Ok, before I start my rant, I love what CB stands for and what it's designed to do as far as helping people with a Blackberry. It's a fun site and I for one enjoy it, I want to make that perfectly clear first and foremost. Now it's RANT TIME!!

1) Someone made a post about this same thing a couple of months ago but I forgot the title of it. I'm upset right now. I'm upset because I had a 14 year old pin me without knowing that they were 14. I forgot what their user name was because I was upset!! It was a female CHILD!! To make a long story short without going into what went down, this child started telling me how sexy I was and that she liked my muscles and all of this. I'm thinking it's an adult member and thank Goodness I didn't flirt like I may usually do. I asked her where are you from and they said Texas. I then said, what type of work do you do if you don't mind me asking and she said that I was in school. No problem there because I'm thinking college at this time. I said what are you majoring in, she said majoring in?? I said yes, what are you taking in College?? She then stated I'm not in College I'm in junior high!! I told her right then, I said look, I have a daughter your age and you should not be contacting grown people talking the way you do. If I caught my daughter doing what you just did, I would split her a$$ in two!!! I then deleted her!!!

2)Now, for the rest of my rant, we have social users, date users, and possibly, I don't know how many nude shots sent back and forth from member to member on the site. THIS IS NOT A PLACE FOR USERS UNDER THE AGE OF 21, SIMPLE AS THAT!! Before a member gets caught up in something like I almost did, CB needs to FIX THIS QUICK!! To all legal aged CB users, BE CAREFUL WITH WHO PINS YOU AND ASK THEIR AGE!!!
    08-24-08 07:57 AM
    I'm still trying to figure out what would make parents (so-called) anyway buy a child something like a Berry anyway with all of the sexual predators and everything in this world??? Can someone please answer that one for me?? Please!!!!?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-08 08:04 AM
    Well, I agree with you on some of your points. I'm 14 and I don't pin ANYONE from this site unless I know there age and they know mine. I joined cb so I could learn about my bb and help others with the information I had. I don't spend much time in the pin sharing forum and really don't care to. I would say that part isn't for people my age, but I don't think there is anything wrong with people my age contributing to the blackberry-related forums.

08-24-08 08:11 AM
    I'm still trying to figure out what would make parents (so-called) anyway buy a child something like a Berry anyway with all of the sexual predators and everything in this world??? Can someone please answer that one for me?? Please!!!!?

I agree with you. There needs to be some protection for all member groups/types.

Personally, I think your muscles are great too. I am jealous but then I am a bald 62 year old married white guy who has drunk too much beer and not done enough exercize largely due to serious asthma as a child in the 60s. Am I gonna flirt with you? Nah.

The last time I was sexually predated was by my neighbors small dog who seemed to like my leg very much.

My solution was to remove my PIN from my personal information and to only give it to people whom I could verify.

I can only suggest that you do the same thing and to post (for your own protection) when you are accosted by young ladies (there I go being jealous again).

You could also take your muscles off your avatar.
    Last edited by Pete6; 08-24-08 at 11:34 AM.
    08-24-08 08:12 AM
    I don't think this is CB's issue! The same thing could happen on any site. There's no way to control this. People can lie on the registration. You just have to take it into your own hands when engaging in that type of behavior.
    08-24-08 08:17 AM
    LOL Pete!

I agree, the problem lies more with PIN numbers being freely available.

If you had a bog standard phone and posted your mobile number then the same thing could happen choose what device they were using.

It's not the device.
    08-24-08 08:18 AM
    And to you 2nd post, my parents trust me and my Dad works for the da office. He told me right out, no myspace or any other social site. He told me stories of what can happen and I have seen this kind of thing in the news. I didn't get a berry for pin sharing, I even have pins blocked on my firewall. I got a berry because of the pim functions and the email and web. I only use my berry to keep in contact with people I know.

08-24-08 08:19 AM
    And to you 2nd post, my parents trust me and my Dad works for the da office. He told me right out, no myspace or any other social site. He told me stories of what can happen and I have seen this kind of thing in the news. I didn't get a berry for pin sharing, I even have pins blocked on my firewall. I got a berry because of the pim functions and the email and web. I only use my berry to keep in contact with people I know.

No kidding! The wap site can be accessed by any cell phone, it doesn't have to be a BB.
    08-24-08 08:21 AM
    I agree hazy there's no way to control it. Its messed up but people will lie to get past any kind of age verification. Oh and lol @ pete

08-24-08 08:22 AM

I feel you on this subject here Apollo_Creed. I'm a male junior high teacher and its amazing how many kids have a phone like the blackberry or other pda's for that matter. What I see alot of is that these (so-called) parents are rewarding the wrong thing. Meaning kids that have all F's, that can barely read and stay in the most trouble get whatever they want. Such as new clothes (high designer), shoes, and etc. It seems to me that parents (so-called) are putting their money into the wrong thing. I'm glad that you found out ahead of time about this young lady(GIRL) age b4 something bad happened. I can't begin to tell you how many little junior high girls i've had to tell that I am grown and don't fool around with little girls. I feel u 100% on the fact that something needs to be done to protect us legal age and law abiding citizens. I could go on for days about this topic but I will stop it right here.
    08-24-08 08:26 AM
    I also found removing my PIN from my information helped a lot! Like has been mentioned before if someone had your phone number they could text you, if they had your aim, yahoo, whatever messenger trhey can mesage you. Be careful and only answer who you know!

Pete, you are hilarious!

08-24-08 08:34 AM
    I agree with almost everyone so far. It is not really CB's problem to have to police what age groups are hanging around in here. That's part of the reason I do not post my PIN on my profile. I did have my Yahoo! IM icon up at one time but I had to take that down after 2 days b/c of similar crap that kept coming my way. Unfortunately this stuff can happen anywhere and you just have to be on your gaurd. I know that people are worried about adult sexual predators but as bigdiesel noted, there are the underage types coming after adults and it is up to us to ward them off or just plain ignore them.
    08-24-08 08:39 AM
    I feel you on this subject here Apollo_Creed. I'm a male junior high teacher and its amazing how many kids have a phone like the blackberry or other pda's for that matter. What I see alot of is that these (so-called) parents are rewarding the wrong thing. Meaning kids that have all F's, that can barely read and stay in the most trouble get whatever they want. Such as new clothes (high designer), shoes, and etc. It seems to me that parents (so-called) are putting their money into the wrong thing. I'm glad that you found out ahead of time about this young lady(GIRL) age b4 something bad happened. I can't begin to tell you how many little junior high girls i've had to tell that I am grown and don't fool around with little girls. I feel u 100% on the fact that something needs to be done to protect us legal age and law abiding citizens. I could go on for days about this topic but I will stop it right here.
    Thanks diesel!! In the line of work you're in, you know that I'm not lying about that. So many school teachers now adays are getting hemmed up and what's so surprising, it's a lot of women now messing with underage boys. By the same token, a lot of members are right. You can't control it now that I think about it. Pete, lol to you also you're funny!! You did make me feel better. Are you sure you weren't a comedian??

08-24-08 08:40 AM
    Dude, if you insist on posting your pic in your avatar with your pin right next to it, don't go ranting and freakin out when dateline NBC shows up at your door cause you've been talkin' naughty to a 14 year old transvestite.
    If you have a teenager, you should know better.
    Pete, I think we have the same neighbor.

08-24-08 09:03 AM
    That's why I don't post my PIN, well at least one reason.

Appolo! It's your own fault for being such a stud! LOL...just kidding man, don't taze me bro?!?!
    08-24-08 09:06 AM
    Dude, if you insist on posting your pic in your avatar with your pin right next to it, don't go ranting and freakin out when dateline NBC shows up at your door cause you've been talkin' naughty to a 14 year old transvestite.

LMFAO!
    Last edited by srplummer; 08-24-08 at 09:22 AM.
    08-24-08 09:08 AM

Yeah, you're right DUDE!! But my teen doesn't have a Berry either. I'm trying to figure out now how this has/is trying to be turned against me as the bad guy. Answer that one for me FONEBRKR!!!

08-24-08 09:09 AM

By the way, KISS MY WHAT?????

08-24-08 09:17 AM
    I'm trying to have an intelligent conversation before someone by the name of fonebrkr is trying to tell me that it's my fault!! So next you probably believe pretty women get raped because of how they dress!! They ask for it they say!! Are you one of those since you're trying to make me look bad???

08-24-08 09:21 AM
    Yeah, you're right DUDE!! But my teen doesn't have a Berry either. I'm trying to figure out now how this has/is trying to be turned against me as the bad guy. Answer that one for me FONEBRKR!!!

First off, i've never been approached by anyone on this site or any other that I frequent in ANY sexual way. I have plenty of friends on this site and others that I pin and PM, so i'm not too smart, but i'm guessin it's the fact that I haven't put my picture and phone # on the world wide web. Duh.
    I'm on wap right now, so I can't see, but I'd be willing to bet, your info is still up.

08-24-08 09:21 AM
    By the way, KISS MY WHAT?????

Gee Apollo, I hardly know you, this relationship is moving way too fast for me.

08-24-08 09:23 AM
    First off, i've never been approached by anyone on this site or any other that I frequent in ANY sexual way. I have plenty of friends on this site and others that I pin and PM, so i'm not too smart, but i'm guessin it's the fact that I haven't put my picture and phone # on the world wide web. Duh.
    I'm on wap right now, so I can't see, but I'd be willing to bet, your info is still up.

A lot of us here at CB don't like to hide behind posts and emails. Why talk to a ghost?? It's not like we're giving out a lot of personal info, just a pic, that's it!! You know what though, I'm not going to spend my energy on someone like you!!! Hope you have fun on the site!! Duhhhhh!!!!!

08-24-08 09:25 AM
    Geez guys, give Apollo a break. He is just stating his point of view. Now...I agree with most of the posters....you're gonna find this type of thing no matter where you go on the net....however...it is up to us as responsible adults to weed out the pervs and underage kids. Just my opinion.
    08-24-08 09:27 AM
    I have my Berry, my 18 yo has one and so does my 14 yo. I pay the phone bill, I monitor what goes on. The 18 yo doesn't have but one buddy besides her sister and I, and the 14 yo only has her sister and myself. They do check their myspace..but I have a myspace as well, so I know what goes on there too! Call me ridiculous..I call it being safe. We love the messenger on the BB, we can communicate instantly and its sooo very handy for 18 yo for maps too, saved her **** more than once.

I don't think there is any way to get around this..kids can post any age they want too, I think we just need to be careful. That's what the delete button is for, for sure.

Apollo, I am a happily married woman with 3 kids...but I like your muscles too, and appreciate your ranting, you have a good point, I just don't think there is much CB can do about it.

Laura
    08-24-08 09:31 AM
    OK guys this conversation is going nowhere fast. I believe a valid point was made regarding unsolicited messages Apollo described. I don't think that Apollos photo is in any way an instigation for what happened, however I'm also not a big fan of posting my pin.

I think the lesson to be learned here is not to make this a 18 only site, but to screen your messages. Are we going to start banning children from using e-mail next or instant messengers like MSN or IRC chat rooms. I believe the lessons learned there can easily be carried over to our BB world.
    08-24-08 09:34 AM
88 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD