View Poll Results: Which URL launch option would you prefer added:

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll

24 60.00%
  • New BB Posts

16 40.00%
    Kevin thought it might be a good idea to take a poll on this before we make a final decision.

We are going to add a "New Posts" link to the CB Launcher, but want to know which you prefer, one with only the BB related posts (in other words, leaves out off topic, social users, site forums, etc.), or one with all forums included.

Yes, we could put both in, but IF you had to choose, which one would you prefer as an option?

If you never use the launcher, then don't vote, as this is for the people that actual like to use it.
    07-05-08 03:18 PM
    I'd prefer both...or, include all so that you don't leave anyone out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-05-08 03:58 PM
    Much prefer Blackberry-only. There are LOTS of sources for the others.

07-05-08 04:00 PM
    A perfect tie so far... this is NOT helping, haha.

Actually, I have another idea... where I would let you set which forums (by number) are excluded. This way if the forum number changes, or your preferences change, you can just update the list.

Seems like the best way to go since the URL is not fixed anyway.

Will take a bit more work to program, but I think will be worth the trouble.
    07-05-08 04:25 PM
    I like to see all the new posts. But it's not that tough to click the "All" link once you're in the forums.
    07-05-08 04:36 PM
    I vote for BB only. The option to choose would be nice.

07-05-08 04:39 PM
    Interesting point Chaz.
    07-05-08 04:41 PM
    I say both.

07-05-08 04:42 PM
    I like to see ALL new posts--I read virtually everything at CB don't matter what forum its posted in.

07-05-08 04:44 PM
    I like the one with all new posts.

07-05-08 04:44 PM
    I exclusively use BB and have previously suggested Social & Pin Users be moved into All with the OT posts. Not to be exclusive, but so the people needing help would not have to compete for attention with people just wanting to chat.

07-05-08 05:04 PM
    I like to see all of them as well.
    07-05-08 05:09 PM
    both please
    07-05-08 05:11 PM
    I actually feel rather strongly about this. I prefer that ALL new posts be the link for the ALL NEW POSTS! I post and read in all of the various forums and want to see them all. Once I get to the list of new posts, I can pick and choose which ones I want to read. If I don't want to bother with the social and off-topic forums then I ignore those posts, but I rarely find that I ignore anything here on Crackberry!

I would be quite disappointed if you were to only provide a link to New BB Posts.
    07-05-08 05:22 PM
    I side with Chaz on this... Please the bb-only crowd at the entry point but provide easy access to all posts for those who want it.

07-05-08 05:24 PM
    I vote for all.

07-05-08 05:28 PM
    All posts would be nice I always click that so eliminating a step would be good. Not that I would have thought about it without it being brought to my attention. The way it is is fine
    07-05-08 05:31 PM
    07-05-08 05:50 PM
    I exclusively use BB and have previously suggested Social & Pin Users be moved into All with the OT posts. Not to be exclusive, but so the people needing help would not have to compete for attention with people just wanting to chat.

Cant say it any better than this!!
    07-05-08 05:57 PM
    I agree with Scandalex and JeffH -- I prefer Blackberry posts only. If you can put in a link for the OT type posts and make the others happy, go for it, but I don't read the other posts personally.
    07-05-08 06:07 PM
    I agree with Scandalex and JeffH -- I prefer Blackberry posts only. If you can put in a link for the OT type posts and make the others happy, go for it, but I don't read the other posts personally.
    I prefer reading OT when I'm on my laptop or home at my PC. The Pearl is great, but IMHO, no replacement for a full size computer.
    07-05-08 06:10 PM
    It shouldn't be this tough to decide. Like Chaz said it's easy to click over to where one wants to go, but I find I really use titles and number of replys to decide what I want to read first. That means both, I guess, but what I'd really like would be the most popular - the most read posts first. Sort of a top twenty.

You need an answer, however, so both is my vote..

07-05-08 06:41 PM
    I chose BB.... It actually doesn't matter to me, but like Chaz stated, hitting "All" isn't too hard.
    07-05-08 08:41 PM
    Both would be nice

07-05-08 09:12 PM
    I agree with Chaz and Jayden.
    07-05-08 09:20 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD