Well, firstly, I never said I was no longer a BlackBerry user. I have two Playbooks (or rather, I have one with me everyday, and one is at home for my wife to use from time to time). So I'm still a BlackBerry user, notwithstanding I couldn't find a reason to buy into BB10 (though I waited for it with the greatest of anticipation).

Secondly, I'm a phone agnostic. I don't buy a phone, or buy into an ecosystem, because of a label. I've had my Android device for a little over a month now, but have been on Android Central for over a year.

Thirdly (though it's really an extension of my second point), I don't discount the possibility of returning to BB at some point. Based on what I'm seeing now, I don't see that point coming anytime soon, but as I indicated in my first post, I dearly want to see BlackBerry succeed. Part of me is angry that they've let themselves stumble the way they have. But if they give me a reason, I'll certainly be back. There are some aspects of my old 9900 that I miss...that my Android doesn't have (bedside mode, sound profiles). Staying in touch with CB at least lets me keep up on the issues somewhat.

But little of that answers your actual question, namely, what motivates me to take the time to continue to participate in discussions. There are two answers to this. First, when I see a post like the OP's...which mourns the loss of what CB was, or which I can identify with in any way, then I feel compelled to lend my support. This is a fan site, after all, and as much as the regulars here would suggest that there's too much negativity, I would submit the opposite; there's too much "I love my BlackBerry" fluff, and those that speak out generally need a bit of support. Case in point, your comment directly below the one I've quoted supports to merging of redundant threads. Tell me...does that include the "Why my Z10 is the best" and "How awesome is the Q10" threads as well? Or just the controversial ones?

Secondly, and I'll admit this reflects badly on me, when I see hypocrisy in the forums, it drives me nuts, and I feel compelled to respond. Trolls come in all flavours, and I submit there's likely a little bit of troll (of one flavour or another) in all of us. Too often, I take the bait, such as when I see the "tools not toys" crowd applauding the latest tweet by BB's head of gaming.

I trust that answers your question?

That was an outstanding answer and quite honestly I was surprised at its thoroughness and reasonableness.

I rarely quote entire posts just to add a few lines, as it violates the online etiquette rules of old to repost long-winded or unrelated stuff just to say "I agree", but in this case a response like this is so rare in my experience, I decided it deserved to be re-posted.

Thanks.
    Poirots Progeny likes this.
    07-30-13 06:16 PM
    Lol agreed. Though I live in Chicagoland now I grew up in more central Indiana, so I'm a Colts fan.
    07-30-13 07:33 PM
    That was an outstanding answer and quite honestly I was surprised at its thoroughness and reasonableness.

I rarely quote entire posts just to add a few lines, as it violates the online etiquette rules of old to repost long-winded or unrelated stuff just to say "I agree", but in this case a response like this is so rare in my experience, I decided it deserved to be re-posted.

Thanks.
    Ouch.

Very ouch.
    h20work likes this.
    07-30-13 09:46 PM
    There are entirely too many people on these threads who need to find their own place in other forums.
    I don't go talking trash in another forum. Why can't I say good things about BB when I'm a BB girl? That's what I don't get. Why is that wrong? So that makes me a meatball.....pfft I've been called worse!
    I understand where you're coming from. However the topic isn't about putting down those who speak out positively about BB. Nor is about those who frequent the site to trash BB. Instead, it's about frustrated BB users who get beat down because they had the audacity to publicly voice their problems instead of praising all things BBRY

SwiftKeyed/Flowed via Tapatalk 4 Beta.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    07-30-13 09:48 PM
    Ouch.

Very ouch.
    ????

I gave you several compliments (which you didn't acknowledge) and then you spun my comment as ragging on you??

Jeez.

No wonder we have endless arguments here.
    07-31-13 04:22 AM
    Lol agreed. Though I live in Chicagoland now I grew up in more central Indiana, so I'm a Colts fan.
    The Real Colts are from Baltimore not Indy and who would one minute claim Chicago with a picture showing you enjoying cigars Mike Ditka style then suddenly jump off the bears bandwagon other than a MEATBALL. You sir should stand by Chicago other than the Bears, Cubs,Whitesox, and Obama you have nothing to be ashamed of. You got the Blackhawks be proud OP.
    shaleem likes this.
    07-31-13 05:14 AM
    Omnitech, I'm afraid you mistook my intention; I was playfully pointing out your clearly unintentional suggestion of long-windedness, in the face of a complimentary post. It was meant to seem a bit ridiculous, as I singled out one (two?) words out of your complimentary reply. I apologize for the confusion.

I had actually thought of including in my reply that my long-winded reply was a result of your sincere query, which it was.
    Omnitech likes this.
    07-31-13 11:27 AM
    The Real Colts are from Baltimore not Indy and who would one minute claim Chicago with a picture showing you enjoying cigars Mike Ditka style then suddenly jump off the bears bandwagon other than a MEATBALL. You sir should stand by Chicago other than the Bears, Cubs,Whitesox, and Obama you have nothing to be ashamed of. You got the Blackhawks be proud OP.
    Its not really jumping off or on a bandwagon. I root for Chicago teams when there isn't an Indiana team, so Sox and Hawks. As for the Baltimore thing, in two years they will have been in Indy longer than Baltimore. And I know what you're wondering. Why leave Baltimore? What's Indy got other than double the population and half the murder rate?
    07-31-13 12:37 PM
    He is requesting people to BEHAVE friendly so the new users feels comfortable, is it wrong? There is no need to compare other sites.
    There's nothing wrong with the request. The title and narrative of this thread suggests this is a CB only thing. Had CB not been singled out I wouldn't take issue. Had it been a generalization of fan sites in total, that's a different story.

@BruvvaPete
    08-01-13 05:43 AM
    I think cb has a lot of helpful replies to threads, as long as the op sounds like he/she is genuinely asking for help. When it is blatantly obvious that the OP is just trying to get a reaction by posting the same topic that has been covered already in numerous other threads, it gets a bit tiresome. If you need help, ask nicely. Complaining about the cb nation and how overly defensive it is about a product the website is dedicated towards after posting a thread on how the product sucks and you're leaving the platform just doesn't make much sense. It's really not that difficult a concept is it?

I think Justin Bieber sucks as an artist. Am I going to go to the Justin Bieber fansite and rant about how I believe he lacks vocal and dance skills, and then expect the fans to reply to me nicely? No, it doesn't change the fact that the fans are unjustifiably defending Justin Bieber, but who's the genius expecting a nice reply after posting a thread bashing him? It's really not that difficult. Stop posting stupid posts and expecting nice replies. If you want genuine replies, genuinely ask. Simple.

Posted via CB10
    Seriously^^

Posted via Z10 STL100-3 using CB10. Fido, Toronto.
    08-02-13 01:40 AM
    It's the Blackberry diehards that usually steer the topic towards Android and iPhone though...
    Are you implying that diehards are the ones who start the bashing? ( in their nature to do so? )

Posted via Z10 STL100-3 using CB10. Fido, Toronto.
    08-02-13 02:00 AM
    There shouldn't be ANY namecalling on CB!

That's the real CB problem, namecallers!
    Yes, it is. Two way street, and never ends up well.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CB Forums mobile app
    08-02-13 08:41 PM
    Omnitech, I'm afraid you mistook my intention; I was playfully pointing out your clearly unintentional suggestion of long-windedness, in the face of a complimentary post. It was meant to seem a bit ridiculous, as I singled out one (two?) words out of your complimentary reply. I apologize for the confusion.

I had actually thought of including in my reply that my long-winded reply was a result of your sincere query, which it was.
    A few people told him he needs to work on his people skills

He didn't called you a git so maybe it's working
    mikeo007 likes this.
    08-02-13 09:32 PM
    I'm not mad, nor i mean to disrespect, if my comment seems offensive i apologize, but as i said before, it takes more than 15 mins to get familiar with a new OS.
    08-05-13 10:58 PM
139 ... 456