yet, only apply the $1 fee for "new" accounts) and maybe us exiting guys and gals could be grandfathered in. Kinda like Verizon's Unlimited Data Plan (that was a poke at FF22, in case he is lurking )

And kvndoom's 2nd suggestion is also very relevant. Don't we have limitations in place where new accounts cannot post pictures unless they hit a certain post # limit? why not have the same apply, but in reverse, no new user can post anything for a week, I like that one!!
    08-31-17 08:43 AM
    Or make it so you can only make 1 thread or 5 post every 12 hours until you reach certain time and posting thresholds (say, registered for 1 month and 25 posts, whichever happens later). That way, a spambot would be easier to spot and clean up before clogging up the entire board.
    zephyr613 likes this.
    08-31-17 08:57 AM
    I saw a couple of phone numbers in those spam topics and wonder if doing the same as the guy in the link below would help.
    http://www.iflscience.com/technology...hone-scammers/

Posted via CB10
    09-02-17 03:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD